Sick Pei

peibe

Jewel came down sick again yesterday

She started vomiting and refused dinner again for 2 nights. Last night she pooed on my sons bed in her sleep, did not even realise she had done, it was just water

This morning when I let her out for toilet she had a massive gush of liquid from her rear end that was bright red and full of blood, there is also blood in her urine and vomit

I have taken her back to the vets and she is on a drip undergoing more tests

After talking to Jacq, I have asked the vet to test for lupus and arsenic poisoning. Have to wait for the results

He tried to take blood from her and she started bleeding badly, her blood is not clotting properly

He has told me to be prepared she might have luekemia, he is doing specific tests today

The only other option we have is to open her up and look inside, but until her blood is clotting properly she will not survive the operation

Please send all positive thoughts her way, my baby is only 5 years old

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brought Jewel home tonight

The strange thing is she is bright and alert

She ate some dry food and is asleep in front of the heater

The only way you can tell she is sick is her eyes, they are very dull

She has now lost 7.4kg and is not looking very good at all, I can see all her ribs and her skin is hanging off her

All the results of her tests are going to take up to a week to get back

She is on meds to make her blood clot in case the tests show nothing and she needs exploratory surgery

I have everything crossed this is something simple

Thanks for all your kind thoughts

Brought Jewel home tonight

The strange thing is she is bright and alert

She ate some dry food and is asleep in front of the heater

The only way you can tell she is sick is her eyes, they are very dull

She has now lost 7.4kg and is not looking very good at all, I can see all her ribs and her skin is hanging off her

All the results of her tests are going to take up to a week to get back

She is on meds to make her blood clot in case the tests show nothing and she needs exploratory surgery

I have everything crossed this is something simple

Thanks for all your kind thoughts

Do you think it's possible that the rats they were chasing (and may have caught/bitten) had maybe eaten one of those types of rat poisons, like Talon, that contains some sort of anti-coagulant (sp). Can't remember if vitamin K is the cause or the cure though.

Just a thought considering the amount of blood and her blood not clotting, together with the presence of rats. Some people may have put out bates if there was in influx of rats after the floods.

Poor girl, I hope she's on the mend.

Peibe sending prayers and positive thoughts from over west. Probiotics would be good to sooth her tummy. Ive found they work best given toward the end of the meal. Would be a good time for yogurt/cottage cheese too. Easy to digest in belly and bowel. Poor girl, she must be breaking your heart to see.

That is possible Benny. Vet is testing for everything

Both my dogs would and do catch and kill vermin, they have never eaten them though, just kill and deliver to me in bed mostly, yucky

I am trying yogurt but it seems to make her vomit more, will try cottage cheese

She was starving hungry this morning and had some more Eagle Pack, Duck and something or other, kept both meals down

Thanks again for your thoughts and suggesstions

Got the results back and Jewel has an auto immune disease Systemic Lupus

I have an appointment at the vet tomorrow afternoon to discuss treatment and options

Her syptoms fit into all 11 categories, her liver and kidneys have been affected

I am trying to find out as much information as I can, but most information is human related

If anyone knows anything can they please post something

So at least I know what is wrong, it is just a matter now of managing and trying to treat this