If You Could Trial Any Breed....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giant Schnauzer or Standard Poodle probably- for their smarts and attitude. Or a Cattle dog or Kelpie for their smarts, attitude and drive..

hehe- i just worked 4 breeds into a one breed answer! :laugh:

Actually i'd love to trial a beagle too- to show it can be done!

Labradors cos well, I just love em!

Next choice would be a Beagle, cos I know nothing about them except they're cute so that would be a nice challenge for me :shrug:

Oh who am I kidding, trialling full stop is proving to be a challenge for me! Can't get myself in there due to nerves and a Lab who works wonders one go, then is a total hoolign the next! :laugh:

Nothing looks better than a happy focused toller - with its tail up wagging away :laugh:

I think this looks great with all breeds! Not sure how to achieve it though without a tasty piece of chicken in my hand, that is the only way I get undivided attention with happy face and waggy tail gazing up adoringly :shrug:

My ultimate goal is to trial with my beagle :shrug: She has the potential I just need to commit to putting the effort in.

When I get my Finnish Lapphund in the next couple of years I will trial with it too :laugh: I would also like to trial with a few spitz breeds, including Sibes of course!

She has the potential I just need to commit to putting the effort in.

I hear ya, that is my problem here with one of my labs. Wish I could find a training partner, might give me more motivation and give me an outside POV of what I'm doing wrong :laugh:

Your Beagle Daisy in your sig pic is adorable!! I'd love a Beagle, but my hands are kinda full with 2 Labradors atm! Definitely will have one in the future, just need more time, larger yard, and do my research! :laugh:

Aww thanks Ruby. I think she is pretty special :shrug: There are some great beagle breeders out there too. I am a big Spitz fan, but I really have fallen for beagles.

She has the potential, and the focus is there, I just need to harness that insatiable instinct! LOL

daisytailwag.jpg

Edited by huski