Unwell Rotties

oonga

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Sophie's still doing well with no more 'break through' days but it's good to know I now have the means to deal with it. The script is for 5 tablets with repeats. I won't need repeats, if Sophie had more than a couple of days of 'break through' I will heed her message.

I don't think the onco agrees with me using the natural meds but she's come to realise there's no point in talking down to me. I'll do what I think is best for Sophie providing the naturals are ok with the prescribed meds. It was more of a stalemate situation where I agreed to continue with the prescribed drugs as well as using the naturals. I won't bother the onco with what I'm doing unless there is obvious improvement.

Sophie's been on the naturals for 10 days. The tumour has stopped bleeding so anaemia is not an issue now. Soph had been bleeding for 4-5 weeks fairly constantly. The onco said there was nothing to stop the bleeding. The tumour hasn't decreased in size but it's early days.

We're doing ok, it's almost 1 year since the first sign of her osteo without a chance of remission. Sophie is an amazing dog, she's fighting with courage and tenacity.

Not that I don't think Sophie is amazing, but I do think it has a lot to do with who is at the other end of the leash!

That is one statement I whole heartedly agree with. Another would have put Sophie in the too hard basket. Keep up the fantastic work Anne.

Not that I don't think Sophie is amazing, but I do think it has a lot to do with who is at the other end of the leash!
That is one statement I whole heartedly agree with. Another would have put Sophie in the too hard basket. Keep up the fantastic work Anne.

Thank you for your kind comments. If Sophie put up a fight against taking dozens of tablets every day and was difficult to treat we wouldn't have been able to come this far. She wants to stay a while longer and calmly puts up with a few indignities. She shows acceptance of all the changes in her life -and there have been so many.

There's one capsule where I have to empty the powder onto her gum once a day. That stuff is so bitter, it's truly foul (I tasted it). I can see she hates it but she trusts me and accepts me opening her mouth to tip the foul stuff on the tumour. She really does make it easy for me to treat her.