Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry can't hang around today :thumbsup:

took a family portrait this afternoon ... Texas took up position leaning against the corner of the house, I took a few shots thinking it looked like a nice setting, then added Chester took another few shots but felt there was a gap in the middle so added Jamie to complete the pic :)

3206213088_81208b73dc.jpg

:thumbsup:

Everyones pics from today are awesome, PC I love your guys in the water, Top looks happy and Darcy looks sad!! we did the same today went to the beach the weather here was lovely, and CM, one of my fav pix from my lot today was a family portrait also!! Love your guys, great that they are all looking strait at you, doesnt happen very often here...LOL

My shots for today the first one was taken on the nikon and the second one was at the beach so I had the little point and shoot canon, nothing earth shattering but I liked Lacy just sitting high on the hill on her own, she was tried...LOL

January 18th

DSC_0280.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

More inspiring pics from you all today. Those sunsets are amazing and I want one of those meringues right about now. The family portraits are fantastic. It's hard enough sometimes with 1 dog - I don't know how you do it with several.

Today, after dog school while gardening, I found a stump from an old rhodedendron, and found all the rotten bits a bit fascinating. I knew right in the centre there was a very shiny black spider, but when uploaded and enlarged, can now see a tiny red dot on it's back - so glad I didn't annoy it.

"Back To School"

CopyofIMG_2333-1.jpg

"Rotten to the Core"/ "Redback in the Core"

CopyofIMG_2349-1.jpg

"Rhody Bark"

CopyofIMG_2364.jpg

For those who asked about my Orchid shots - it's a Phalaenopsis Orchid, and hopefully the other 2 buds will open completely and I'll have a stike with 6 flowers in the bathroom.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought the willy wagtails at Hillsborough Showground were fascinating enough to photograph!

IMG_8449.jpg

:) The one in the Non-Sporting ring facinated me as he/she would just stay there as the dogs trotted around. Sometimes moved, sometimes not.. Cheaky devil!! I saw you take the pic of the Dane lol. Nice shot.

Thank you for all the lovely comments regarding my pics.

I love looking at the diversity and skill of all the people and photograhs taken on this thread. Even the most mundane chore (washing) has been made to look inspirational. Mince has taken on a new meaning and everyone has such gorgeous pets and wonderful ideas of making something out of nothing. The sunsets and rises are stunning, the outback is a must see now and we have even been to the moon :thumbsup: Keep up the great work people, lots more to be explored.

Bindiboo a chrysalis. That is stunning, I have never seen one. Thank you for that image.

ashanali those poor Fijians. :) I like your sunset shots from your trip.

I have had a busy weekend so here goes 2 days' worth. No photo for Friday, didn't manage it.

Photos taken while walking around the neighbourhood.

Saturday - pine cones. Sigma 17-70 lens

3206392544_a5132a0dea.jpg

This morning, took Millie for a walk and heard this baby bird calling. Could it be the elusive ''cooee'' bird's chick (the beautiful metallic black koel, who migrates to our East coast from Asia each Spring). Yes, it was. I crept up near the tree and Millie was so good, sitting perfectly still and not moving so I managed to get a few piccies. The parents even came back while Millie and I were there. Poor pair of red wattlebirds trying to feed their foreign offspring.

The Koel is a brood parasite. Migrates to Australia every summer from Asia, lays its eggs in another bird's nest, then chucks out the eggs of the wattlebird so the unsuspecting parents end up raising this monster alien bird who will be more than twice the size of them soon. Junior koel will grow into this gorgeous bird with glossy black plumage and a scarlet eye if its male, but is quite ugly as a fledgling.

Junior here waiting for his frazzled parents to bring more food. The poor parents were flying back and forth with insects for him. Canon 70-200 f/4 lens

3205550117_e0eaf631c2.jpg

Red wattlebird feeding their monster adopted child a cricket. The koel baby is already larger than them.

3205550007_308eb6d6d8.jpg

Two wattlebirds in this photo, the smaller female is hidden in this photo by junior here.

3206513242_3b4a33b541.jpg

(I haven't heard the adult koel for some weeks. Task completed of dropping off its egg in another bird's nest, she has probably flown home).

Edited by Ripley

Wow, everyones photos are so great!!! :)

I can't remember which photos I posted last. Show weekend + trip to vets and I've lost track!

So Day 16:

3199548823_4dc302ef26.jpg

3206376582_5bca538f23.jpg

Day 17: Show day!

What to do when your dog doesn't want to come out of their crate... Pep-Talk!

3206388460_4ec8704ba2.jpg

Ahsoka 6 months today! I forgot to take some non-show photos, so this is it!

3205265393_2f7227b052.jpg

Day 18:

Jedi feeling a bit better today!

3206455136_8f7152d075.jpg

Easy dinner!

3205611309_9e75dcb4cc.jpg

Any chance of seeing a picture of Alex getting Lei'd by a Fijian woman?

Mebbe I've got the wrong country :thumbsup:

the cleaning bill for my computer is on it's way!! I thought this thread would be safe to look at while having some soup! :)

OK here are my entries for today (or is that yesterday to you?)

The historical way to go shrimping.

DSCF0116.jpg

sadly a car got into shot and it was a bit busy to avoid getting one in somewhere.

Looking for a break!

DSCF0121.jpg