2008 Brags Thread

ness

Not a huge brag to some, but its huge to us :thumbsup: As Shar pei are very smart but just as stubborn ;)

The hard work payed off :confused: Asia got a 3rd place in her first trial at the Royal Adelaide show :p CCD 84/100

Heel on lead 19

stand for exam 10

recall 15

sit stay 20

drop stay 20

TOTAL 84 :thumbsup:

royal011.jpg

royal001.jpg

royal050.jpg

Edited by miss squishy face

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gees Miss Squishy Face - coming 3rd in CCD at the Royal is a HUGE brag.

We were there doing agility at the Royal on the Sunday night and felt very sorry for the novice and CCD dogs since the ring was covered in food, dog hair and had been used as a toilet area by the show dogs for the previous three days.

I did watch a clip of one of the novice dogs working and I see the judge had the start post at the far end of the ring away from the crowd which was very nice.

Well done again!

Ok I didn't brag and probably should have. We had the Adelaide Royal show on Fri and Sat night. UD on Fri and Sat was open. Ness put in the performance of her life on both nights. Her UD work was the best she has ever given me and in the conditions I could ask no more. We had a power black out too so were sitting around for ages wondering if we would trial at all. Not even one of the over head power cables dropping during me sending her to the box upset her. Not to mention the fact the people outside the ring tell me she looked sore which makes the effort even more impressive. When we got there she couldn't pick up her articles off the floor but by the time we got into the ring she managed to pick up all three - yee har and ended up with 14 out of 15 for her metal.

Sat night well I was second last on in Open. Very nervous. She worked the round of her life.

26 for Heelfree

20 for SFE (and considering she was sore and not happy doing them about 10 min before we went in to think we got through that exercise was a huge relief)

26 for Drop on Recall

19 for Retrieve on Flat

28 for Retrieve over the Jump

20 for Change of Positions

Now we got through the 3 minute sit stay without a hassle then get to the down stay and she decides she needs to lick herself half way through and sit up. Bugger but if she had nailed the stay she would have finished with a score of 189 and 3rd place (behind 2 great WA dogs - Ptolomy's boy Scoota and another Aussie Brooklyn). There were 7 qualifiers as it was so that would have put her ring work above the best of the SA dogs that were entered - dogs who have won at other royals, regularly win our states, dogs who have there OC titles and handlers who are on subsequent dogs.

Like Ptolomy mentioned the conditions weren't the best and to have matched it with the best of the best here in SA well I think that in itself deserves a huge brag :) .

Well done MSF and of course well done Ptolomy (and where is your brag - 1st place UD at the Royal, 2nd Open and 4th place in Masters Agility for master Scoota - geez not sure they will accept your entry next year :p ).

Not a huge brag to some, but its huge to us :cheer: As Shar pei are very smart but just as stubborn :(

The hard work payed off :) Asia got a 3rd place in her first trial at the Royal Adelaide show :p CCD 84/100

Heel on lead 19

stand for exam 10

recall 15

sit stay 20

drop stay 20

TOTAL 84 :cheer:

Woah way to go Heather and Asia :( That is an excellent achievement, congratulations! :( She's such a clever girl, lovely photos too :(

:hug: Everyone for the replies :rofl:

Not the best result but we were really trying for just a 75/ 100! We did a lot better than the minimum pass :( Thanks to the Wa judge :kissbetter: She was lovely :cry:

Some Dolers know, but I had put 4 years ,before Asia, into obedience training my boy Ruger :mad He shyed away from the judge & instructors on stand for exam for no known reason? but was great with the other exercises! Just when we were finally getting somewhere with him! We tried another club for other ideas! First week the new instructor slapped him in the face(really hard) for sniffing food for food refusal (an exercise we both had not done before) which ruined him for life :cry:

After training my dogs for over 18 years this is my first pass in obedience :hug: Thats why its huge to us :(

Im not looking for any sympathy :( , but It has been a long hard road, I have copped it all, DA, shy dog, dog Pts after being hit by a car, cancer, pyometra etc

My girl has really lifted me after all the years so im hoping we have a title (any title obedience/agilty) before the end of the year!

Julie the pei breeder in Vic has also has given me a challenge as the only pei in oz at the moment with an obedience/ agility title, watch out Julie Im working on it :cry:

Hey Ptolomy- Looks like you guys did have it harder than the novice/ccd dogs as they replaced the carpet squares for us after a complaint last year! Good thing they did as Asia has a beagle nose always on the ground :D

Which novice dog did you see the clip of? Pm me if you want as I know of most of the novice competiters?

The judge did have the novice dogs recall to the wall where the ccd dogs recall was to the crowd?? I had to ask why as no one, else even the judge noticed :cry: So glad it didnt affect us though :cool:

Heather :p

Just to keep Ness off my back :D ......

