Your Local Vet

Panda (and others looking for a greyhound vet) - best thing to do would be to call whatever greyhound track is in your area. If you are not sure, maybe jump on the NSW GRA website (not sure the address, but should be easy enough to find) and they should have track locations there.

Greyhound vets are generally great to go to also for any sporting injuries :-).

Hope that helps!

Remy is off for his second c5 vac today and its costing me $75.00.. this is the 12 week vaccs and he wont need another till next year

other local vet was 72.00 and that was for 12 week vaccs and he would of had to have another at 16 weeks

mornington peninsula vic..

going to check out desex andf microchip prices too

I think I might look for a greyhound vet for vaccinating from now on! I enquired about C5s today because my dogs may have to go into boarding, it was $130 for both dogs then 3-4 weeks later another $68.

Do greyhound vets do cats as well?

$45 here including consult. chk heart, lungs, pad, joints, asks about diet, etc...this vet is on it for the love not the money. Other one in town charges $45 plus $45 consult fee and WILL always flog you something else or find something that needs treating.

Shek- mine does everything- they have a seperate door and waiting room for the greys and the other dogs and fluffy animals, birds etc go in another room. First time I went in there was a cat, a guinea pig and a JRT waiting :thumbsup:

Shek- mine does everything- they have a seperate door and waiting room for the greys and the other dogs and fluffy animals, birds etc go in another room. First time I went in there was a cat, a guinea pig and a JRT waiting :)

Are you able to PM the vet's contat details Lozzie? With a big dog and 2 silly cats I could do with finding a cheaper vet :) My vet is lovely but he's very pricey.

Personally I choose the Vet because of the quality of service they provide and their suitability to the needs of my animals.

As far as vaccination prices go, a consultation fee is built into the price at the majority of Vets, the actual cost of the vaccine is quite low, so you are paying for a thorough examination at time of vaccination.

If you paying high prices for vaccinations and a consult fee on top you are being ripped off.

Vaccines do not go on weight of the animal, one for all, regardless of size or age.

I look at it like this, find a Vet you are happy with, one that gives you great service and that you have confidence in. In the long run it will pay off, and you will have a Vet who actually knows the full history of your animals and how you treat them, your breeding ideals etc.

Quite often people shop around for this and that and then have no real relationship with a vet and complain that are not treated like royalty.

Asked my vet today about prices for Jonty's second C5 next week & the vaccination (including consult & health check etc) is $77.50 & microchipping is $45.

Interestingly there is a vaccination & microchipping day on at the one of the shows at Durack the weekend after next - $25 for microchipping & $38 for C5 vaccinations.

When talking to the cav breeder that I am getting my puppy from, she said that her local vet (lives up the road) does C5 vaccs for $55 and does a discount for litters. In NSW the breeder/seller must have the dog microchipped and had it's 8-week vacc before it is sold. I also noticed that the RSPCA has cheap prices for vaccs, microchipping, desexing etc. (www.rspca.org.au) in case you were wondering, they also have reduced prices for concession card holders...

Yet to talk to my local vets, however I have 2 within about 4 blocks of my house...so will probably see one of those anyway.

Edited by puppybabe

Shek- mine does everything- they have a seperate door and waiting room for the greys and the other dogs and fluffy animals, birds etc go in another room. First time I went in there was a cat, a guinea pig and a JRT waiting :bottom:

Thanks for that, I'll have to try and see if there is one in my area :rofl: