Australian Made Super Premium

Reddii

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can get Natural Balance , this is a super premium food that is made here in australia, using only Australian ingredients!

Their food is lamb and rice based, and this is good for a lot of dogs with allergy issues with wheat and/or beef....

I understand that they also export this food to quite a few countries overseas !

I always prefer to support australian companies :thumbsup:

www.naturalbalance.net.au we feed our dogs on this and they are doing great !

http://www.naturalbalance.net.au/outlets.php has a list of outlets.

you can get is delivered via priceless pets http://www.pricelesspets.com.au/

who also deliver a lot of medicines quite cheap ! :thumbsup:

At least with foods made here in australia you don't have problems like the recent USA recalls. :thumbsup:

I think that a lot of the USA 'super premium' brands have lost a lot of 'status' in many pet owners view, with their using ingredients from china....

Advance is also made in australia, but they are owned by mars, a usa company....

Edited by larry

I was in the vets the other day and there was a poster saying that Advance was the only Australian made super premium food...but I personally would not call Advance super premium and nor would I feed it.

Edited by molasseslass

hi showdog,

i do care where my dog's food is made, especially if there are quality problems !

i am also concerned if company's are using ingredients from china, especially with china's history of quality problems with food..

Edited by larry

super coat is australian made (and Dr harry recommended :thumbsup: !!) don't think it is classed as a 'super' premium brand though. i think its a good product (meat first ingredient, which many super premiums don't have :thumbsup: ) and have used it for all my dogs. what actually classifies a super premium brand??

hi showdog,

i do where my dog's food is made, especially if there are quality problems !

i am also concerned if company's are using ingredients from china, especially with china's history of quality problems with food..

That's why Eagle Pack is good. It is USA made from USA sourced ingredients...I was told recently all the ingredients are supplied by Amish farms, so the quality control is high. :thumbsup:

We looked at stocking the Australian Natural Balance but could not get definate answers about proportion of meat used, consistency of ingredients and a few others.

The US Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Organic Formula is not the same product involved in the current issues, according to our information. (unless something has changed in the last couple of hours).

:thumbsup:

schaef10, Supercoat may be made in Aussie and recommended by Dr Harry, but have a look at the difference in ingredients between Supercoat and say, Nutro a super premium made in the US (yes am biased as we feed Nutro and have for a number of years).

Have only posted a short ingredients comparison, the full list can be found on either manufacturers websites:

NUTRO:

Lamb Meal, Rice Flour, Rice Bran, Rice Gluten, Ground Rice, Dried Beet Pulp

SUPERCOAT:

Meat and meat by-products (from chicken and beef), wholegrain cereals (wheat and/or sorghum, rice), wheat bran, beet pulp, whole linseeds, iodised salt.

So the first ingredient is meat and meat by-products :thumbsup: , beef, :thumbsup: , many dogs have allergies to wheat :thumbsup:

Another product which has recently been released on the Australian market is:

ZIWIPEAK MADE IN NEW ZEALAND

Venison-Meat (min 50%); Liver, Tripe, Heart and Kidney (min19%); Fish (min 15%); Chicory Syrup; Green-lipped and Blue Mussel (min 4%); Hoki Fish Oil; Leichtin; Kelp; Vitamins and Minerals; Parsley.

Have a look at: http://www.naturalpetfoodsaustralia.com/ For full details on Ziwipeak

Edited by Hesapandabear

Winterpaws, good question :D

Have also been asked the same question about my assoc. with Nutro. 'cause I post a lot about it :)

NO I am not a sales rep, YES admit am totally biased but then we have been feeding Nutro for two years prior to its availability in Aussie. We lived in NZ where it was more readily avail, and a lot more of their products there are not avail. here yet.

Cant remember the original ad, but it was to do with dogs, and the slogan was "When you are on a good thing, stick to it" :D

Can honestly also recommend the Ziwipeak. OK so we are from NZ and never came across it there but our dogs and cat go silly over it :rofl:

Another product which has recently been released on the Australian market is:

ZIWIPEAK MADE IN NEW ZEALAND

Venison-Meat (min 50%); Liver, Tripe, Heart and Kidney (min19%); Fish (min 15%); Chicory Syrup; Green-lipped and Blue Mussel (min 4%); Hoki Fish Oil; Leichtin; Kelp; Vitamins and Minerals; Parsley.

Have a look at: http://www.naturalpetfoodsaustralia.com/ For full details on Ziwipeak

Ooooh looks interesting - but a bit too high in fat for my liking

annieK

Ive been feeding Advance for a while now, and I have a very healthy, shiny coated dog. I don't believe there is anything 'wrong' with it.

Remember Australian made, means that it is put together here - does not necessarily mean that all ingredients have been sourced in Australia. I have no idea what the true story is with Advance, other than it is MADE in Australia.

Whats so wrong with Advance? I'm feeding my dog that who seems to be doing just fine and loves it. Would hate to be feeding her something that wasn't good for her. :rofl:

There is nothing wrong with ANY food if your dog does well on it. If your dog is happy and healthy there is no reason why you shouldnt feed it and that goes for any food. There just seem to be alot of dogs that dont do well on Advance and Supercoat so they generally arent recommended.

I want to give Kiwipeak a go, looks pretty good.