The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some great pics today guys, Ash your bird looks so crystal clear and the sky is so blue!! Lovely!!

Ripley, your cat looks like an angel!!

Bindi, I thought the flag was very fitting, great sky!!

RavyK your pav looks so yum, I think im gona have to make one now!!

Kirisln, love the way you have captured the horses eye, great shot!!

MTD, your doggys looking beautiful as always and your cats a cutie too!!

Pointee, the kid shots are great, love the dress...ah to be a little girl again!!

Montall, that lilly is stunning, beautiful color!!

TerraNik, love your doggy shots they look like they are having a ball!!

Im yet to do my pic for today, cant think of anything to do, have been to the beach but nothing challenge worthy there, just 10 dogs running around like ferrels!!

Alicia - that shot is brilliant!!!

Nik - looks like the two had a lovely time at Bayview! I'll be taking my two tomorrow

Ripley - gorgeous shots of your burmese :laugh:

Bindi - great flag shot!

Krislin - I love the shot of the horses eye, you can even see a bit of a reflection

Ravy - damn you, now I want pav!

Off to download my shots from today, hopefully I got something ok...

terranik, dogs must be happy it's a bit cooler today.

I'm not a cat person and Missy was given to me by a guy at work to rehome for him but she was so endearing, she stayed. She is a very gentle cat. I gave her a bath on Friday so she looks nice and pretty now. In that first photo, she was giving my Alexandrine parrot the evil eye as she doesn't like him (but won't harm him, he likes to preen her velvety ears) and yet her paw was curled in contentment at me photographing her - silly cat.

Edited by Ripley

Ripley, those photos of missy are beautiful, she is a very elegant looking cat, and you have captured that well.

Ashanali, How do you capture such brilliant shots of these birds??? would really love to know.

TerraNik, your dogs are looking very healthy and very happy, what a lovely location, looks like it was a nice day.

Poodlemum, your daughter is very photogenic, love the colouring of the auburn hair and blue eyes. I too am amazed at all the things I have learnt just by doing this task. It is very liberating, picking up all these tecniques. :laugh:

poocow, haha, love the action shot of 'mr doog' chewing, he has very lovely white teeth. Great capture of the cocky eating the bread. I love the in the moment photos.

Also thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Wow.....I have just discovered other things you can do in photobucket :laugh:

So I had to add another pic today.

DSC_0019-1-1.gif

The photo is pretty ordinary......but if I wasn't in this thread I would not have discovered all this new things to do.

Thankyou :mad

I'm pretty sure you can reverse this pic if you want to as well. I dont have the program to do it but I bet someone has.

Nice one PPS, it has a very rustic feel to it.

PC the pic of Darcy is so cute, just love it.

Iltby, your butterfly is awesome, love the colors in the shot.

PM, your mirror shot is good I might have to have a go at a mirror shot too, this thread is great for ideas

I left my run a bit late tonight so more doggy pics, here is a couple of pics of my youngest Bronson, he was intriqued with some correllas flying over.

25th January

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

Jayc

what is the second photo?

its very interesting.

I was wondering about that too... odd angle, BUT it looks like an old glass insulator from when telephone lines were strung between poles- the insulators stopped the wire touching wood or metal.

There were glass and porcelain ones.

Not 100%sure :cry:

Persephone you are spot on! It is an old amethyst insulator which I use as a paper weight! :cry:

Whoopsy - I had a hugely busy day yesterday and only dragged the camera out for some happy snaps at my best friend's birthday drinks :cry:

Anyway, I like this one, it's not particularly good or anything, but I just like the feeling behind it. This is my best friend Bryce, she is moving overseas in a couple of months and I am going to miss her to death.

copyofp12501361232921238.JPG

Hi Guys,

CM I like your mirror shot, Your doggy looks almost perplexed as if to say what the heck is going on here :cry:

Jayc, cant really tell you took that shot out of the window, I havent see the wheel since it has been finished, anyone here been on it??

Huga, your bestie looks very happy in your photo, always sad when someone close goes away to live what feels like on another planet!! Thank god for telephones!!