The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

Hi everyone, I couldnt get my photos to upload to photobucket last night, and the computer was so sluggish, so I went to bed in discust, Just had a look at everyones pics from yesterday, all fab once again,

PPS your little girl pic is so cute!!

Lean Looks like Stella had a great Birthday, like the pic of the two singing.

Nicole, love the color in the poor hot chillies, I cant stand the heat.

Ravyk all I can say about your boyfriends medicine pic is :shrug::(:):)

the pic of your doggy on the lawn is cute, but I think your lawn is a bit dead :laugh: hot where you are too no doubt!!

Iltby, I love the little catapillar on the pencil.

PC the flowers just stunning.

Kirislin, great shot of your Mare, she is lovely, I had to laugh at your part about the Jenny Craig paddock :laugh:

Huga, the Nappys on the line were interseting, are they pre made cloth Nappys? Much different to the regular old white ones.

Terra Nik, great money shot, I like the DOF and the soft black and white is great!!

CM Chesters weaving shot is fab, did you set the timer anduse a tripod for that?

Does anyones cameas have continuos shots in timer mode??

Montall, your guppys are cute.

I hope I havent forgotten anyone, just to say Ill be dissapointed when this month is over as Ive realy enjoyed this thread, lookinf forward to next month!!

Here is mine for yesterday, I was lucky enough to go and see the eco boat Earthrace, it was docked here in our town for a few days, It is quite unreal to look at like something from another world, for anyone wthat isnt familiar with Earthrace here is a link to it.

http://www.earthrace.net/index.php?section=48

heres the photos

24th January

DSC_0005editsig.jpg

DSC_0017editsig.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woah tlc that boat is very cool looking

Warley - great photo of poodie!

Josie - love the furry!!!

lea - hope Stella had a lovely birthday - Bond is very naughty for not joining in with the singing!

Ravy - :) throw them out!!!

Thanks guys you have just made it easy for me to comment on the photos. I dont have to do them individually, because, THEY ARE ALL AMAZING!!!!!!!! :)

And the variety is outstanding,

spectacular fish, breathtaking floral arrangement, happy healthy dogs, itchy looking grubs :laugh: , out of date medicines, gorgeous, gorgeous little poodie, vibrant coloured, colouring, amazing photos of boats, even crystal clear crystal and hot to trot looking chillis. :shrug:

I have been slack I know, but I just can not seem to take anything worthy for this thread, You are all too good. :( I will keep trying though and hopefully capture something in focus very soon. :laugh:

I've been slack. I am yet to download photos for the last couple of days (I've been in Tassie).

I am so impressed with the quality of work from EVERYONE. I hope you have all enjoyed the challenge as much as I have. I know I have enjoyed seeing everyone's results.

The list for the February treasure hunt is nearly finished. I'm just about at 20 items/ideas/themes. Just need a couple more. If anyone has an idea, please feel free to PM me. :)

Becks wow amazing bit of rock.

kirislin what a gorgeous mare Pagan is. Captured that look so well

montall Love the guppy photo . Beautiful colours

Terranik Great money shot . Love the doggy one . Such concentration

Huga love the nappies :) great colours and clarity to see the texture

poocow Wow that photo is beautiful. I am sure the bride will love that one

ILTBY :laugh: caterpillar. Great shot.

aquaticmalamute In that heat i'm surprised the chillies haven't cooked. Great colours. The pool looks very inviting.

ravyk :shrug: at the out of date stuff. Cute doggy pic . great colours in the dye pic

lea What a princess Stella is. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the singing Photo :laugh:

PPS Such a natural shot . Captures that innocence of childhood fun .

tlc Amazing boat . Lovely picture.

All the photos are amazing .

Will post a few since I have been slack the last couple of days

Molly enjoying watching Tv On the best seat in the house

DSC011461-1.jpg

Maggie watching the cat "come any closer and I'll attack'

DSC011481.jpg

Savannah exhausted after a clip and bath. Too much for an old girl .

DSC011431.jpg

Taz .

DSC011541.jpg

Edited to add . The mountain in my other photo for those wandering is Mt Cooroora. I am waiting for a clear day take some pics of the other side which is even more eerie. Very rocky not much vegetation.

Edited by MTD

Love all the photos, too lazy to go back and comment on every one individually today. The shot of the little girl "Poodie"? is a standout, what a lovely smile.

Here's my couple of shots for the day.

The water lily that was partially in another shot (with an unidentifiable bug) is in full bloom now. The bug is still buzzing around but I didn't catch it this time. The flower is almost spent but I took another one because I kind of liked the shadow effects.

WaterLily.jpg

I don't usually name my plants but if this one had a name it would have to be 'Jaws'.

Jawsthecactusplant.jpg

Ravyk all I can say about your boyfriends medicine pic is :):rofl::):laugh:

the pic of your doggy on the lawn is cute, but I think your lawn is a bit dead :mad hot where you are too no doubt!!

yeah the lawn is...well non existant lawn. we mowed the dirt yesterday... :)

Ravy - :eek: throw them out!!!

they're off to the pharmacy on tuesday!!!

I apologise for not commenting on everyones pics individually. I can only say I check here many times a day just to see what beautiful, imaginitive, creative, clever, cute photos you've all posted.

I've been obsessing over getting a sharp pic of Pagans eye. This is about the best one yet taken with my cheapie kit lens. I was thinking about selling the lens but I dont think I will. I'd still like to get a better shot when she's more awake and not with goobies in the corner of her eye, but this will do for now

IMG_2908atcs.jpg

and this pretty flower is in one of my wine barrel water gardens. I had to play around with the exposure which I haven't done much.

IMG_2922tcs.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

I am feeling like it might be losing its importance, when I do mass comments. So I will try and give comments throughout the day. If I miss someone please dont feel left out, it is not my intention.

I might try and comment on a few different Dolers each day.

What has stood out for me today is the beautiful dog photos, children photos and the stunning colours of the airplanes. The perfection of the lovely horsey eye. Photos of pavlova looks very appertising.

I honestly do think that all the photos are great, so pat yourselves on the shoulder, for a job well done. :laugh:

Bindiboo, how very patriotic, really like that.

I've been back at work so out of this as I don't have time. I know that probably voids me, but I had to share my aloof cat's expression here. I went to do the vacuuming and Missy refused to get up off her sleeping position in the bedroom. She loves to recline on the throw rug I have over a cream sofa upstairs. I couldn't help take a photo - as soon as I turned the vacuum on, she bolted.

Missy the 10 year old Lilac Burmese - Canon 'nifty fifty' lens.

3224120629_1a08eae324.jpg

quick b/w conversion

3224105725_f31e08b4fa.jpg

OK, back to the vacuuming minus cat.

Edited by Ripley