Tiger And Chili At Geelong

Thats right, no photos :cool:

"Oh yeah, I'm supposed to run over to her when she says "Come!", damn, she wont be happy now!!"

Ohyeah.jpg

"Judge, may I please throttle my dog now?"

Buggert1.jpg

This afternoon - as above except for recall

Tigcall2.jpg

Whats wrong with this picture - yes thats right, she's supposed to SIT in front of me :)

Tigcall1.jpg

"Ah poo - again" :rofl:

Buggert2.jpg

Chili next....

Edited by ImaShepHead

Chili in CCD this afternoon

Perfect heeling, look at how she's attached to my leg and note the nice loose lead

Chiheel2.jpg

Such focus

Chiheel1.jpg

The halt

Chihalt1.jpg

The down

Childrop.jpg

"Aww hello, you look like a nice lady - can I've a pat?"

Chistand.jpg

Such focus (on the ring next door)

Chifocus.jpg

"Psst - when we get home I am going to cut you up into little pieces and feed you to the cats"

Chopup.jpg

Guest Clover

Ohhh dear nawtee girls :). Thats a shame sheppy, i was realy hoping Tiger would do her recall and remember to sit in front first. Better luck with Chili next time. We are still keen to do some training one day if you would be up for it.

Guest Piximatosis

Bahahaha!! Love it!!

That makes me feel SO much better :)

Bloody dogs hey :cool:

hahaha Ish! Love the pics!

Pity bought the naughtyness though!

I'm sure mine will be exactly the same soon

How old are they, and how long have you been training them?

I'm so scared of my first trial, which I think will be soonish with Eddie at least

How old are they, and how long have you been training them?

I'm not telling, that will give you even more of an excuse to laugh at me! :rofl:

Tiger is 5, I've had her since she was 2 1/2 and she started obedience then too. Shes always done well, we've been trialing for at least a year in encouragement and then novice. She's brilliant and we ALWAYS get comments from spectators about how amazing her heel work is - but I'm yet to work out if its my nerves, her nerves or a combination of both at trials that makes us come unstuck. We've got one pass towards our CD. In the first trial, she was really scatty - I think it threw her doing off lead stuff right from the start because she was heeling out wide and late to halt etc where she's usually so switched on when I think about stopping she's already sitting! I really don't know what happened with her recall in the first trial - there was some noise from the ring next door but that doesn't usually throw her. She's very sensitive. Last year when we trialled at Geelong, we'd been having a recall problem (she'd go straight to finish, rather than sit infront) and it got to the point that she'd just not recall, or wait for a 2nd call, because she hated either being told off or not getting praise for getting it wrong. At last years morning trial, she didn't come at all when I called her, in the second trial I tried using "Tiger ..... Come!" but she came on Tiger :) Since then though, she's done all her recalls perfectly - maybe she remembered the place from last year? No idea what possessed her to not sit for her 2nd recall - she came on my call really well, got to about 3 meters away from me and started slinking in like she'd been told off, then just stood there. She finished, and the judge said at least we scored some points but then the silly bugger decided to lay down in her sit stay - something she's NEVER done before even in training. Oh well.

Chili is 2 1/2 and has been training from 8 weeks, with a break from 12 months to 2 years because she was just too hard to train, too distracted and no focus. She's been better since she hit 2 but then we had to work out some fear aggression issues after Tiger attacked her etc so its been slow going. She's just a late maturing dog. We've been working exclusively on the prong collar for about a month and its done wonders for her focus. I entered her in the trial knowing that she wasn't going to do all that well, but wanting the experience and to see where she was up to - its hard to replicate that kind of situation at training, especially at a breed club. I still wasn't sure yesterday morning if she'd be trialled, but after doing some work when we got there, I decided to give it a shot. Well, as you can see above, as soon as she was back on the martingale collar, she didn't give a hoot about what I said. People must've wondered why on earth I entered a dog who had never had an obedience lesson in her life!! On the plus side, she didn't nick off to join the dog doing its retrieve next door, during her off lead recall, although she did run past me and came back. She also stayed for her stays, but she dropped in her sit stay. I was happy with just that, I thought when the mini poodle next to her broke she'd be up like a flash but she just watched. Dunno what my next step is with her, without the prong she's useless!

Thanks for all laughing at me :cool: Glad you found it as funny as I did...well when I got home and looked at the photos I thought it was funny, not so much as it was happening! Thanks to my sister Phoenix for taking the photos and being my helper at the trial.

Hey, how did you manage to dognap Jack and make him look like a GSD? I would swear that was him at training ...

We haven't been back for a while :thumbsup: but that was just the sort of 'focus' he would show in the ring! :thumbsup:

ISH,

When I saw the first lot of photos, I thought, WOW ......looking good.

The next have me laughing hysterically.

I will tell a secret, one of my labs, has never had an unfocused day until............ yesterday. We were nearly racing to the vet, as the dog was no uninterested!!! Today back to normal.

It's a mystery.

Ish not that old really! After todays class I think Molly will take years to get anywhere

Its funny though as she zoomed throgh all the beginners and she learns very quickly but she just doesn't like to heel............at all!

Ah well they are good for our patience :thumbsup: