Dol Blade Sharpener?

Yup :worship:

He offers a brilliant, friendly, service. Although in NSW they will turn around in 48 hours or less.

When the blades are returned they are in a plastic bag with a piece of kangaroo pelt attached to the bag showing how the blade cuts once it has been sharpened.

He was a professional dog groomer for a number of years at a very busy salon in Canberra.

Also sharpens scissors and you can purchase clippers etc through him.

AND he has the best customer service. I had an issue with a brand new pair of clippers, and he very patiently, over email, talked me through a number of solutions until we had them working again - and no, I didn't buy the clippers through him. I will next time though! Any clipper/blade/sharpening I have will always go through him from now on :(

Hi all - sorry but who's the guy on DOL who does blade sharpening? Nicest man or something? We need a few blades sharpened for work, and the local blade sharpeners are shite...

Thanks in advance!

-WithEverythingIAm

Hi there WithEverythingIAm, thank you for your inquiry to do with sharpening clipper blades,if you wanted to try our service,and at the same time to get a 10% discount for your sharpening,DOL have a Merchants deal going that you join the VIP club,and when you send blades for sharpening,and you quote your VIP club number,we will honour the 10% discount for you,other DOL members have tried it with great results,our main website is www.freewebs.com/clipperbladesharpening/ Hope oneday we maybe able to help you,Regards,Colin.(nicestman77)

• 1 month later...
Hi there WithEverythingIAm, thank you for your inquiry to do with sharpening clipper blades,if you wanted to try our service,and at the same time to get a 10% discount for your sharpening,DOL have a Merchants deal going that you join the VIP club,and when you send blades for sharpening,and you quote your VIP club number,we will honour the 10% discount for you,other DOL members have tried it with great results,our main website is www.freewebs.com/clipperbladesharpening/ Hope oneday we maybe able to help you,Regards,Colin.(nicestman77)

Hey Colin! Is this for your existing clients too, or just new ones? :rainbowbridge:

I need to send you some more stuff next week...........

Cheers

Dru

Hey Colin! Is this for your existing clients too, or just new ones? :love:

I need to send you some more stuff next week...........

Cheers

Dru

I think it's as long as you have a DOL VIP card http://www.dogzonline.com.au/vip/discounts.asp?cat=26

I keep forgetting about using my card,damm

Another vote here for Nicestman. Faster turn around ive ever had and excellent prices and everything is like new when it comes back! (and you should see the state i send them in! :) )

Ummm that's me :eek: .

I have to pack them up for Colin and get them in the mail, hopefully Tuesday this is all on the go.

So, if a clipper blade isnt cutting properly, how do you know if they need sharpening as opposed to buying a new blade?

(My friend has a pair and I clip her long hair dog in summer etc... they are Moser Rex clippers)

What a rough price for sharpening?

So, if a clipper blade isnt cutting properly, how do you know if they need sharpening as opposed to buying a new blade?

(My friend has a pair and I clip her long hair dog in summer etc... they are Moser Rex clippers)

You'll find when you slide the top section across(the seperate piece) ,if it has no grip and slides across really smoothly it needs sharpening

i think it's still $10 plus post

Edited by 4 Paws

You'll find when you slide the top section across(the seperate piece) ,if it has no grip and slides across really smoothly it needs sharpening

Thanks for that. :D Very reasonable price too.

What does it mean if you cant slide the top section at all? I've had a couple come back from sharpening like that or change to be like that within a few clips.

• 2 months later...