Unwell Rotties

oonga

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope that the incredible Miss Sophie and her owner are keeping well.

The fat black stafford who needs an attitude alignment is doing remarkably well again - even with his limpy old leg that the vet thinks we might wait to operate now because it has impoved heaps.

Thanks for asking after Sophie.

Sophie had a case of the silly's and reverted to puppyhood yesterday. I was getting ready to take her to the off leash park and walked into the family room to be confronted with torn up toilet paper everywhere. She was the culprit, I caught her in the act of tearing up a full roll and scattering it around. She pinched a new roll from the box I keep in the second bathroom.

Her silly's continued all day. At the park she was running around at full speed and every so often threw herself on the ground for a good roll, not only in the grass but also in the dirt, then took off at full pelt and did the same thing over and over. Luckily we had the park to ourselves because she looked like a dog possessed. It was cold and windy so she was wearing a coat that now needs a wash.

I loved watching her yesterday, we had a day of fun and she had me laughing with her various antics all day. She would come up to me under the guise of a loving nuzzle and pinch things out of the pocket of my jeans.

She counter surfed for the first time ever and pinched a piece of chicken fat off the bench when I was trimming a carcass. I was standing right there, I couldn't believe it. She's never done that before. She's getting away with things now and taking advantage of it. I'm ok with her doing whatever she likes as long as it's not dangerous for her and she's having fun.

I'd say she's feeling very well to feel like doing all that. It's so good to see her full of mischief and fun. She had that look of mischief on her face all day. It's raining today so she's staying in. I'm going out to get her some more organic vegies and yoghurt so she can spend the afternoon in rest and recuperation.

Apart from that tumour in her mouth which is growing so quickly, to see Sophie she looks fit and healthy. I'll speak again with the oncologist about debulking the tumour. I think I know why she's not keen and wants to leave it be. Evidently if the blood supply is disturbed the cancer will seed to other parts of her body very quickly. I'll find out at our next consult. I trust the onco and know her decisions are in Sophie's best interest.

:D :rofl:

I loved that update cavNrott :clap:

Goofball Sophie :cheer:

bench surfing for the first time :rofl: what a girl!!!

I needed a laugh today with some boring training at work,

so I thank you and Sophie for providing it :)

by the way when is her next appointment with the oncologist??

Staffyluv,

great to hear that the fat black stafford :eek: is having fun too and that his leg is improving without the need for the operation :D

Thank you so much for that update. Like Oonga, it made me smile and feel very happy for you and Sophie. She sounds like she is pushing the limits and enjoying every minute of it.

Here is a couple of pics of an Ash son, doing exactly what you described Sophie as doing. Wonder where she gets that from?

post-2520-1209620050_thumb.jpg

post-2520-1209620082_thumb.jpg

Yep, those pics of Ash's son show the general gist of it Kiash but Sophie made a lot more mess and spread it further around. I should've known she was up to something because she's usually wherever I am and she wasn't around when I was getting ready.

At least Ash's son didn't have a big grin on his face like Sophie had when I caught her at it. I asked her what she thought she was doing and she didn't even have the good grace to look guilty. She looked very pleased with herself. Aha! so it's a family trait is it?

Same when she stole the chicken fat off the counter. I asked her 'what did you just do? She gave me a cheeky look. She knows very well that counter surfing is not on, she was so happy she got one over me. I think yesterday was the best day she's had in a while.

The park thing was hilarious, I'm glad no one else was there to see her in action. She was acting like a crazy dog but she had a great time. I usually limit her exercise to about 20 minutes and she lets me know when she's had enough but yesterday she ran around and rolled for over half an hour. It's no wonder she's tired today. Though she's nudged me with the ball for a game of fetch a couple of times. She's such a funny girl with a quirky sense of humour and a sweet, gentle nature.

Oonga we see the oncologist on the 12th May. Hopefully Sophie will still be doing well.

Jodie that's excellent news about Ollie's leg :cheer: You must be so relieved that there's no surgery planned.

And don't they know how to take advantage of us :cheer:

They know they can get away with a lot of stuff that they would not have gotten away with if they were not so ill (yes they really are ill)...

Glad to read such a positive update on the little lady.

Jodie

PS I am so glad that we have decided to just leave his leg for now and provided I can stop him acting like a loon at the park, we should be OK.

Please keep my Nova girl in your thoughts tomorrow guys, as she is having surgery to remove what the Vet is certain is breast cancer.

He has assured me that we have caught it early and that the chances of it having spread at this stage are very slim, but I can't help but worry. I've had an awful paranioa for years about my dogs getting Cancer and I find myself at once both sure she is going to be fine and afraid that it will turn out to be much worse than expected and I will have to say goodbye.

I know she won't live forever but she is just so so special to me and I couldn't bear to lose her :laugh:

Thoughts and prayers for Nova tomorrow, hoping for good results for the girl...

Keep us posted on how things go..

cavNrott.. How is Sophie doing?

sorry cant spell...

Edited by bluepoppy

Haven,

sorry to read about Nova not being well and needing surgery!

you will both be in my thoughts tomorrow and hopefully the vet is right and you got it in time.

Give her a hug from me!

Haven, I hope all goes well for Nova, you are both in my thoughts

CNR, loved reading about Sophie mad dog moments, so pleased you two are having a good time together. I always look out for a rolling Rottie when we are out for walks but I think you go early not in the evening.

Edited by Mr R & NR