Be Cautious…

Vilsen

A little warning to others wishing to get Nutro we have had a really bad experience and don’t want others to experience the same thing…

We have heard lots of very good stories about nutro both here and on other sites, and when Ozzy started to develop a bit of an allergy we felt that we would like to try Nutro and see if it would help with his skin and allergy…

Also note that this is OUR experience and may or may not be typical for the company. We do however feel that we need to share our experience as we don’t want others to have the same problems…

Anyway we contacted one of the companies that advertise here on DOL that had Nutro and Ziwipeak for sale and seeing since they were based in Qld we thought that it would be the best option for us…

We contacted them in March and got a swift reply saying that they would send a sample… great we thought and actually put in an order for a 15 kilo bag of Nutro!

From then on there was almost no correspondence at all… I think we received a total of two emails from the company, one saying that it was ordered but possibly delayed due to Easter, and another one asking us to refrain from emailing them until a later date!!!

When we sent email without them replying at all and almost a month had passed since the first enquiry (and needless to say Ozzy’s skin wasn’t getting any better, we were still feeding the same food as we thought the Nutro would arrive quickly and it seemed silly to get something new when we had ordered Nutro) we decided to cancel the order! I sent an email saying this and asking them to confirm that they had received the cancellation… naturally they haven’t replied, nor have they replied to the following two emails I have sent them over the past week or two!!

I just want to give people a heads up about this mob and warn people to be cautious!! Especially when dealing with what can only be described as unprofessional companies like the one we were unfortunate enough to go with…

so to sum up... if you wish to buy products online make sure you do your research and dont just do what we did and think just cause they advertise on DOL they will be a good and honest company...

I wont give the name to the company here in public if anyone wants to be sure they don’t get in the same trouble as we have just PM me…

Vilsen

So sorry to hear that you've had such a bad first experience Vilsen, I have PMed you.

Also might be worth checking the mailing address you've given the company too ?

Edited by Hazz

If they are the ones that I got a sample from it took 2 emails a few months apart to get the sample and even then there were no feeding instructions or prices.

So I will find another supplier now.

Sorry to hear you have been having problems getting your Nutro.

Have you tried PMing Hesapandabear? Hesa has quite a bit to do with both Nutro and is now stocking Ziwipeak :laugh: Perhaps she can help?

Nutro is a small brand (but yes, very good!) and is not stocked by many places so perhaps give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being :) There may be import problems or just plain stockist issues.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Personally I'd leave most USA produced food well alone until the recalls have stopped.

I must admit I received a very prompt email response from Nutro New Zealand answering all my questions about the recalled Nutro wet products and what was going to happen to the stock piled contaminated food here in NZ.

Edited by Ashka

Perhaps the posties dogs likes them?, or their is a supply problem could be any manner of reasons, I dont know many companies that send out free samples, I have dealt with the supplier and have nothing but good things to say about them,very prompt in delivery...

I'm still waiting for my samples too. :eek:

Given that we are now between houses - it's pointless if the samples get sent. We wanted them before we left the ACT...and had planned to buy some Nutro if it suited the dogs, also before we left Canberra. :rofl:

Never mind, we are happy with what they're on while in transit. That's Nutrience, Royal Canin and Pro Plan Sensitive. :thumbsup:

Nutro? Nope I wouldn't bother now.

Sorry to hear that.

I requested a sample from them a while ago and I am still waiting :rofl:

I had no problems getting my sample. :thumbsup: It came in less than 2 weeks after I requested it. I did make an online enquiry about the product but don't know if that made the difference.

Was so anxious to get suggestions, I didn't notice this post. I just posted a message relating to Nutro, asking for an alternative brand as I'm also experiencing problems with getting hold of my usual supplier. I tried emailing her many times and even PM'd her here on DOL with no response whatsoever, leaving me feeling totally helpless at this stage. I'm already down to my second last bag and after reading this message, I think I can pretty much forget about Nutro and go with something like Nutrience since it was also recommended previously. Vilsen, thank you so much for sharing your experience, it's certainly frustrating as ultimately our dogs are the ones that have to suffer from a sudden change of diet for no good reason, or in your case, not being able to benefit from all the good that's been said about Nutro. :thumbsup:

I have not had any problems getting any samples or Nutro or Ziwipeak food from the supplier on here who advertises on DOL! I personally have bought Large Bags of Performance, Light Adult dog foods, and have a bag of Kitten bikkies waiting for me to get off my lazy @$$ and go pick up! :thumbsup::eek: :D My sister has also used the same company to get some Large Breed Puppy biks, and she's up in Townsville!

Vilsen have you already paid for your bag of food? I did not know that they had online buying? News to me. I've also found the company very professional, so I'm sorry to say but find it hard to believe that they would tell you to stop all e-mail communication? :rofl:

-WithEverythingIAm

I too have never had an issue getting my Nutro from the supplier on DOL.

I got my samples within 1-2weeks and my order soon after.

I know things go missing in the post, so maybe that is the reason becasue i have NEVER had any issues with contacting the supplier or getting my food through to my home in Melbourne.

In fact they went out of their way to help me get Hairball formula Cat dry food for my cats as the Melbourne supplier did not have it. it was sent over specially from NZ for me. So i don;t think you can ask more than that.

Maybe the supplier is ill and has not been able to do the normal things she would for the business but i would say more that it is not getting through to the post.

Also if the supplier had sent a number of samples that have not arrived maybe they can't keep sending them.

PM Sagitarrian, she is in Melbourne, maybe she can send some samples.

I believe that NUTRO is an awesome food, my dogs look amazing - i get a lot of comments about their coats shine and how bright they are. Keep trying but maybe look to another supplier of Nutro and then go back. They could also be having suplly issues from the US.

Edited by Kristie

With the positive Nutro feedback from some folks listed here, it sounds like it's an email problem or perhaps Australia Post? :rofl:

Any number of reasons and while I do understand the frustrations, there will be a reason behind it :eek:

Have any of the unhappy peope contacted Hazz or Hesapandabear yet? :thumbsup:

Vilsen have you already paid for your bag of food? I did not know that they had online buying? News to me. I've also found the company very professional, so I'm sorry to say but find it hard to believe that they would tell you to stop all e-mail communication? :thumbsup:

-WithEverythingIAm

No luckely we had not payed anything... it was just on "order"... the problem isn't necesseraly that they were unable to deliver... lets face it things happen! BUT I do expect a company to be upfront with me and actually get back to me and keep me posted!

not replying to emails is not acceptable to me... they have not even acknowledged my cancelation!!

Edited by Vilsen

I've also been ordering nutro from the QLD Doler and have been happy. My problem now is the reverse of everyone elses, the food came but I can't contact her re money. I received two 15kg bags of food and requested the amount I owed so I could transfer the money. I haven't been able to get an answer since. I still owe money and I need to order more food now. I hope nothing is wrong. Will have to find an alternative supplier within the week if I don't hear from her.

Jo

Guest joshie
A little warning to others wishing to get Nutro we have had a really bad experience and don’t want others to experience the same thing…

We have heard lots of very good stories about nutro both here and on other sites, and when Ozzy started to develop a bit of an allergy we felt that we would like to try Nutro and see if it would help with his skin and allergy…

Also note that this is OUR experience and may or may not be typical for the company. We do however feel that we need to share our experience as we don’t want others to have the same problems…

Anyway we contacted one of the companies that advertise here on DOL that had Nutro and Ziwipeak for sale and seeing since they were based in Qld we thought that it would be the best option for us…

We contacted them in March and got a swift reply saying that they would send a sample… great we thought and actually put in an order for a 15 kilo bag of Nutro!

From then on there was almost no correspondence at all… I think we received a total of two emails from the company, one saying that it was ordered but possibly delayed due to Easter, and another one asking us to refrain from emailing them until a later date!!!

When we sent email without them replying at all and almost a month had passed since the first enquiry (and needless to say Ozzy’s skin wasn’t getting any better, we were still feeding the same food as we thought the Nutro would arrive quickly and it seemed silly to get something new when we had ordered Nutro) we decided to cancel the order! I sent an email saying this and asking them to confirm that they had received the cancellation… naturally they haven’t replied, nor have they replied to the following two emails I have sent them over the past week or two!!

I just want to give people a heads up about this mob and warn people to be cautious!! Especially when dealing with what can only be described as unprofessional companies like the one we were unfortunate enough to go with…

so to sum up... if you wish to buy products online make sure you do your research and dont just do what we did and think just cause they advertise on DOL they will be a good and honest company...

I wont give the name to the company here in public if anyone wants to be sure they don’t get in the same trouble as we have just PM me…

Vilsen