Dog Dressage

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's much different to dancing with dogs?

Ummm, that's because it IS dancing with dogs, or canine freestyle to be technical and I think it's an extremely wonderful thing to watch. These people put in a lot of time and effort to achieve this with their dogs, with some routines taking up to 12 months, sometimes more to perfect. The commitment and training time is not much different to that of a sniffer or police dog really.

Thanks for sharing Tangerinedream. :laugh:

Ummm, that's because it IS dancing with dogs, or canine freestyle to be technical and I think it's an extremely wonderful thing to watch. These people put in a lot of time and effort to achieve this with their dogs, with some routines taking up to 12 months, sometimes more to perfect. The commitment and training time is not much different to that of a sniffer or police dog really.

Ohhh, so why not just call it dancing with dogs?

I never said it wasn't as hard or as amazing, I said I personally prefer looking at examples of sniffer or police dog work.

Did you watch the clip? If so you would know why TD put dog dressage instead of dancing with dogs. It's bloody obvious, really!

Awesome clip though, i've never been really interested in the hobby but it's still amazing all the same.

Edited by tollersowned

That makes me cry to watch such a beautiful relationship. That dog did not take her eyes off her owner. Obvious why the performance was called dressage!! To me that is much more beautiful than watching a police dog work. There has quite obviously been no force or punishment used in training that - purely trust and reward.

My 3 year old was watching with me and I asked her if she thought Noodle (our Mini Poodle) could do that. She said "Nah - but that dog can't do "paw" like Noodle"!!!

Trish :champagne:

Finally got it to work!

Very nice work, great to watch :champagne:

ETA: I don't think either is better (police work or dog dancing) just different. It is always amazing to watch a good team work.

Edited by Kavik

Amazing just amazing. How is the back to back section - gave me a case of the sniffles.

Dont worry about midol's carryon. If he actually knew what the word meant he would see why it was used.

Thanks for sharing Tangerinedream. :champagne:

Did you watch the clip? If so you would know why TD put dog dressage instead of dancing with dogs. It's bloody obvious, really!

Of course I bloody watched it.

How is it obvious?

Thanks for sharing Tangerinedream. :champagne:

How is it obvious?

:rofl::cry::) Tearies.

Thanks for sharing Tangerinedream. :thumbsup:

How is it obvious?

Oohhhhh :p :rofl:

Please :provoke: tell me you aren't being serious? :D

Thanks for sharing Tangerinedream. :thumbsup:

How is it obvious?

Oohhhhh :p :rofl:

Please :provoke: tell me you aren't being serious? :D

Perfectly. I know it's dressage now because of the funky clothing word WildatHearts said but to someone who has no interest in horses & has never watched a horse event in their life... How is it obvious?

It's dancing with dogs, call it what it bloody well is. No need to use pretentious names.

Edited by Just Midol

Perfectly. I know it's dressage now because of the funky clothing word WildatHearts said but to someone who has no interest in horses & has never watched a horse event in their life... How is it obvious?

It's dancing with dogs, call it what it bloody well is. No need to use pretentious names.

Are you saying you have never heard of dressage before?

It IS called dancing with dogs/heeling to music......it is just the title of the dance!!!! Do you understand?

Are you saying you have never heard of dressage before?

It IS called dancing with dogs/heeling to music......it is just the title of the dance!!!! Do you understand?

Of couse I've heard of dressage before. All I know is it is some kind of horse event though. In fact, I'd say the majority of people who aren't into horses won't know what it is.

I've never watched it.

I am failing to see how it is obvious why it was called dressage. BTW, the page refers to it as Heelwork to Music/Dessage, not Dancing with Dogs.

Edited by Just Midol