The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the poodle, poocow. He looks just so happy and ... poodley!

Here's my boy Cosmo, settling in for his after dinner snooze on our bed. Nothing done to this one, other than a little cropping.

3201241256_01ba02730d.jpg

I opened Photoshop Elements to have a play and shut it again 30 seconds later. :thumbsup: Don't have the patience tonight.

More brilliant photos today guys! The photo of Rocco in the tie made me laugh out loud :laugh: Love that pic of Chester, too CM, and the one of Leo is great Steph!

Am going to bombard you guys with photos today sorry :thumbsup: -

IMG_29262.jpg

IMG_28502.jpg

IMG_28392.jpg

IMG_28152.jpg

IMG_29022.jpg

No EXIF data today.

Im wondering now if I should continue to do a pic (or 2) a day for the whole year. What is project 365?? Someone mentioned it, think it may have been Nicole??

That was me... Project 365 is essentially this, but the whole year. One photo a day for a year. Each photo must be taken on a new day (no cheating!!).

Mmm sounds interesting, maybe Ill just keep going, I havent cheated yet :thumbsup: no seriously, I cant see the point in cheating, if your not up for the challenge then dont do it I reckon!! Although I have missed one day, it was when I was away I didnt take a single photo on that day which is so unlike me :laugh: anyways is anyone else here doing project 365, just as a matter of interest and if so are you including the pics you have posted here as part of it??

Yep, TN mentioned it and I ooh'd and ahh'd over such a great idea, and decided to do it too :laugh: I have an album on Facebook and one on Photobucket :laugh:

Helen you capture your dogs so well

PPS gorgeous rose. Very effective using the black bench

TerraNik Yum the Pasta looks very tasty. I have never made pasta. Must try some day always seems so fiddly. The experession on Jedi's face is pricless :thumbsup:

Kirislin What a great horse. Really shows her personality in that photo

Lea love the third photo. How cute are the two of them. Telling tales

Bindi-Boo lovely colour in the second pic. The chrysilis is just perfect . Again colours are great

Huga lined the frangipanis up perfectly. Can just smell them .

Rocco :laugh: at Roc. What a star. Love the pearls :laugh:

Clicking mad what a great model you have. Brilliant photo

poocow wow I am sure Leo's owners would love a copy of that pic. Captures the fun he is having

Popsicle Sweet photo of cosmo . Just realised you have taken feet first which makes for a great photo. gives that depth. Must try that instead of the head at the front

iltby I always enjoy looking at your close ups. You have realy excelled. Love the ladybird

jayc oops big trouble I would say .

aquaticmalamute great expression . What can I say except :laugh: gorgeous

MTD - gorgeous pic of Maggie! I will give the lady some of the pics I took of Leo and her other boy Doug. Shes a bit sad at the moment as her old standard is dying of cancer and he doesn't have long to go :thumbsup:

Josie - gorgeous pics as always, the third is my favourite!

Hi Guys, is it just me or are the photos getting better and better everyday??

Im loving all the doggy shots,

Iltby your little ants are brilliant and the lady bird is divine.

All The Flower shots are awesome, love the frangipanis and the gardinia.

Rocco you have such great models, your photos just take on a life of thier own!! Roc in the pearls my favorite one today (the one without the drool!! :thumbsup: )

Nicole, I bet you had fun taking photos at the dog show, your pics is great, magnus is georgous!!

Popsicle, your kitty is georgous!

MTD, MAggie is divine, those ears, just beautiful

Bindi, The chrysilis is totally amazing, is that shot strait off the camera?? I also love the one with the yellow flowers, through the barb wire, very effective.

Poodle Mum great shots of your Poos, Is it me or is one of your doggies pink??

PC The Std boy Leo looks like he is having a ball, very thoughtful of you to give the lady some pics.

CM as always your Dally looks fab, the 50mm does a great job very clear.

Terra Nik, I had to laugh at poor Jedi in his shorts, thats hilarious, he looks so unimpressed!!

Kirislin, your pony Pagan looks like she is laughing, great shot.

Lea, love the cows!!

Helen, your pics are always beautiful, I cant imagine being a great photographer such as yourself and not picking up the camera for 12 months. I love theone with Smorgies int he back ground if it is the one in Geelong Im only a couple of hours from you.

PPS, your rose is very effective on the bench top.

well enough from me, here is mine for today, I couldnt choose and I had a big play in PS, not very successful I might add, Iltby I tried your directions finally got it to work, but had no idea how to drag it into the pic, I did it but i dont know how, also couldnt get it bigger, Im guessing I have to make the canvas bigger, the thing was It looked plenty big enough but when it went to the pic it was tiny, see first photo bottom right corner. The next two I added diffused glow in PS, not sure I like the effect but it is something different. the last one I just mucked about with the colors a bit. All taken on the Nikon D80

January 16th

DSC_0235edit1stname.jpg

DSC_0052diffuseglow.jpg

DSC_0144diffuseglow.jpg

DSC_0146edit.jpg

looking forward to tomorows pics!!

forgot to upload mine from yesterday!!!

FREAK!!! [my best friend pulling faces] :thumbsup:

Jan_15___FREAK_by_Ravyk.jpg

And todays, is a tossup between 3 photos

Dead Ant

[from the bloody infestation we had today!!]

Jan_16a___Dead_Ant_by_Ravyk.jpg

Bristlenose Catfish

Jan_16b___Bristlenose_by_Ravyk.jpg

Zoomies!!

Jan_16c___Zoomies_by_Ravyk.jpg

Ravyk, love the fish shots, it doesnt look like you shot them through glass they are so clear, the zoomies one musthave been hard to capture!! I cant see the first photo, I just get a box with an x in it.

ps Poor Ant...LOL

edited to add, I can see it now, pc must have had a hiccup!!

Edited by tlc

directions finally got it to work, but had no idea how to drag it into the pic, I did it but i dont know how, also couldnt get it bigger, Im guessing I have to make the canvas bigger, the thing was It looked plenty big enough but when it went to the pic it was tiny, see first photo bottom right corner. The next two I added diffused glow in PS, not sure I like the effect but it is something different. the last one I just mucked about with the colors a bit. All taken on the Nikon D80

Hi Tlc :laugh:

When I say drag, I mean literally drag the writing onto a photo :laugh: If it's showing up tiny, just increase the font size. For a large image you might need something like 52px or even 72. Just play around till you get a big enough size.

Keep at it, you'll get it!

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments guys, they really are very encouraging :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

Edited by iltby

Welcome Becks glad you can join us the more the merrier. What is the last photo? i like it.

tlc, love the first and the last shots.

Jag, love the howling poodie.

MTD nice, its hard to get good photos of black dogs i find.

ILTBY, clicking mad and poocow, love the dogs. all great shots.

Poodle mum, will that pink ever come out. :laugh:

Ravyk, would love to see the pic of your friend in BW :thumbsup:

Edited by lea