Mindless Brag Page....

Well our big brag for today!!! Jock and I gained a pass in novice Jumping!!! we came 11th with a time of 26.06 on a course of 32 sec! he took off at one satge and he was standing outside the ring as I was going "Chute, Chute, chute" and you could see the wheels ticking in his head for the 5 sec he wasted! going hmmmmmm do I listen to mum or do I do my own thing!!!

WE PASSED!!!!!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May I present Ahanu Regal Dream HT

It was v funny - she was a little feral and somehow managed to run the sheep from end to end (thus completing the criteria) in her mad game of chasey, all the while with me trying to get a nice circle - when the judge said "ok - stop her!" I thought he was pulling us out :love:

:) deserved or not - it is our first title :rofl:

Edited by bridgie_cat

Hi Everyone

My little brag for today was fantastic trial run through at the F.O.O night tonight (KCC Park). Probably was the best he has worked in a trial situation, and we are a week out from Oscars debut trial.

I was very proud of him, and I just hope we didn't waste it on a mock trial!

I just hope the weather is cool on the day as that was a major factor in tonights performance.

It was good to catch up with Arya and Glorybea too.

Hi Everyone

My little brag for today was fantastic trial run through at the F.O.O night tonight (KCC Park). Probably was the best he has worked in a trial situation, and we are a week out from Oscars debut trial.

I was very proud of him, and I just hope we didn't waste it on a mock trial!

I just hope the weather is cool on the day as that was a major factor in tonights performance.

It was good to catch up with Arya and Glorybea too.

Yeah, great to see you too Dogdude!!!!!!!! :rofl: Good on you Oscar! I bet he'll do fantastic on the day.

My girl was a bit distracted in first part of the heeling but my minor brag would be a SUPER dumbell, out like a rocket almost length of the ring and back again and this with a neoprene boot on thanks to naughty mum accidentally catching her paw in the wagon boot door :thumbsup: (can't beat dumbell... hose... dumbell... hose ad infinitum in training LOL). FOO is always such a great night. Great place to catch up with lots of trialling friends.

GO DOGDUDE AND OSCAR FOR CUP DAY TRIAL!!!!

My dog has been away with the fairies - she has been in season and since coming out of season I would be trialling with her, do a right about turn and she would just keep going and then stand there looking at the trees or the birds or the fairies (LOL) ARGH.

Well Saturday's novice trial was the first time in a few weeks that I haven't been heeling and said to her Earth to Beans..... she actually put in probably an 85% effort - which was about an 80% improvement on the last few weeks. Then on Sunday she blew me away - worked magnificently - missed one position in heeling - and lost only 5 in total for her ring work. :thumbsup::rofl::rofl:

and then guess what - she dropped during the sit stays ARGH :love:

Back to the drawing board.......

My dog has been away with the fairies - she has been in season and since coming out of season I would be trialling with her, do a right about turn and she would just keep going and then stand there looking at the trees or the birds or the fairies (LOL) ARGH.

Well Saturday's novice trial was the first time in a few weeks that I haven't been heeling and said to her Earth to Beans..... she actually put in probably an 85% effort - which was about an 80% improvement on the last few weeks. Then on Sunday she blew me away - worked magnificently - missed one position in heeling - and lost only 5 in total for her ring work. :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :rofl:

and then guess what - she dropped during the sit stays ARGH :rofl:

Back to the drawing board.......

Congrats to you and Beans on the ringwork Ptolomy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Wow, only losing five in total she must have been wonderful :rofl: Commiserations about the stays. They are the killer, aren't they. I always have the urge to hold my breath until they are over. YUK!!!!! Better luck next time.

Guest Piximatosis

My small brag... very small brag... is that Holly has finally understood the concept of HOLDING A DUMBBELL!!

Woohoo!

It's taken quite a while to even get this far... I had to really up the ante with treats ;) Today we were training with waffles and during the week it was raw bacon - not surprisingly we've made the most progress this week ;)

She will now hold it firmly in her mouth without mouthing it constantly (which is what she was doing at first) until I take the sides and ask her to give - she will remain holding it even if I reach out a few times and firmly take hold of the dumbbell "wings" without asking her to "give" then take my hands away!

Yay!! :rofl:

I've never taught this or anything like this before so I'm stoked that she's got even this far. We are now working on her walking while holding it. She's a little confused by that but she'll get there :rofl:

Hollywithdumbbell.jpg

Hollywithdumbbell2.jpg

Guest Piximatosis

Well, I'm praising her socks off while she holds it, but she very clearly thinks I'm mentally deficient for asking her to do this crazy thing. She only obliges because she finds it easier to humour me than not, and also, she gets bacon and waffles ;)

terrible trialling weather this w/e! Today was cancelled - yesterday, it literally did not stop raining ALL DAY! I was SOAKED!!! and it was SOOO windy - the little dogs refused the contacts for fear of being blown off the top!

3/4 runs she decided she didnt like tunnels anymore (still went through - but got 3 refusals in three runs!!!) ?? ;) that was odd (possibly the wind?? not sure what happened there) BUT we got a pass in the last run of the day to get our novice agility title!!! :rofl: ;)

Bridget

I'm gathering you were at Warrnambool Bridgie Cat??? :rofl: Lovely weekend for a trial wasn't it? Well done on your title!!! ;)

I had two runs yesterday morning but decided to give the arvo a miss... had a nice run in open jumping but she was going far too quick out of the tunnel and she missed the weave entry because I forgot to tell her to "steady" ;) Was pretty happy with it though!

Was glad it was called off, shame for the club and those who have travelled any distance though :rofl:

yup ;) I woulda liked a run in jumping today - it wasnt raining as much - but the wind was worse?? but wasnt keen to hang around if the morning was cancelled to see if the arvo was on!

The drive back was fun though! Just before Heywood (?? think this is where we went - dont know!) a river had overflowed and was running over the road - a good foot of water we had to drive through!!! FUN!!! Lots of mini lakes etc on the road - and some trees but had been cleaned up before we got there! ;)