Buying Flea And Tick Treatments Online

I haven't been a dog owner for all that long so was curious where you guys bought your flea and tick treatments.

Our puppy is on Advance and the cheapest I could find (including postage and handling) was here

Has anyone ever dealt with this company before? Can you recommend anywhere cheaper?

We've also bought from them several times (i do one order a year to save on postage). They're fast and efficient. It's run by a vet surgery in Qld. The products i've ordered (Advantage and Interceptor Spectrum) also have very long expiry dates (several years!)

:laugh: I use them, too. Good service. You can pay up to double the price at the vets!

If you're in a tick-prone area, you need to use it fortnightly for paralysis tick prevention. Lots of ticks where I live and dog often in long grass, but I only use fortnightly during summer and if unseasonably warm. Tick feels small, firm and about size of very small pimple. Not hard to feel thru poodle fur (once you know what they feel like) and my dog likes the pats that go with checking him all over. Favoutite places on my dog have been inside of ear leathers and around the eyes (bush ticks).

I recently placed my first interceptor order with PP, and while they did deliver and they are the cheapest I've found...I paid on a Thursday and my order didn't arrive until the next Thursday...that just seemed a tad slow to me. Especially when I was told that the minute my payment hit their bank a/c they would ship my order (they gave me the impression it was sitting there and the second I paid, it would be mailed).

Dunno whether to use them again or not...reliable service is important to me as is timely dispatch of order.

I'm going to be ordering my second batch soon. I've noticed the price has gone up a little but I suppose that's to be expected. PP is still the cheapest I've come across.

I usually buy them in advance so I dont have a problem with it being a few days late. They've been pretty good with service tho. It only took 5 days to get my first order (weekend included)

What is the difference between these products? There doesn't seem to be a description of them all, they obviously just expect you to know which is which, and what they do.

I don't need tick control, but have had a real problem with fleas this year!

I have been using frontline, but was wondering if there is a better product.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

I have used http://www.vetshed.com.au/cms/p.php to buy a particular grooming tool which varied in price around the country by $30.00! Fast service and easy to deal with. Keep a few sites in your favourites list and check them for prices before you buy. Keep an eye open for 'postage and handling', as this can make a huge difference.

"What is the difference between these products? There doesn't seem to be a description of them all, they obviously just expect you to know which is which, and what they do."

Some kill a few external parasites, and some kill iinternal parasites and some do both. I have just started using one that does everything! It seemed expensive, but once I had added up the cost of different preparations for different parasites, then it was not so bad. I tend to use these product only when my dogs might be at risk, such as when they are going to be in contact with other dogs or a place where other dogs have been. No tick and no heartworm where we live, but the stuff we use to protact the dogs from worms and fleas also protects against ticks and heartworm.

That would be right... the day i purchase some product over the net and someone starts a thread and finds it cheaper!!! I just used vetnpetdirect.com.au and got Advocate which was heaps cheaper than most of the other places that i looked at and like $40 cheaper than what my vet quoted me! But pricelesspets have it for like $8 cheaper... not a huge difference i guess!

Price comparison with Priceless Pets has been around $30 cheaper on Sentinel Spectrum when compared to my vets price. Now I use Revolution and that comparison is about the same amount of savings.

Priceless Pets responded via email within an hour of faxing through my order and the product arrived within a couple days. I have been quite happy with them.

I have been recommending them to everyone - now I just need to find some where that sells cheaper all wormer tablets and I will be very happy.