The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

OK I went with a rocstar hat today with a madonna lookie likey. :laugh: The hat is actually Rocco's :rolleyes: Neither of us smoke, so it was a challenge in not trying to be sick. Sis is being such a good sport and Ripely there is no way you will see me infront of the camera. I'm the ugly one in the family. :thumbsup:

3198798758_ccb34abe06.jpg

3197951799_8c677966a2.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

taken late last night early this morning

this one features Jim Jam Jamie girl too ... this is where they nap between having had dinner and going to bed-proper ... and all sorts of other times during the day depending on what's happening, I think they are there now :rolleyes:

3198883326_98963497ba.jpg

:thumbsup:

I'm the ugly one in the family. :rolleyes:

That is such a lie :laugh: I really don't know how she held that cigarette in her mouth - shows dedication to your cause :thumbsup:

CM - I love the feel of that pic. The low light is really cool :cool:

I have had a crazy day today, but I took this one this morning before the madness started. Keeping with my 'Bits of Harry' theme...

copyofp11418891232010544.JPG

I tried getting some better ant shots by putting a small drop of honey in a few places that they gather. I managed to gather about 100 ants, still didn't get any spectacular shots though. They're in focus, but they're not sharp and they're just meh. I can't believe how hard this is :rolleyes: Damn all the ants! -

IMG_27282-1.jpg

IMG_26742-1.jpg

IMG_26632-1.jpg

EXIF data:

Shutter speed: 1/400

F number: 2.8

ISO: 400ish?

Edited by iltby

Geez guys talk about a hard act to follow today, Im gonna have to pull my finger out to keep up!! I am just going through a few I took today trying to be creative but it just didnt happen, will post the out come shortly.

Everyones pics are awesome. I wont comment on them all individually today because they are all soooooo GOOD!!

thought I should get off my butt and comment individually for once-

JayC- Nice sunrise :rolleyes:

Tera - Love the rolling pin and cook book

Lea - have already commented on yours :laugh:

Persephone - gorgeous shots, love the frame effect you've used

Rocco - love that first shot, your sister is hot :cool:

Bindi - lovely shot of Bow Wow

Piper- gorgeous pup!

AM - Love the light shining through the clouds

CM - that shot's brilliant, it feels so cosy

Huga - great shot! I love paw shots :rofl:

Warley - we just had a ferocious storm that went as fast as it came, too

--

Thanks Steph, I really don't think so. I think I should find some bigger ants :rofl:

Thanks BB :thumbsup:

Edited by iltby

More and more fantastic photos! I'm loving all the moons, sunsets and clouds, iltby's ants, rocco's retro style (your sis photographs very well) and, of course, all the dogs.

I didn't have a photo for yesterday - it was a bad day and nothing appealed.

Today we went to Melbourne Zoo and were lucky enough to watch the keepers washing Bong Su, the male elephant. I took heaps of pics, which are in a set here on Flickr.

At the end the keepers gave the elephant a pile of crushed up weetbix as a treat. It was fascinating watching the delicate way he worked it into piles and scooped it up with his trunk, so that's today's photo. Taken with our crappy little Kodak point n' shoot. No processing, other than a little cropping.

3198129571_a476d90fc3.jpg

Nothing bad about that pic PC. I love it, great clarity shows expression and makes you want to look at it more :rolleyes:

You must be very patient iltby with those ants. I am sure you will get that million dollar shot that you are after. Personally I think they are very good :rofl:

Rocco what techniques are you using to get the colour effects on your gorgeous shots? They just keep getting better and better.

Great pic popsicle!! Love the trunk.

Well here is my pic. Seems like the weather was very popular today :laugh: Nothing special just a lonely white cloud getting eaten up by the storm that was over before it began :cool:

IMG_7853.jpg

Sorry if I have forgotten someone today. It was not intentional - just so many great photos. We are all getting better and better :thumbsup:

Edited by JAG