What Type Of Cheese?

laffi

I use Bega Tasty (I use it for me too! I get the 1kg blocks). Mainly because it does not crumble when I cut it into cubes for treats. I've tried other brands, the dogs don't care, but some of the others do crumble and don't keep their shape.

Not that it was intended as dog treats but my girl seemed to delight in stealing the "Bush Pepper" and the "Wasabi" :laugh: cheese rounds from the table the other night when I had a friend over for drinks.......

Not a crumb left behind, just a sheepish looking dog with probably a very sore tummy!

I use Light and Tasty (just to keep the fat content down a bit). Usually supermarket home brands. Cuts well and doesn't crumble - and the dogs seem to like it. That said, I nearly always have at least one different lot of treats in any one packet - might be devon, nuked hot dogs, or chicken loaf.

(I hope none of them is a French connoisseur LOL)

:) My OH is 1/2 French so every 3 months we get a new shipment of cheeses. The dogs love cheese week... one of my girls has definitely developed a taste for blue over a traditional brie.

The others will take it as it comes... except my youngest cav girl... she'll eat anything but the blue.

But for the remainder of the year they "tolerate" home brand blocks (or if I can't be bothered) the packets that are already cut up into cubes.

They are a good size for the show ring - you only need to take in one cube and they will nibble off it the whole time :D

Edited by Ane