Doggrooma - In Here!

Hi LDL,

Yep we're really thrilled with the way he has come along.

Sorry - I can't remember the postage - it was a while ago - but I'm sure Lynda or Archie will be able to tell you. I bought 2.5 litres of the EPO shampoo for the massive shampooing operations around here ;) :) And a bottle (2 litre I think) of the EPO food supplement. I thought about the 5 litre bottle but the 2.5 is lasting me ages and I thought the 5 litre might be really awkward to handle without decanting into a smaller bottle (can't be bothered) - particularly with the wiggle bum foster!

Hope that helps

Cheers,

Westiemum :o

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bought a small bottle of the EPO shampoo also for my shar pei girl. She has been itching madly since she has weaned her puppies so hoping to help her. I actually bought a small 3% and 1% for the other dogs, though they do not itch. I bought from Classic Show Supplies and had it the next day. She certainly looks less red after one wash. Will update how she goes with it. While washing her I rubbed a bit on my elbows (I have psoriasis) and I am sure it is less red today!

Edited by badboyz

Winterpaws

I have just been on the phone to Lynda and she is running around like a headless chook.

Give her a ring and just remind her. I am sure she will ring you back.

They have lots of stuff happening atm and i didnt get to talk to her much either.

My shampoo's have arrived with the food supplement and the conditioner is on back order. I ordered a 500ml vet grade EPO plus 2.5ltr regular grade shampoo, 500ml of the food additive. Post and packing to Perth was $12.00. Once I placed the order Lynda phoned me and was very helpful.

I used the vet grade on Zedley yesterday and am waiting to see how things turn out :thumbsup:

Hi WP,

In starting this thread I think I completely unknowingly created a bit of an unexpected rush for Lynda and her partner. Although there are only a relative few of us discussing these products in this thread I see there have been almost 1800 views to date and I suspect there are probably people ordering who are not public - and every now and then someone who hasn't been part of the discussion pops up and says they have bought something. If my experience is anything to go by then Lynda certainly gives a very personalised service - something that I haven't experienced before online -and I suspect that takes lots of time. So my suggestion is to persevere - I think you'll find the shampoo and supplements etc really worth the wait - they've certainly helped my guys - a lot!

Cheers,

Westiemum :scold:

I am having trouble getting on contact with them - they did say they would call and I followed up with another email but no success

Hi guys,

I showered her today... using vet grade.... blow dry for 2 hours +

she seemed to really enjoy it (usually she just walks away) but this time she kinda just stood there, sat down...

but tonight... (i bathed her at 11, now its 9pm) she's back to her licking of the feet, scratching of the face....

I have found Panalog ointment from the vet a godsend with the itchy face thing. Little Chelsea the chi had a dry itchy nose which she would proceed to scratch raw (when unsupervised)...Malaseb helps a bit but you can't really put it on their face very effectively (and is probably poisonous).

Have also had some luck with Megaderm, balanced oil supplement (taken internally) - seems to be helping her coat/back sores. Feet have become increasingly itchy and red though.

She has malassezia which a lot of westies also get. Balgownie vet have a really good site on this, with lots of photos of affected dogs, if you search on malassezia (a kind of dermatitis, easily diagnosed by a vet test) - chronic unfortunately. For westies and general info on malassezia see: http://www.westiemed.org/health/malassezia/

Never use calamine - definitely poisonous if licked! Mum told me years ago people used to use it to suicide.

Hope this helps. An itchy site would be v helpful. I'll try to get hold of this shampoo and talk to the elusive Linda! Try anything once. :D

Edited by Ginger's mum

I got my shampoo and ear cleaner 2 weeks ago

I have used the EPO shampoo twice on Zephyr who is suffering summer, spring allergies and once on Jewel who has normal skin

Zephyrs skin is red free and the itching has stopped

The ear cleaner is great too

I brought the 5 litre and the ear cleaner 500ml and it cost me $9.00 postage to the Central Coast

Hey WP, do you want some to see how it works for Henry?

<In starting this thread I think I completely unknowingly created a bit of an unexpected rush for Lynda and her partner. >

Hehehe yes I was part of the rush too! Bree is a constant chewer and scratcher so thought I'd try her on it. She's had 3 baths now and the scratching has lessened considerably and I've only see her chew a few times. They rang my mobile to get my visa number and let me know they were posting it that day.

Lynlovesdogs

Please give it a chance to work. Sometimes it takes a couple of baths for some dogs to really start seeing results.

Remember a lot of itchy dogs have behaviours re chewing and licking that also have to be unlearnt.

Did you follow the directions ie double washing and leaving on for 5 minutes to soak in. I find it useful during that 5 mins to give a good massage all over. Working it in everywhere i can. Dogs love to be massaged as i am sure you are aware.

And LLD Congratulations on getting her to stand and sit under the dryer for 2 + hours.

Keep working at it.

And congratulations everyone who is starting to see results. Its wonderful when our mates start to clear up and get back to the happy puppies we love.

I bought the 500ml EPO Shampoo and spray conditioner and supplement. The difference in my pups is amazing. Am thinking I should buy the bigger containers though, but will wait a bit if there is a big rush on, havent run out yet. Am guessing I now need to change to the Royal Jelly Shampoo since the itch is gone or can you continue to use EPO after it has all cleared up?

Hi Catsmother

Yes you can continue to use the EPO as your regular shampoo.

Royal Jelly is for coat growth.

You may find that you may need to keep your pups on the EPO all the time. Control of the itchies is probably far more important than having masses of coat.

You can always purchase a 500 ml of Royal Jelly and see how you go and if need be go back to the EPO.

Cheers

Thats what I was thinking. ALso thinking I can use the RJ on my persians :offtopic:

Hi Catsmother

Yes you can continue to use the EPO as your regular shampoo.

Royal Jelly is for coat growth.

You may find that you may need to keep your pups on the EPO all the time. Control of the itchies is probably far more important than having masses of coat.

You can always purchase a 500 ml of Royal Jelly and see how you go and if need be go back to the EPO.

Cheers

Input anyone - I washed Zedley with the vet grade EPO and then 4 days later I washed him with the normal grade EPO (followed Lynda's instructions to the letter). I am noticing that Zedley has a slight greasy feel to his wire coat. I did rinse him really well. I am wondering if the shampoo leaves this residue or if this is still part of his skin problem. Before starting the EPO (having tried just about everything else) Zedley would get itchy and his coat would get a greasy feel with a yeasty smell - not really nice to touch.