2008 Brags Thread

ness

Well done to all of you - a pretty impressive collection of brags and it is barely April.

Got a small one of my own - my dog George, who I have had since November, came third in the Improver class at the Wagin Woolorama three sheep trial in March. He penned too which made it even more of a chest puffer.

George is a dog I have loved and coveted since 2004 and he is such a joy to work - his previous owner should take all the credit for how well he is trained though. He is seven already so plenty more years of fun ahead of us I hope.

Cheers

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiss got first place in Novice Jumping at the Sydney Royal on Monday. I still can't believe it! This qually was the last one needed for her JD title. I was so hoping for a pass but to get first place is just unbelievable. You surely wouldn't put money on a Lagotto coming in first would you?

Now we need just one more pass for AD. Anyone going to Deer Bush?

Noels.

My girl passed her novice sweepstakes last night with 195/200 and first place!!! :) :rolleyes: It rained for most of the trial, not drizzle but full on rain so it was wet and cold and horrid but she worked as beautifully as ever!!

Sexi Lexi had her first agility trial yesterday and went clear in novice agility and snooker.

Had to stop for a poo in novice Jumping though :)

It bucketed down for most of the day yesterday which made it tough for both handlers and dogs.

I can't take the credit for Lexi's passes either as she is run by a friend who has taught her everything she knows. Lexi is a bit special in that she gives Helen 100% attention and I can be standing 2 feet away from her with a pocket full of food. I can then call her into heel and do obedience with her.

It bucketed down for most of the day yesterday which made it tough for both handlers and dogs.

Hehe... it bucketed down on this side of the country too!!! There were a lot of wet dogs and handlers out yesterday!!!

Hey can I brag Ness got full marks and close to full marks (19/20 and 20/20) for her two Directed Jumping exercises at only her second UD trial. She also found all her scent articles which has been a battle as she gets too "high" when the rewards aren't forthcoming and tends to lose her brain. I had to work very hard to settle her and it worked :) .

My boy Shamus gained his second leg in CCD on the weekend with a score of 90 out 100 !! :) he also got 2nd place.

This was a great result coming after a disaster run the trial before where he totally forgot what sit meant !!! Arrggghhhh even in the recall and we ended up with 72 :rofl: poor baby looked so stressed and confused, so we had some quick patching up to do before the next one and he only missed one sit. :D

Turns out the little man is working off the judge !!! Too smart for his own good I think. So back to the drawing board with his training and doing totally different exercises to what the person is calling in my ring runouts ! Next trial is next weekend at Maryborough, fingers crossed out little problem is sorted out by then :cry:

My horrible, rotten, evil dog....

Passed up to the advanced obedience class on Sunday :rolleyes:

We were close to this class before taking a break from obedience for a while so it's going to be the first class full of new stuff in over a year :laugh: I can't wait!

He also sniffed a golden retriever without losing his mind, first time in over 12 months. I'm so proud of the silly mutt.

Kiss got first place in Novice Jumping at the Sydney Royal on Monday. I still can't believe it! This qually was the last one needed for her JD title. I was so hoping for a pass but to get first place is just unbelievable. You surely wouldn't put money on a Lagotto coming in first would you?

Noels.

Hey Noels - big congrats on that result for you and the lovely Kiss.

My little Miss Kirra got the 2 passes she needed for her Gamblers Dog title last weekend, and got a Masters jumping pass, and had a couple of very near misses. I'm pleased with my little demon bitch.

Ness - you must have been pleased with your girl's work in the UD ring - sound very promising.

Tonight I taught Tango to hold up his front paw - and the paw he holds up depends on which hand I put out....I put out my left hand, he puts out his right paw and vice versa... took him about 5 goes to get the hang of it and you could see the lightbulb go on when he worked our what I was doing!!!!!! all taught with praise and no food :laugh:

Noels.

haha, I just googled Lagotto and got a picture of a beautifully groomed white Lagotto with a bow... called Kiss. Cuteness! :laugh:

Congrats to all you superdogs of late!!!

Brag of my own....

Kinta now weaves 12 poles :dummy: :dummy: :dummy:

Oh - and i've also been told (again) to get my butt into gear and enter her into obedience CCD already..... gaaah - stupid nerves keep making me pull out at the last minute :dummy: