Unwell Rotties

oonga

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So sorry to hear about the cancer spreading.

You are doing all that you can possibly do for Sophie. You can't stop the nature of a dieases and it is a absolute testament to the love you and Sophie have that she has made it this far.

It is such a tough time for you and I really feel for you and your beautiful girl. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks Kaz for that beautiful post and to everyone who is wishing us well.

Things are progressing far too quickly. The node that was, as the vet described "the size of a Jaffa" yesterday has now more than tripled in size within 24 hours. It's the size of a small mandarin now.

I phoned the vet and he assured me Sophie won't choke overnight if it continues to grow at this alarming rate as it's not close to the trachea. He wants to wait until Friday to see if it's an inflammatory response, in which case it should shrink within 48 hours. We see him at midday on Friday

Sophie doesn't seem bothered by it and is her usual playful self. I'm very bothered by it.

I'm afraid we are nearing the end of our journey together.

Thanks Kaz for that beautiful post and to everyone who is wishing us well.

Things are progressing far too quickly. The node that was, as the vet described "the size of a Jaffa" yesterday has now more than tripled in size within 24 hours. It's the size of a small mandarin now.

I phoned the vet and he assured me Sophie won't choke overnight if it continues to grow at this alarming rate as it's not close to the trachea. He wants to wait until Friday to see if it's an inflammatory response, in which case it should shrink within 48 hours. We see him at midday on Friday

Sophie doesn't seem bothered by it and is her usual playful self. I'm very bothered by it.

I'm afraid we are nearing the end of our journey together.

:(:(:( Oh Anne. I am so sorry. :) :p

Please give Sophie a huge hug from me and mine.

Sophie has astounded us till now, i have no doubt she will fight a little longer.

Fingers crossed for good news on friday.

Kristie and the fur kids.

Everytime this thread comes up my heart skips a beat.

CavNrott, I have been watching your beautiful and wonderful journey with Sophie.

What a stunning relationship you have with each other. Something you will carry with you for life.

My heart is breaking for you as I know just how painful it is when you see the end nearing.

Savour the way she cuddles up to you, the way she smells, the way she plays in the park and the way she looks into your eyes with total unconditional love.

You have done so very much to ensure Sophie's quality of life is the best it can be, she couldn't ask for more.

Wishing you all the best.

Oh Anne, it is devastating when they say the cancer is systemic but it is not the end. I know that Ollies cancer is very different to Sophies and not as aggressive but I am confident that with you doing everything that are doing, she will be with you as long as she can.

My heart just breaks for you and Sophie because I know that feeling of looking into her eyes and knowing - I do it with Ollie too. I know how your heart sinks and feels like a rock in your chest and then the tears well up - it hurts and nothing anyone can say will change that.

I take one day at a time and am thankful for each and every day we get together (as I am sure you are with Sophie too).

I wish you both many more days of frollicking in the park together.

Hugs

Jodie

I'm so sorry Anne :confused:

As you would know, as an inflammatory response occurs because her immune system has detected the spread and picked it up in the lymph nodes, but there is nothing the body can do for this cancer. Reality absolutely stinks :confused::o :o

You have done every single thing you could have done that is fair, loving and caring. All you can do now is enjoy the time you do have left :)

Edited by shekhina

I want to let those of you in this thread who have been so supportive know that Sophie will be laid to rest tomorrow unless the vet can perform a miracle.

Her lymph node is growing and that tells me she's heading towards organ shut down within a short time. I can't let Sophie go through that. She's stoic when awake but when she's asleep it's clear something is happening with her body that isn't good and isn't comfortable for her. There is more going on than the enlarged lymph node.

Her appetite is fine and she's her usual self but I promised her at the start that I would not let her linger in pain when her time comes. She's been amazing and cooperative through all of this for a long time. I can't ask any more of her. She's given everything within her and made it easy for me to care for her.

As time passes, Sophie's not getting better. I won't see her get any worse than she is and suffer unnecessary pain. She deserves better from me than that. If I keep her going it will be only for my sake and she will suffer because of it. More things will happen to her body and all of them will make her feel worse.

Sophie is ready to go. I'm not ready but I never will be. Tomorrow will be one of the most painful and saddest days of my life. My heart and soul mate and constant companion needs to leave.

Please send a thought to Sophie at midday tomorrow to wish her a peaceful and painless transition.