Guest Dagny

Feeding  

134 members have voted

1. 1. When do you feed your dog/s?

• Night time
    • Morning
    • Lunch
    • other

I have left the poll as multiple choice in case some people feed their dogs more than once.

I heard that it is best t feed your dog in the morning. Is that true? We feed our dog once a day at night.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big feed in the morning and small one in the night time here.

ETA: Two Gir avatars in a row :laugh:

And yet more Jhonen Vasquez with a Wobbly headed Bob "These hands!! I can't get them off my wrists" user title & "Spinning Ball of Waste

" location here. :shrug:

Edited by Wobbly

Evening for my Spotted Devil plus some training treats in the morning if required. I used to feed twice a day but some research has shown that Dalmatians fed once a day at night have a lower likelihood of forming urinary stones than when fed twice a day or once in the morning - it's a breed specific thing :laugh:

What was this thing on Sunrise, did they give any explanation?

It was about destructive dogs, but the vet mentioned that it was better to feed in the morning (no explanation) and that you can put the dogs kibble into a buster cube or something to keep them occupied.

Big feed in the morning and small one in the night time here.
ETA: Two Gir avatars in a row :confused:

And yet more Jhonen Vasquez with a Wobbly headed Bob "These hands!! I can't get them off my wrists" user title & "Spinning Ball of Waste

" location here. ;)

:p

Jedi gets fed morning and night. He weaned himself off his lunch time meal - he just stopped eating it, so we stopped giving it to him. He's almost 6 months anyway and that was when we were going to feed him twice a day. He gets a doggy biscuit or similar in the afternoon as well.

Edited by TerraNik

I feed my GSD's at night...i can control what they do after dinner - whereas if i gave them breakfast and then left for work i couldn't be sure they'd not play silly buggers and if they bloated or something i wouldn't find out until i got home. After dinner they get checked on a few times before being put to bed...so they stay calm, etc and usually curl up under the house (under the lounge room) while they wait for bed time.