The Official February Photo Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, incredible macros MM - is that your first try at them? The spider is amazing :D

Lea, really stunning horse portrait, s/he is just gorgeous.

Mine's a bit of an obscure one today. I have daily B12 injections for my ME and this is a little drip that spilled over the end of the needle after I had it today. Anyway, I'm reasonably secretive about my illness and my treatments, so here's my 'secret' -

IMG_07602.jpg

I spose it could also represent a secret addiction to heroin or something :laugh:

ETA: It's probably 2-3x lifesize, the needle isn't nearly that big.

Edited by iltby

JayC beautiful glasses shot, love the color. Lea love the "child" pic, fun shot. MM I love the old shack pic, would make a lovely painting. That spider pic is awesome in detail (shivers) as is the fly. Iltby your pic detail reminds me that spiders are not that scary....(shivers more) I wish you well. :D

Old

This is a display at the Museum of Australia that has just been opened, called Australian Journey. This display cabinet is full of items donated by my family, that belonged to my Grandfathers cousin (not sure what that makes her to me)

All the items are handmade by her. She was preparing her wedding trousseau when her fiancee went off to war and never returned. She never married. Rolled all the items she had made up into bags and hid them around the house. We found them all when her sister died in 1988 and we were cleaning out the house.

(I have included 3 photos so you can see a bit of the detail and one that shows a photo of Muriel)

post-806-1234333588_thumb.jpg

post-806-1234333639_thumb.jpg

And a photo of Muriel.

(I cheated a little with these, as I actually took them on 29 January when the exhibition opened, but I'm hoping you'll forgive me as I wanted the bragging rights :love::laugh: )

Terranik - I love your tree

post-806-1234333685_thumb.jpg

Edited by j