Page And Jet Updates

Ambervale

I've followed this thread but haven't posted before because I just don't know what to say. When I was 7, one of my close friends died of cancer, she was only 6. I've lost friends and animals I've loved before but to lose a child.. I can't imagine what Page's family are feeling. My deepest sympathies to Page's family. Every time I see the title of this thread I feel sad and want to cry. Poor Page, RIP, your new friends at the bridge will look after you and you can look over your family, they will never forget you and I'm sure Pete/Jet is waiting for the day he can see you again.

Ambervale, Siv, every member on DOL is an angel and I think you are all wonderful people. Imagine what the world would be like, full of DOL members :mad

I have been part of a study group that aim to find answers to ashtma and cancers linked to childhood since I was an embyro and I just wish that somehow this research could save the life of a child.

You did not deserve to die Page. Your family loves you and so does DOL. May you rest in peace and look after all the precious animals with you.

If you see a rabbit called Smokey, tell him I say hi and that I miss him dearly.

Mim

Edited by mimdeledio

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paiges funeral notice

I chose to spell her first name incorrectly to stop unsavoury people from trying to contact her. I was a bit worried about putting her photos and her name on the internet. Misguided perhaps, but the last thing her parents wanted was to have weirdo's contacting them. I know that the members of DOL would not do anything like that.

Also Paigey referred to herself as Seven nearly eight, she wanted to be older so the cancer would go away.

Here is her funeral notice and death notice.

MATTHEWS. _

The FAMILY and FRIENDS

of Miss PAIGE EMILY

MATTHEWS are invited to

attend the Service to celebrate

her life which will be conducted

on WEDNESDAY, March 21,

2007 in its ENTIRETY on the

lawns of Carrick Hill, 46 Carrick

Hill Drive, Springfield at

4.30 p.m.

Access to the carpark

via Carrick Hill Drive.

In lieu of flowers a donation in

memory of Paige to Darwin To

Adelaide..... For The Fun Of It!

would be appreciated.

Deposits can be made at any

National Australia Bank

Branch, Account number

796900961, BSB 085-005.

CHARLES BERRY & SON

Accredited Member Australian

Funeral Directors Association

198-204 Magill Road

Norwood 8332 2088

MATTHEWS, Paige Emily

(Princess Paigey). _

Passed away peacefully after a

long battle with cancer on

March 15, 2007, aged 6 years.

Our Angel now

has her wings...

Loving daughter of Peta,

sister and soulmate of Taylah.

Loving daughter and

step-daughter of

Andrew and Amanda.

Cherished step-sister to

Jack and James.

Forever in our hearts

"People say what we are all

seeking is the meaning of life

I think what we are really

seeking is the experience of

being alive."

Rudyard Kipling

You showed me what it really

means to be alive...

forever inspirational.

With all my love forever

Mummy xxx

You were so brave,

you were so strong,

now youre an Angel

singing songs,

you lived your life to

the fullest everyday.

You held our hand as you

slipped away.

We will miss your cuddles

and kisses everyday.

Forever in our heart that is

where you will always stay.

Goodbye for now

our little princess,

until we snuggle again.

Our love is eternal

fly with the butterflies

dance with the fairies

sing with the Angels

our little Princess Paigey

Loving you forever and always

Daddy and Mandy xxx ooo

I love Paige. She was the most

lovely sister. I have lots of

Memories. I love you Paige.

If there were any way to bring

Paige to life I would do it.

Love from her sister Taylah

and two brothers

Jack and Jimmy xoxox

Just to explain. Peta is Paiges mummy. Andy is her daddy. Andy had remarried and Paigey lived with the two families who did everything possible to make her happy and comfortable.

I've been away so hadn't noticed this until now. Sleep in peace little angel. Goodness, where have those tissues gone. At least she is free and will no longer feel pain. My deepest and most sincerest sympathies go to her family and loved ones. Why is it always the innocent that are taken to early :)

:) Paige

The Dolers friends are all waiting for you, a mighty crowd of furries clamouring to welcome her and comfort her till her family is together once more.

Im so choked and feeling so powerless to do anything to help anyone.

Just tragic for her poor family my heart goes out to them .I will be thinking of them tomorrow so far away but close to my heart.

Edited by Snowysal

Thinking of you Ambervale . :laugh:

Our friends little boy died 18 mths ago and there was only 3 weeks between him and my daughter.He too had been very ill but had actually been at school that day and went from school to hospital and later that arvo passed away.He was also in her class.

My daughter was devastated and just kept saying but he was fine this morning mum it cant be true, it just broke our hearts . :laugh:

You can only be glad that there is no more pain poor little babe.

The butterflies was a nice idea.Hope her family are holding up Ok

Thinking of you Ambervale . :laugh:

Our friends little boy died 18 mths ago and there was only 3 weeks between him and my daughter.He too had been very ill but had actually been at school that day and went from school to hospital and later that arvo passed away.He was also in her class.

My daughter was devastated and just kept saying but he was fine this morning mum it cant be true, it just broke our hearts . :laugh:

You can only be glad that there is no more pain poor little babe.

The butterflies was a nice idea.Hope her family are holding up Ok

That is so sad :)

I hope your daughter is feeling better about the loss of her friend now.

Paiges family are just coping.

• 4 years later...

HI all... sorry to bring this up. i was a cousin of Paige's and i attended her funeral back in 07. There was a girl who sang a song at the funeral. If anyone who attended the funeral knows what the name of this song was could you please let me know. the girl who sang it was quite young i think. only about 13 or 14. I would quite like to know this song.