A Bit Of A Brag

Our first official brag after Cosmo today won both her CCD class and novice agility at the members trial. We have two lovely sashes and trophies and we're very proud parents!! Some photos of the special girl! Congrats to Shoemonster and Molly too on some really good exercises in their CCD class. You have to post that video shoey!!

post-5342-1182684539_thumb.jpg

post-5342-1182684564_thumb.jpg

post-5342-1182684641_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cosmolo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the congrats- the first trial will be when i stop being so scared of failure!! Undecided as to whether we'll pursue the obedience, agility we certainly will but i need to fix my nerves. As was said yesterday- that will happen if i do it more and more. I don't even know why i'm nervous, i never get nervous training anything else or doing harder stuff! :mad

Is is because you are a trainer and that means you are putting more pressure on yourself to do well? Do you think people will point and laugh at the big dog trainer that totally bombed out???? This is said kindly btw and not in a smartarse way. It is hard to convey wheat you mean in writing sometimes!

I am feeling alot of pressure with Brock because I haven't failed any dog test or trial yet! That is over 15 years of dog training. It has sort of built up and I now actually want to fail something to get it over and done with! Brock is tricky so I am sure it will happen soon! :mad

Jules, i think you're right in part and i don't take offence at all. I was thinking yesterday that it is worse at a members trial because many people know us and know that we're trainers. We don't have the ambiguity that i would like. I also personally want to do well, and used to get nervous (to a lesser extent) when i was competing in show jumping with horses too.

I find obedience trials the most difficult (even though i am watching and the OH is handling) because one tiny mistake is all it takes- so even though she can do the exercises she can still 'fail' for one little thing. It didn't help yesterday that i had someone saying i told you so after i had made a mistake in the agility- thats not what you want to hear when you walk out of the ring!!

You guys did so well yesterday!!! :rofl: I was so excited when you won both!

Almost made up for my own embarrassment (anyone want a 2yr old male? free to any home lol)

Though Molly was a good girl for a few of her exercises, and both Molly and Cosmo were extremely good when the horses rode down the road and the other dogs broke their stays!

As for the comments made to you in the agilty ring, was quite obvious that there is different treatment given to different handlers and many varying degrees of encouragement, not nice at all, and I really wonder what they think they will achieve by doing it

Yeah not many passes there, maybe it was the day for naughty dogs in that ring! lol

Jules, one of the instructors descibed it as followes "if dogs could stick their finger up thats what Ed would have been doing" Long story short, he did a run as he has lately decided that is lots of fun, and I grabbed him then tripped over the ropes and let go, to which he thought was awesome and had another jolly good run, OH was sitting videoing it for me :rofl:

Molly in comparison was an angel! I was so proud of her, just got to work on her heeling a bit more, but her exam and recall were fantastic, I went in knowing she was no where near ready, but CCD isnt much different to the class she is in so might as well do it

Oh dear! Was that during his recall again? Threaten him with castration! :rofl:

That is good about Molly thu!

And yes I really do think that we need to see the video! Or at the very least you should send it in to Funniest home videos and you might win lots of stuff!

:rofl: the video is under lock and key to be brought out at a later stage!

I contemplated going in the ring with Molly with a paper bag over my head so people wouldnt recognise me after it!

ETA yeah on his recall

Edited by shoemonster