Groomers - What Scissors Do You Use?

shmoo

Currently I only have Wahl 7" (my first pair) and Jaguar 7".

Both these are a bit blunt and need sharpening!

I know there are much better scissors out there than these ones. And i am now looking for a 6" pair. Can anybody recommend a brand? Regardless of price.. i will be weighing out the costs when I go to purchase!

Sorry to hijack this thread. I'm not a groomer :laugh:

You can always send your scissors away to be sharpened. I haven't had scissors sharpened before but Colin But is said to be very good ;) He's definitely fantastic with service. I've bought curved scissors, clippers and thinning scissors off him. I get emails from him sometimes asking how my grooming is :rofl:

I'm only comfortable with 6" pair (takes me a while to do st. poodles :laugh: ) and use wahls and roseline as well!

The longer scissors we have in the shop are too heavy for my wrist

You could also look at Wolff, Solingen and Kamisori.... $$

Solingen are excellent. My single-sided thinners are Solingen. I love my Doggystylz straights too, they have a nice feel to them. They look quite large, heavy and cumbersome but are balanced really well.

Shmoo,

Not sure where you live, but in Sydney you can either go to Petcetera at 703 Windsor Road, Vineyard or Challenge Dog Supplies at Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale - both have lots of brands and you can get the feel. I ordered my Roseline from Petcetera over the phone and they were delivered the next day! Also they usually have stalls at the shows at Erskine Park. :laugh:

Shmoo,

Not sure where you live, but in Sydney you can either go to Petcetera at 703 Windsor Road, Vineyard or Challenge Dog Supplies at Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale - both have lots of brands and you can get the feel. I ordered my Roseline from Petcetera over the phone and they were delivered the next day! Also they usually have stalls at the shows at Erskine Park. :laugh:

Ditto for Challenge Dog Supplies - their prices are pretty good too. I have wahl scissors from them. My straight ones last ages without sharpening - well they did till some bugger pinched them out of my trailer. I have some curved ones from challenge as well which are fantastic for tidying up. They are for both left and right handed people - depends on where you put the finger rest which just screws on. It works for me as i can use them curved out or in. I guess this is the same for most curved shears.