3. 3. how often?

• one a week
    • onece every two weeks
    • once a month
    • once every two months
    • rarely
    • never
    • else

My dogs nails are worn right down to the pink so no clipping here. Running around on hard surfaces does wonders !!!

Vinnie does get his nails painted sometimes in a nice red polish much my OH's disgust :D

Mine both get done every week to two weeks by myself, as i like to take a small amount off regualary rather than a large amount every so often as im a bit of a chicken when it comes to their nails, i use cat nail clippers as i find they are a better size than the dog ones for them.

I use clippers on Tango's nails when I hear them on the tiles - usually about once a week...he's the only 'non-screamer' I've ever owned out of 2 GSP's and 5 Dobes.......sits there and looks horrified but usually waves a foot in my direction when I ask :D

I couldn't do the poll 'cos all our dogs are done differently :laugh:

SPIKE (Newfoundland) is done with clippers every few weeks, depending how much they have worn down by themselves.

CABER (Border Terrier) is done with a metal file as part of our weekly grooming routine, also he is a small dog so they don't wear down so easily on their own.

IKO (Kelpie X Whippet) is done every so often with the clippers, depnding how they have worn down.

RASCALL (Shih Tzu X), you can't get near his paws without him stressing and biting, so he is done under sedation when he is groomed every few months.

I keep meaning to buy a Dremel but never remember when I'm at Bunnings.

Edited by SpikesPuppy

I use clippers on mine, I put once a month, but really it depends on how much they have worn down. Kaos is still a bit funny about his nails being done, so we do 'dry runs' doing everything but the actual clipping more often to get him used to it.

Guest Clover

Harri is the only one of mine that needs his nails clipped. I do them myself about once a month with clippers. He is the first small dog i have owned who will just stand there and behave :laugh:.

I use dremel, fortnightly, but have recently posted to see if adding clippers would help me keep up with nail growth. Shave a poodle's paws and the nails look SOOO much longer. "Clicking" on the floor is a sure sign too long :laugh: .

I don't walk the 6 month old pup on concrete often for the sake of his growing joints. He's lean and 20kg already.

My sister's dog is a cross, now 8 years old and now needs nails clipped despite walking (more pulling) on concrete (footpath- road) for 45 mninutes 4-5 times/ week.

I cut the paps nails myself with guillotine clippers, maybe once a month.

Blaze gets his done more often than Minka because he's groomed more often for shows.

They don't get much of a chance to wear them down on concrete etc, as they prefer to run about on the grass when they're outside.

I only take off a tiny bit at a time because they hate it so much (trying to get their head between me and their paw and trying to wriggle their paw away).

Dremel... by saying that i mean the $13 version i got from bunnings ages ago :rofl:

I do it myself, only on Atlas, Kaos hates it and her nails wear down anyway!

I voted once a week, but i usually do abit a few times a week, the dremel thingy is next to puter, i will grab him and do a nail every now and then, he doesnt like his feet being touched for a long time, so i find doing one or 2 every second night keeps them ok

he has very long quicks (sp?) and they drive me mad! but i try to keep them as sort as i can without hurting him!

We use the dremel. All the other dogs I've ever had - their nails naturally file down, but Tigger is a totally different story.

Clippers just don't work they are so big and thick, so we use a dremel. Usually just a little bit every few days to keep them down.

We use a dremel and clippers. We have one dog that has to be done fortnightly and the other two every now and again. All of ours see the dremel or clippers and just lay down. They do not like it but obviously know they are not going to get out of it.