2008 Brags Thread

ness

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations molasseslass on your pups passing their TQT

As you said, on to the real trials now.

Have you decided which trial you are going to enter next?

Who do you train with?

Once you get over seeing a bare paddock stretch out in front of yuou on your first ever TQT is very scary, after that it's a breeze :thumbsup:

the waiting is very hard

Sure is, I was trying to count out the 10 minutes or so wait and then work out how fast they should arrive. Straining my ears for any sound of them approaching. :thumbsup:

Have you decided which trial you are going to enter next?

Probably Caboolture's trial at the end of June, see how we go.

Who do you train with?

I'm with All Breeds Tracking Club.

Once you get over seeing a bare paddock stretch out in front of yuou on your first ever TQT is very scary, after that it's a breeze

I hope so!

Forgive my showing off but here we are. :rofl:

Way to go ML - it's a buzz isn't it - and especially if you get two through something on the same day. My two got their TD on the same day last year - I had the same sort of smile on my dial :rofl: .

Once you get over seeing a bare paddock stretch out in front of you on your first ever TQT is very scary, after that it's a breeze
We wish, Gamby!! :thumbsup: It's the waiting for the dreaded voice that gets me. Sometimes, if the dog is struggling, you just wish the judge would put you out of your misery!

Hmmm - better get stuck into some training - we've only had one training run this season - Fergus wasn't too bad, but Kirra was completely feral. Back to the drawing board for her, methinks. (Darn work and short days.

Just a small one, but it seems in my mind that every little thing CK achieves is MASSIVE because Xena is so much easier.

We ran him in the intermediate class for the first time at agility last night, only because there were no other novice dogs. He ran REALLY well, even managed 12 weavers without an error for the first time!! (first time I had tried him on 12 too!)

Only 8 weeks to go until his first trial so just as well it's all coming together.

Guest Clover

Way to go CK :o.

Harri had his 2nd or 3rd Flyball class tonight at a new club, he did great. He was doing 4 jump recalls from the box, and we did some box work and he was turning beautifully. Then we added a ball and to my surprise he was still turning pretty good, a little messy but he is getting so much better :(. And he was so good not getting the ball and taking off wanting to play chasey games, he came strait back to me to play.

Such a good little scruffer.

Way to go CK :o.

Harri had his 2nd or 3rd Flyball class tonight at a new club, he did great. He was doing 4 jump recalls from the box, and we did some box work and he was turning beautifully. Then we added a ball and to my surprise he was still turning pretty good, a little messy but he is getting so much better :). And he was so good not getting the ball and taking off wanting to play chasey games, he came strait back to me to play.

Such a good little scruffer.

:( WOO HOO.....The world needs more flyball dogs!!! Keep up the great work.

We had a great night at f/b last night too. The light on the field was fixed during the week so it was a lot easier to see and I don't know if that's what helped, but we ran clean all night with both dogs instead of CK deciding every ball on the field was his and running to either box as he saw fit! (Lanes are the minimum apart so it is pretty tempting for a green dog.)

Good luck on the weekend everyone.

well my 2008 brags!!

Jock is flying in his agility! in ADAC at his first trial he gained a pass and 4th in Novice Jumping, a 6th and a pass in Novice agility! and in ANKC another pass in his novice jumping one more and it'll be Jock JD!!!!

The dumbbell, seekback and scent gods were looking after us today.

Scoota brought his dumbbell back twice in open, delivered his seekback to hand along with all his scent articles.

He ended up winning UD with 194.

Suzie came first today in Novice at the Hungarian Vizala Obedience trial. Thats her second pass in CD and the fourth trial where she has placed first in the ring.

She gave me some nervous heeling (still working on building her off-lead confidence) and one missed stand, but her recall and change of position were fantastic.

We ended with a final score of 184.

We will be at Berwick in two weeks so fingers crossed for her CD title.

:)

Suzie came first today in Novice at the Hungarian Vizala Obedience trial. Thats her second pass in CD and the fourth trial where she has placed first in the ring.

She gave me some nervous heeling (still working on building her off-lead confidence) and one missed stand, but her recall and change of position were fantastic.

We ended with a final score of 184.

We will be at Berwick in two weeks so fingers crossed for her CD title.

:(

Congrats Luckydog! I'll see you at Berwick with the "real" Leo this time ;) :rofl:.... oh and Kinta too :rofl:

Fantastic score Ptolomy - well done!

Well - while trying to teach Leo scent work, he thought it a good idea at the beginning stages to try and bring ALL the articles I had on the mat to me.... :):idea: Thought it was quite funny :rofl:

My brag is that my boy likes herding again!!!! :) he was switching on a lot more this time with the sheep and eating less sheep patties :rofl::mad

Kinta on the other hand.... still has the attitude "sheep, what sheep?!" Even when shown what to do by another dog :rofl:. What happened to my lovely herder?!?! :rofl:

Ella and I had our third novice trial last night and yet again qualified! :laugh: We scored 186 and won the ring which is funny as the last trial we scored 190 and only managed third!!! Silly me however looked at my dog THE ENTIRE way through the trial so got pinged a lot for that... Note to self: DO NOT look at dog!!! :rolleyes: This is her second leg now (needed to do a sweepstakes first) so 2 weeks until our next trial and hopefully we'll have our title!!!

WELL DONE Sieta with Ella!!! Those are some great scores!!!

Another little brag from me today. Went to Keilor's NADAC agility trial, which was Kinta's first ever trial in anything (other than showing) and Leo's first trial in NADAC. For those of you that don't know - NADAC is just another variation of agility - usually smoother courses, and your dogs can run at a lower height if you want (both mine ran at 500 equivalent). All contact equipment is rubber... there are a few other differences but these are the main ones :). SCT and places are split into height categories which is great for the smaller dogs. There are also no refusals.

I was really pleased with my lot. Seems the work I've been doing with Leo is paying off as he was really eager and fast :( Kinta had a great time also - she too was super eager, not as fast as I expected, but that will come with experience I am sure :(. Both dogs were SO responsive to call off from obstacles etc :p.

Results were:

Leo:

1 x Novice Jumpers pass

1 x Novice Tunnelers pass.

He should have got another tunnelers pass but went in the wrong end of one tunnel. His 1st novice jumpers run was a stroke of bad luck as I didn't continue running for the last jump, so he jumped while turning back to me and clipped the bar :)

Kinta

1x Novice jumpers pass (beating Leo's time!)

2 x Novice Tunnelers pass.

I was thrilled with her work and you could see her getting faster as the day went on. If we can work a little more on her confidence and just get her out there for some experience I think she will continue to improve out of sight and get some real speed behind her :)

Edited by leopuppy04

We had the ACT State Obedience Titles this weekend. My Polo managed to win CCD Dogs both days, with scores of 93 and 97 respectively. He would have scored near perfect on heeling I was told if I hadn't fluffed his downs on Saturday, we ended up with just 24/30. Today his downs were perfect (yes it was me, not the dog stuffing it up, I relaxed today) and he got 28/30 for heeling. These were his 3rd and 4th passes, and wins. So at just over 12 months he has his first title :( By winning both days he also won the CCD Dog State Title for 2008! What a good boy :(

Denny (Sarasota Phantom Menace) passed at his first attempt in the trial ring at Albury on Saturday in the CCD class :champagne: He scored 93/100 and won the ring too!

Go Denny! - is he a StarWars fan? :rolleyes: