Let There Be Light!

becandcharch

Bec, im a complete novice so I wouldnt know how to critique your pic :)

But I know what you mean by editing too much with all the adjustments! I think cos there are so many things to play with I feel like I have to use them all! hehe...

As for your pic, I did notice that you used the lens adjustment shadowing, im a big fan of that! makes your photo stand out more.

I'll leave the criticisms to the pros! :cry:

there has been a lot of lightroom threads latley, I love love love it!! Sadly I had to pay for mine although got it a smidgen cheaper as I was a student at the time. Seems I have no inner geek. :laugh:

Your editing looks fine, are you shooting in raw? You will have a lot more room to play if you are and the beauty of light room is that the raw files are automatically converted when you open them in light room. The two pics you have posted did you do them with the presets? In the library section there are presets and basic editing like exposure, clarity and vibrance but when you go across to develop, you can just work your way down the sliders to see what each thing does, it is so easy to use and the results are fantastic. I never realized how much you could make already great photos even better. I have a friend also a DOLer who has just got light room and has taken some awesome pics of her frogs, they were fab pics to begin with and she has done a bit of tweeking and they look just fantasitc!! Hope she will post them for everyone to see.

Have fun and look forward to seeing more of your great shots!!

I'm not judging but when you guys say "free" you mean stolen. Just be clear about the truth, whatever route you choose.

bec - I really like both of your conversions :laugh: Well done!!

Edited by kja

Thanks tlc,

You know, I have no idea if I shoot in raw! I will have to do some reading of my manual as I have no idea!

Kja, Thanks for the excouragement!

A guy I work with in our IT department managed to gain free access to ligtroom on the net.

He tried to explain how he did it but it made no sense to me. I was under the impression he hacked into it some how.

• 2 weeks later...
OMFG, I love Lightroom!! I just installed it tonight and although I'm only playing and haven't read any instructions I am already sooooo excited. Thanks bec for starting up the threads on this as that's what got me interested!!!!

Welcome to the cool club :walkdog:

LR is awesome. Make sure you now post some pics up so we can see your handy work! :dummy:

• 1 month later...

Okay I'm probably gonna sound like a complete numpty here...but how do you save photos that you've edited in Lightroom? I mean save it into 'My Pictures'? I tried the export thingo but it didn't work. The only way I can do it is to send it to photoshop and then save it from there. And it looks weird in PS....way oversharpened.

Other than that, I am liking this program a lot! I downloaded Lightroom Beta from the link kja posted :)

ETA: No wait..I can't even save it from PS. Not as a JPEG anyway.

Edited by gila

File > Export > then put in the settings you want and save to wherever you want!

or

File > Export with preset > choose one of the preset options [i use burn full-sized jpg] and navigate to where you want it saved.

Does that make sense? PM me if you need to :)