Back from the Adelaide Royal where Scoota put in a ripper of a UD round - and won with 193 and then followed up the next night with 195 in open BUT he did move 2 feet in the SFE (this is where OC stands for occasionally clever!). Tickled pink that he did his sit stay as this has been a bit of an issue.

The icing on the cake was his clear round and 4th in masters agility as Scoota has done no agility training for months.

Going out on a limb here - BUT Miss Squishy Face - I would have to say that SA is not the most positive dog training state I have been to. I do gloves in UD and we often ask people how they train food refusal as I don't think I could do it with any of my kids - since they are food trained and are very food focused. Apart from the gurus in WA - I am yet to hear a positive way of training the exercise that doesn't involve flicking the dog in the face, so some sort of physical punishment to the dog if it takes the food. :cry:

Well if you read my sig you will see that Jock Chops won 300 excellent jumping at the festival of agility! He also got 3rd NQ in novice agility and 7th in snooker with 10 sec to spare I hate to think how fast everyone else ran! So proud of my little man! From Pound dog to Agility star!!

Well done everyone! Adelaide Royal is always challenging but goodness a pei getting third is fantastic! As for Scooter goodness me they'll be misplacing your entry next year after that! :laugh: I can see it now..."watch out for the Sand groper with the orange dog...they snaffle all the ribbons!" Well done sounds like you had a fantastic trip.

Ptolomy I don't know about any other club but I started out in SA at Oaklands park, I was taught food refusal by using a cue word so the dog only took the food offered to it if the cue word was used. Perhaps things have changed that would have been in '89/'90 some where around then. :laugh: Slapping a dog in the face isn't very constructive.

I can finally add to this thread :rofl: Divani got her first pass in CCD 87 points

heel on lead 22

stand for exam 10 (for those that remember I had problems with her being touched by strangers)

recall 15 (she decided that the auto sit after the heel off is to be done about 15 seconds after we stop)

sit stay 20

drop stay 20

I might add that it was raining qute heavily, and we had a dog have a go at her when we were entering the ring.

For more details you can read my small brag story in the Dobermann thread.

Edited by Monelite

My first brag. Boss and Bella had there very first show training lesson last night. They are almost 1 (late start i know) they have never had obedience classes, just at home lessons, and they did sooo well I am so proud of them. They didn't run around being crazy wanting to play with the other dogs. Boss stood (stacked) still for about 15 seconds and then started to moved and then he would stand still again. And Bella did awesome as well. Well thats my brag :thumbsup: no where near as good as what some of you have accomplished.

Edited by ridgeback-lover

:(:mad:(

Mr CK got his first agility card on the weekend. It was only elementary agility, but he actually looked like a. he was having fun and b. he might be an agility dog. He also managed to not get eliminated in the starters course for the first time. Contacts were all perfect, just the weave poles and some directional issues we have to sort!

Xena also went really well getting her first Intermediate card. She ran beautifully all day (with one little exception) doing exactly what I told her to LOL. She got just about all her contacts (which has been an issue for us lately) and didn't miss any of her weavers! WOO HOO!

All in all I think I had the biggest smile I've had since starting to run the two dogs. I have to say I am looking forward to getting them both in the same ring - 2 rings and two levels is a lot of work and stretches my brain.

:):scared::laugh:

Mr CK got his first agility card on the weekend. It was only elementary agility, but he actually looked like a. he was having fun and b. he might be an agility dog. He also managed to not get eliminated in the starters course for the first time. Contacts were all perfect, just the weave poles and some directional issues we have to sort!

Xena also went really well getting her first Intermediate card. She ran beautifully all day (with one little exception) doing exactly what I told her to LOL. She got just about all her contacts (which has been an issue for us lately) and didn't miss any of her weavers! WOO HOO!

All in all I think I had the biggest smile I've had since starting to run the two dogs. I have to say I am looking forward to getting them both in the same ring - 2 rings and two levels is a lot of work and stretches my brain.

Well done Reddii - you've got two great dogs there - I can't wait to see your freestyle routine on the 12 October with Xena!!!!!!! :rofl:

Just thought I would add my brag,

Yesterday I attended the Melton Dog Obedience trial and my girl ' Rutland's Goldie" [assoc reg] Gained her CCD Title! :) She placed 2nd in her class and also was sashed Highpoint Melton Competitor.

This was only our 5th comp so I am pretty pleased with how well she has taken to obedience.

As members of the Melton D.O.C, It was even more pleasing that she gained her title at our club's competition. :)

Now we will have a break as I also show horses and the show season is just starting, but I will continue with her training and hope to get out again in the next level early next year..

bye,

Cherokee & 'Goldie" :)