Thank You But It's Not To Be :(

Pjrt

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My conscience got the better of me and I have decided that I am not in a fit state of mind or employment to be a pet parent at this time or anytime in the forseeable future. Thank you to everyone for their support and help. Time for me to move on too.

Is anyone in contact with Skyefool? I've just read through this thread and hope all is well. Skyefool, please take care of yourself, I think you are wonderful for putting your dogs' needs before your own. Time will soon come that the sun will shine for you again :)

My conscience got the better of me and I have decided that I am not in a fit state of mind or employment to be a pet parent at this time or anytime in the forseeable future. Thank you to everyone for their support and help. Time for me to move on too.

Then it's best for the dog and you made a decision for her sake.

You're stronger than you think.

Is anyone in contact with Skyefool? I've just read through this thread and hope all is well. Skyefool, please take care of yourself, I think you are wonderful for putting your dogs' needs before your own. Time will soon come that the sun will shine for you again :)

I'm concerned about skyefool too. :( Please come in and let us know you are OK.

Edited by *kirty*

sorry it has just come to my attention that there has been some concern over comment i made. I meant moving on from DOL. Although moving on from this world is always on my mind too. Much shame and embarrassment here. thank you all once again. sorry.

Skyefool, you have nothing the be ashamed or embarrassed about. You have an illness, many of us do, it is not your fault! I expect the thought of us worrying about you puts more pressure on you but the thing is we are not your responsibility. We care about you but we are in charge of how we feel and how it affects us so do not feel that you have negatively impacted on us.

It's completely up to you whether you move on from DOL or not, stay here, leave, take a break, come back, do whatever works for you. The most important thing is PLEASE keep talking to your doctor/psychologist/psychiatrist, and if you need meds, keep up with them.

ETA - as mentioned, DOLers are always here :)

Edited by Simply Grand

skyefool - you know what?

I have no dog of my own at present ... we have dogs here ..and so I have lots of company , however at this point in time I am not getting a dog just for ME ..and I have also been strong in saying no to offers of horses/goat kids and kittens.

No doubt this will change .... :) As this illness is gradually pushed to a less prominent position in my life - I will have more to give to a pet and will be more responsible ..... and I am very much looking forward to that time ;)

So - while you are hurting so ... there are some of us who have some understanding ..and don't wish your embarrassment , etc to kick you out of D O L :)

It's useless saying 'don't feel XYZ' cos you DO ! and it is awful and uncomfortable .... that's OK .

Hang around.... .... so that when you are ready , we can all share again :)

:hug:

I have just read through these posts and I am so sorry you are going through this. I know what it feels like to barely get yourself through the day let alone look after anyone or anything else, I am also battling my own demons.

You have done a great thing puting your dogs needs above your own you shouldn't for a second feel guilty about it.

Stay on here so you have some support if needed and try to give yourself a break about giving up your dogs. Put yourself and your needs first, try to find small things to look forward too and take it day by day.

And remember we're all thinking about you.

Skyefool, thank you so much for coming back to let us know you're okay - was a bit worried :o

I really do admire you for being brave enough to put the welfare of your dogs' lives first, shows you are a strong and loving person. Hope things start looking up for you very soon.