50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

thanks for the comments, she's a little sweetheart alright. A friend of mine might be going to foster her for a time and her owner let her stay with my friend for the weekend to see how she'd cope. Yesterday they came here for a visit and her owner picked her up. We were all very pleased to see how well the little girl handled it all and I was also happy with my whippets apart from a jealous Feather who got her nose out of joint about it all so I crated her.

I took heaps of pics, about 100 and I think this one is the best, I haven't done a thing to it, no sharpening, no colour adjusment or trimming, it's exactly as it was in the camera and I really like it. I had a very photogenic subject though didn't I.

Here's some more of her

3229917755_7333c01c8e_b.jpg

3230765696_762e282ace_b.jpg

and her friend Luigi

3230764308_b1c79001d5_b.jpg

3229913425_507d17e288_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kirislin are these 2 whippys or iggys.......a friend of mine close by had 6 iggy pups last Thursday - sadly the mummy died on Sunday along with 2 of the weaker babies - both blue - the others are fawns and sables and look like baby mice.......I arrived at bottle time yesterday and helped feed.......her 2nd iggy bitch had her litter of 3 early Monday morning and she's adoring the xtra adoption additions to her litter - an absolutely fantastic mummy!!!!!..........eeeeerm NO I forgot my camera......... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yep they're Iggies, sorry I forgot to mention that. How sad about the mother and pups for your friend. does she breed a bit, she was lucky to have another bitch who could take on the newborns. You will get more chances to take your camera hopefully. we want to see.

Yes she breeds - iggys n staffordshires.........but the iggys only recently as her friend who use to breed the iggys has cancer so she's taken over - both the mummys were 2.5 years old - the first litter mummy just totally gave up and wouldn't eat or drink after the 1st 2 days - it was like a severe post natal depression - vet checked her out on Saturday and said she was physically okay and gave them liquid supplements to tube into her but nothing worked......soooo sad.....my friend was terrified the 2nd mum was going to do the same thing but she's a total different temperament and just loves the whole birthing thing and looks like she's smiling all the time and loving her extra poopies - and gutsing the food plus all the supplements from the 1st mum.........I think they'd be a fair bit more sensitive than whippys!!!!!!!

I have the 50mm 1.8. Such a great little lens for the price.

First time I used it, I had a very pretty subject.

3120094352_e9a34c6012.jpg

This is just a grab shot at home. I left some champagne on the kitchen bench and had also bought OH some scotch (special occasion). I went to do something for a minute and my parrot had figured out that if he flew to the box containing the bottle of scotch and stood on it, he could reach the shiny label. Parrots love bright colours. As soon as I took this photo, I chased him off as foil is no good for birdies. The depth of field here was intentional.

3242858125_9ee0776c0f.jpg

If I'm stupid enough to leave things lying around on the kitchen table, he will find them. He'll only chew paper things though, and labels. :mad

3183616371_ddb73a702e.jpg

A couple of DOLers at lunch :(

3183604533_08f9f6e54c_m.jpg

Edited by Ripley

• 1 month later...

I can offically join in this thread now. :laugh: I actually went down to purchase the 85mm but walked out with the 50mm. I fell in love with it. :laugh:

Some very quick shots I took, not really trying too hard, so excuse the quality.

3324472792_f2e0e56484.jpg

3323634179_3c40fb73f6.jpg

Edited by Rocco1

Yep instead of the 85. I will get both I think. :o I thought I would test the zoom having to use my feet and see if I like the idea. :laugh: So far it's cool and seems to be a nice lens to practice my M setting with. :laugh:

So did you get the 50 mm 1.4 or 1.8 - I've got the Nikon 85mm 1.8, and love it as a sharp portrait lens, though everyone says the 1.4 is much more useful "in the dark" (KCC Park). The price difference is more than substantial. And yes it's made me do a lot of two step back half a step forward too.

So did you get the 50 mm 1.4 or 1.8 - I've got the Nikon 85mm 1.8, and love it as a sharp portrait lens, though everyone says the 1.4 is much more useful "in the dark" (KCC Park). The price difference is more than substantial. And yes it's made me do a lot of two step back half a step forward too.

50mm F/1.4 was my purchase. I was looking at the 85mm F1.4 and yes there is a huge difference from the 1.8. I also noticed a huge increase in the 1.4 in the last couple of weeks too. I would love to see some of your 85mm 1.8 if you are willing to share. :laugh:

I have the day off today so took these shots this morning.

This is with the cheap 50mm 1.8. I rarely use this lens but I'm very happy with it, for the price it's great to use indoors with just window light. I wish I could say my parrot was accommodating, but he wasn't. Millie was though.

ETA: This lens is pretty sharp, it's picked up my fingerprints on the couch :rolleyes:

3326793429_032d6aef0d.jpg

Need to get Millie groomed I think!

3327630108_139956f890.jpg

3327629948_ce6abc05a0.jpg

Played around with the burn tool a little

3326945513_be21ac9998.jpg

Edited by Ripley