Your Local Vet

Our vet in Melbourne charged $65.00 per dog for a C5, it was the same the previous year (2004) in Cairns...I think it was around $55 the previous year (2003) in Canberra. :shrug: I'm not sure that size of the dog comes into the equation but my dogs are 3.5 kgs (was vaccinated by the rescue group in October just before I adopted her), 17 kgs, and 25 kgs. The two bigger dogs cost the same for the C5 vacc. :confused: I happily pay it b/c I figure it's much less stressful than a dog picking up something preventible by vaccine. :rofl:

I just had our puppies done with C4 at our vet in Bendigo (Victoria), and paid $20 per vaccination :-). Had ten to do so was very pleased with the price (there was no discount though, this is her standard price).

I just got quotes from two vets for C5 and annual Heartworm (she was on this when I got her, so have just continued it)

The C5 came in at 68.50 and 65.00

The heartworm at 82.00 to 88.00 from one vet and $100 from the other.

This is for a 30-32kg dog.

:thumbsup:

Vaccinations are the same amount for any size dog.

Heartworm injection amouts differ with dog sizes.

They don't have regulations on what they charge but I think the AVA has recommended fees for (vets)members.

This is my second attempt as the computer just ate the first one :confused:

C5 $40 the others are less but I get C5's

utlrasound $25

ProHeart for 7kg Pug $12.50

Consult $40

Consult on a Saturday ( he doensn't open weekends) plus antibiotics for a Pug with a foot infection $48

I love my vet more and more every day, it's a 20 minute drive to see him, but it's worth it. The Greyhound people use him, so that's good enough for me. Mind you, cheap is not always the best, but in this case it's cheap and I trust him :p

I called 4 vets in total around my area. The cheapest one is $80, then $83.30, $85 and $91 :confused: . I asked them about the differences in price as I see some of you pay as low as $55. They said it depends on the area . I supposed it's Bondi price here :p . Maybe I'll have to move :p

Panda - I only pay $20 for mine :-). She is a normal animal vet, but does do a lot of greyhounds. Racing dog people won't pay the sort of prices that pet people pay for items, so might be worth looking for a greyhound vet :-).

Thanks Gapvic. Umm, I don't know where I can find a greyhound vet in the Eastern Suburb, Sydney. I'm happy to pay $65 if it's near by. But $80-$91 is outrages. Would your vet know of a vet in Sydney Eastern suburb?

I pay around $80 for each of mine - 5 dogs, ranging from 2 to 13 kilos.

Sydney is bound to be the most expensive!

There is a great vet at Double Bay (not sure if there is more than one) but they do fantastic work apparently. Let me know if you need the name etc but maybe there's only 1.

I think they do greyhounds at the Sydney Uni vets. Not too far for you. Again, let me know if you need more info.

Edited by dogmad

Hi Dogmad,

There is a great vet at Double Bay (not sure if there is more than one) but they do fantastic work apparently. Let me know if you need the name etc but maybe there's only 1.

Ok, so $80 upwards is the price in Sydney for C5..I have no choice then. I don't have a greyhound but someone said that you can get a C5 much cheaper if you go to a greyhound vet. So which vet in Double Bay do you go to? I used to take my dog to WOOLLAHRA VETERINARY HOSPITAL, Bondi Junction. Unfortunately, he's retired. Since then I took my dog to two other vets but still don't feel comfortable with them. I'd apprecitate it if you could give me more infomation about your vet. Oh, and what's the parking like in Double Bay? Thanks...

Edited by panda

I use the greyhound vet- Just under $30 (with the greyhound discount) for my grey, I'm pretty sure they don't charge more than $35 for all other breeds. I don't know exactly- cost me $34 all up for a C5, frontline treatment, big tin of advance food and 2 worming tabs.

I wish I had have known when I got my whippie done, hers was $65 for the vacc alone at the chain store type vet

Edited by Lozzie

$91 for C5 here - includes a consult in price, and dog gets going over from head to toe - a lot of dogs, vacc is the only time which dogs comes in each year.

But then we also have the fact that if I dog is routinely coming in for the same problem (ie cartrophen, allergy injections, drug trials) they are only charged for medication - no consult fee is charged. So instaid of paying $50/cart inj like some of the other vets around here, they are only charged $10 or so, depending on weight.

-WithEverythingIAm

Hi Dolers,

I was just wonering what the going rates for c5 vaccinations are at different vets for dogs around 15kg, 25kg, and 45kg. Do the prices vary much from vet to vet? Do they have regulations on how much they charge?

I pay C4 $20 and C5 $27 I get breeders rates, if you have two or more dogs vacc or in for a proceedure then if you ask the vets usually give a discount!! I always ask for a discount wherever or whatever I buy, you would be surprised how many people say OK then!!