What Do You Pay For Your Obedience Training?

At our club we pay $15 per annum membership and $60 per annum training fees. We train 44 weeks of the year and so thats around $1.70 per week. If you are training more than one dog we add another $40 per annum so works out at $2.60 per week.

Just wondering because some think that we are too dear so would like some comparisons.

ETA: That also includes agility for those who choose to take it up

Edited by Rom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$5.00 per year membership plus $15.00 per term per dog. This club has limited class sizes, the head instructor plus several other instructors are Delta certified and the classes are 1st class.

$20.00 joining fee (first year only)

$10.00 membership fee (per person, per year)

$20.00 training fee (per dog, per year)

$6.50 insurance levy for non-VCA members

so $36.50 per year after the first year. Pretty cheap in my estimation. :thumbsup:

hehe... I always thought ours was really cheap, but compared to some its not (although i do still think it is incredibly cheap :thumbsup: ) $10 membership per year plus $3 per week but isuppose that does include a lucky ticket draw each week which usually constsit of a 5kg bag of dog food + a dog toy and at break time we get a cuppa and biscuits.

Agility is about $7 per lesson(no yearly fee), but that is not done at the same club.

$70 single or $95 family per year 1st year $45 single or $65 family subsequent years and $3 a class

If I train both dogs on the one day I only pay for one

We have family membership, as OH normally trains one while I have the other, so we pay for 4 classes a week

We have 24/7 access to fully fenced grounds which imo is worth it even without doing any classes

Edited by shoemonster

25 a ywear membershi and three dollars per training session i like the sound of helens though pity your on the otherside of the city

WE have obedience agility and used to have flyball

It really varies for example shoeys club owns their ground so have mre upkeep ours doesnt

you pay i think about 30 bux when you first join for a family membership, and we will have six dogs on that soon, and then its two dollars a lesson, but mums dogs go for free cos shes now an instructor!!!!so yeah pretty cheap!!!!

:whisper: Prices drop down for your second years membership- making it even cheaper again!

$70 single or $95 family per year 1st year $45 single or $65 family subsequent years and $3 a class

If I train both dogs on the one day I only pay for one

We have family membership, as OH normally trains one while I have the other, so we pay for 4 classes a week

We have 24/7 access to fully fenced grounds which imo is worth it even without doing any classes

Oooops, I replied to this in the other thread, but I will put it in here as well. Last club was about $10 or $15/year & $2/class when I left. That was 8 years ago :whisper: so its probably gone up now.

Current club (which we have just joined) is $15/year & $3/class.

New membership (single) $65 includes joining fee/VCA insurance component, after that $45 (single) plus $2 per dog per week, 2nd dog $1. Pretty on par I think, maybe shoud rejoin original club would have been up for life membership which gives you free membership if you accept LOL

Old club I think was about $45 a year plus $2 per class training fee.

New club is $25 for 4 weeks per class, or $60 membership per year plus $6.50 insurance if you're not a VCA member.