Rest In Peace Rowdy

Trisven13

Rowdy, one of the dogs currently being fostered by Albury Dog rescue, was killed last night by his foster carer's dogs in a very out of character event which also claimed the live of the carer's goat and many chickens. The carer is devastated and unsure on what to do about her dogs. The exact details are unclear as they were away when it occurred.

Rowdy - you were a beautiful boy who wormed your way into my heart when you climbed into my lap for a cuddle. You were so scared of so many things - I'm so very very sad that your life had to end the way it did. Run free at Rainbow Bridge - I'm sure there will be someone there with a lap for you to climb in.

jan08dogs011.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Oh Trish, I'm so sorry to read this, poor Rowdy, goat & chickadees, I wonder what set the whole thing off ?

I feel so sad his life ended this way, I hope his carer is okay too.

fifi

The rangers are still at the property and have removed two of the dogs who don't appear to have been actively involved. Long story but the carer is a solicitor who has had to move to Swan Hill. Her husband and son still live at the property until it is sold and they can all move to Swan Hill - but they went away camping overnight. They can't be contacted at the moment. The carer's brother is on his way out to see if he can restrain the remaining two dogs - who are actively trying to eat the ranger. If he can't get there the carer has given the ranger's permission to shoot the dogs if necessary. They haven't been able to see Rowdy's body so I suppose there is a chance he is alive but the neighbour apparently saw him killed last night. :thumbsup:

I just can't believe it, the poor carer (who is close friend) is devastated but too far away to be able to do anything - her dogs are her family - we just can't work out what happened. We can only assume that there was a dispute between the dogs which led to Rowdy's death and that, somehow, this has triggered some kind of pack killing spree afterwards.

The neighbours have young children and a GR pup and have had to keep everyone inside as the dogs are trying to get next door. The dog who is causing most of the problem is 10 years old - maybe some kind of dementia brain snap???? I just can't explain it, understand it, comprehend it.

RIP Wednesday the goat who was rescued from the pound aged approx 2 days - my friend adored her.

That is horrific.

I remember Rowdy and followed him being saved and im just devastated by his death. I love the cattle dogs and he was such a handsome man. RIP little fella :thumbsup:

My heart goes out to the family and albury rescue.

RIP Wednesday and chickens :thumbsup:

Guest Clover

Oh Trish i am so sorry, what a horrific thing to happen :thumbsup:. RIP Rowdy, Wednesday and all the other animals.

No more news at this stage.

Ros (the carer) sent her brother around to try to restrain the two remaining dogs but even he was too scared to enter the yard :) and he goes there normally a few times a week, not to mention had fed them the day before. Last time we spoke she was waiting for her husband & son to be within phone range and then they would have to try to sort everything out when she got home. The rangers told me that they could see the body of a blue heeler and it wasn't moving - from that we're assuming that he has passed. If he hasn't, after this long, he is most likely very badly injured. Poor Ros - she has been caring for us from the beginning and, until her move to Swan Hill, has been one of our only big dog carers. Its just shattering for everyone involved.