2009 Training/title Wish List

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that I'd don't post often, but I thought that I'd add mine in too.

For me it is simple...

In 2009 I'm requesting from Trinket...

In the heelwork, Just stick by my side no matter what I do. please do SFE all the time and not just when you feel like it. Please, wait in the one spot or come when called and not make me think that you are deaf and blind all at the same time (no offence to anyone who is) and last but not least make sure that you do all the required parts R.O.F and when you return with your dumb bell, do not spit it at me if you think that the judge is slow telling to take it... (you should see her look at me and I know when she shakes her head 3 times the spit going to happen) cause remember this I will get you to pick it up anyway...

And last but not least to be consistant with your yearly pass rate towards your C.D title. And then I might stop calling you BubbleHead. We will also celebrate with a big pig out cause you will have acheive your title at the age of 9years

Tux... To gain a pass in UDX... but more importantly to be enjoying your work, be happy, healthy

As for me not to fall over or wobble in the ring.

As for my others,,, Shamie to do the odd Veterans Class in Conformation and the oldies to enjoy life :rolleyes:

Ok this is my post for 2008 goals

"My main goal for 2008 is to be much more consistent and part of that means not giving into the pressure of those training around me. I am going to go home from my two weeks I have had training with a whole new outlook on what I need to do to succeed.

Having said that though part of that is making the game much more exciting and not falling into bad habits of rewarding any old effort.

On the title front I do hope to get those remaining two passes for her JDM title, finish off her ADM and get her ADO (and SD if I can get my head around the rules long enough to pass :rolleyes: ). I hope to also make it into the UD ring. I would like to get through an Open heel pattern with no missed positions :laugh: .

Whatever happens I am sure we will have as much fun as we have had this year - like Kelpiechick said quallies (and titles) aren't the be all and end all as long as everybody is having fun that is all that matters."

Well lets see hmm am I more consistent - not entirely but I am better than I was. I am certainly making more of an effort to not fall into bad habits and keep it exciting. I can hear you laughing at me Ptolomy :mad .

I did manage to finish off her JDM title, still chasing 2 legs of her ADM and 3 of her ADO but I did manage to achieve her SD title :) .

Trialling in UD well yep I got there but I got there before the end of last year just and I think I did manage an open heel pattern with no missed positions - pretty sure that was her stunning performance at the Adelaide Royal show.

I think we had fun mostly and well new puppy wasn't even on the cards :rofl: .

Edited by ness

Well I had a bumper year this year (CCD, CD and CDX in straight passes) so am not going to be greedy in 09. I would like to get her gold dumbbell and be ready for UD by the end of the year - I'll be content with that.

In 2008 we cured Zero's dog aggression and started doing obedience. He's come along like crazy since!

In 2009 i'm hoping to get him to CCD trialing level (and maybe CD because i think he could just about pass the CCD trial on a good day) and teach him to do a retrieve (he's getting it now that he's got a wooden dumbell!).

I'd be very very happy if i could get him a CCD title. Not too bad considering 2 years ago (to the day) he was wandering the streets with 2 broken ribs and a crushed toe (and massive dog aggression and fear issues!).

I've had a big think about this one...

For Jedi:

- To have done ONE complete dumbbell retrieve by the end of the year. That will at least give me hope!!

- To have him at CCD/CD level by the end of the year. I don't want to put trialling as a goal, because that's not something I want to rush into with him.

- To start agility for fun and see where it takes us!

- Keep expanding his trick training repertoire

For Ahsoka:

- To gain a bucket of points towards her show title

- To start taking her obedience work seriously and get her to CD level (don't know when I'll start trialling - again, no rush!)

- Try lure coursing and see if she likes it

- Start agility towards the end of the year and see where it takes us

Edited by TerraNik

Gosh, i don't think i accomplished even one goal from the 2008 thread! :)

Nova: Any title will be good but doubtful, he did achieve a massive goal this year being a National Champ in flyball......that looks like it might be the top of his accomplishments so i am really pleased with him.....can't really top that :laugh:

Training wise we aren't doing any formal training, more him learning how to be a good relaxed and controlled inside dog.

Darcy: We are going for his agility titles this year, and i really want his show title but that doesnt look promising at the moment. Like Nova he achieved high in flyball but he still has alot of improvement left. He is also working 'in training' as well be a good little inside dog :)

Edited by tollersowned

For Piper: a pass or 2 to her intermediate cuck title and the chance to attempt a B course title on sheep or ducks. She is plenty capable of CDX, ADX and JDX but I just need to find the motivation to train again!

For Jazz: to gain at least a pass in started A sheep, maybe ducks as well. Get some more points to her show title and maybe (a BIG maybe - again depends on me deciding to get around to it) trial in CCD.

Most of my dogs trial related problems relate to me being too slack to actually train :)

Well I had a bumper year this year (CCD, CD and CDX in straight passes)

Wow, way to go!! :thumbsup: I'd be deliriously happy with that!!

Oh I am!! I think those were actually my goals for 2008, well CCD and CD definitely were... I can't remember if I wanted CDX as well!

Dear New Years Eve god.....

I have been VERY good today. Given that its mum's birthday today could we please try and arrange to pass something at the trial tonight. If I can please put in an order to not miss a position all evening in either open or ud and try really hard to get my directed jumping correct and get through to articles and still be passing it would be much appreciated - I know I was pushing mum's buttons the other night and how much it would make her day if I nailed it this evening.

I might even slip you a bone if I get bonus ones.

Ness

Edited by ness

Alright maybe I'll settle for no missed positions in open as a compromise :thumbsup: and mum apparently promises to get her footwork right tonight and to keep her end of the bargain - will wait and see there but maybe I might have to buy her an ice coffee for her jackpot ;) .

Edited by ness

2009, cannot wait for a fresh year. I felt more than a little flat after the big trials of 2008.

Judging this year also.

Lablover - which BIG Trials were you at?

I know what you are saying - I was hanging out for the last trial of the year which was mid December. My kids now get 6 weeks off and we are enjoying every minute of it.

Edited by Ptolomy

Well after a very late night (try not getting home until 4am this morning) the gods for the most part listened to some of Ness's requests. She put in two more than respectable rounds - both in Open and UD. No pass in either of them but very nice scores all round apart from a couple of minor stuff ups in a exercise here or there. And hmm I think I upheld my end of the bargain maybe - will see what the video shows hahahaha.

Got to say though I am thrilled with her UD round so fingers crossed for a UD pass or two during 2009 :eek:. Now going to enjoy 4-6 weeks of nothing (well ok flog the baby time :rolleyes: ).

Edited by ness