Goodbye Spike

SpikesPuppy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts everyone- it really means alot to know there are people out there who understand and who care.

Spike would have been pleased to know he had so many 'fans' out there in cyberspace :happydance2: He was a very special boy, always a gentleman and always (almost...... he had his cheeky side! A 70kg dog with a wicked sense of humour hehe) dignified and noble.

I am doing okay... we have moved house (and yes, we found a place which would have ALL of us), so I am not constantly thinking "that's where Spike should be", and I think that has helped (though we have 2 enourmous kennels in the backyard... and only 2 small dogs hehe. Neighbours must think it's a bit odd!), but of course I still miss him, I miss his heavy breathing, finding his hair in every meal, wiping his slobber off every surface etc. I still hear his bark sometimes, and go to let him in....... that is hard. When buying dog food, treats etc I keep looking at the large bags/large size biscuits when I only need to buy the smaller ones now. And we have a bunch of giant nature's Gift tins left over, obviously 2 wee terriers don't need much of that!

And rascall, I miss him too but he wasn't so *there* if that makes sense, he was often off on his own, doing his own thing. He was a sweet little man. A pain in the butt but very sweet.

It's a huge adjustment to life without Spike, and it's very odd to not have a big dog here.

Once again, thank you for all of your words and messages, they have really helped.

When I get my scanner set up again, I will post up some baby pics of Spike. He was a mighty cute puppy :cooldance:

What a beautiful dog Spike was, in nature and looks.

Spike was so lucky he had you to care for him, to enjoy your company and for you to see he did not have to endure too much suffering when it appeared there was no resolution to his health issue.

You were both brave for each other.

RIP Spike

:)

Thank you everyone for your words.

It's been 3 weeks now and I'm doing okay, still randomly bursting into tears or sobbing when something reminds me of him but I'm okay. The little guys are keeping me busy, such happy little creatures who get mighty worried when 'mum' is upset. Still, the house is very quiet and I don't feel 100% safe without a big dog but that will come with time.

Still haven't got my scanner set up. Soon. I have been looking over his baby pictures though, remembering how 'small' he was when we brought him home, I also found his puppy journal, lots of fond memories there.

Rarely visit Rainbow as it's too upseting, but had to when I saw Spike 's name. I'm terribly terribly sorry. What a shame. I feel for you so much. Such a special wonderful boy. An amazing dog in every sense. I would LOVE to see his baby photos :) Can you post them in the photo pages when you are up to it? Lots of hugs and kisses and love to you all,xxxxxx

Very saddened to read of the loss of your magnificent boy who I have admired from afar, he was truly beautiful and such a big boy will always leave such a huge loss :laugh: The tears will come for some time yet, :eek: it is a fitting tribute to a much loved family member who gave so much during his lifetime. I feel your pain during this terrible time.

RIP big boy and have fun with all the other big boofas up there :laugh:

I haven't been in this section for awhile either as always upsets me, brings back too many painful memories :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...