2009 Brags Thread

Congrats to Izzi and Pebbles! and to Zamba! Way to go, guys!! :laugh:

Judge said she was in position the whole time (really??? I wish I had a video) and wagged her tail the whole time too.

Isn't it funny that you don't realise it until someone tells you or you watch it back? You know they're there somewhere, but just don't know where and if they are paying attention. I was very pleased when I got out of the ring on Friday night as I knew she had stayed with me, but when I watched the video back, my jaw dropped! :laugh: She stayed close to me, looked up at me, and that tail was wagging the entire time! :) You should definitely get someone to video you next time. I haven't stopped watching my video as it's the best work I've seen out of Ruby yet :(

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have lost count of the number of times I have walked out of the ring with Ness thinking that felt pretty average and then discovered how nicely she scored - case in point was last weekends UD trial which I don't have on video :laugh: .

Wow - well done to everyone! Well done to Ptolomy especially - some fantasic results! RS- ruby looks amazing - huge congrats to you.

Terranik - I know how you feel. They are some wonderful scores - enjoy them and your time will come soon *toddles off to watcht he vid*

Apologies if I missed anyone :laugh: :laugh:

Not really a brag for today but anyway....

We were in CCD (though we got our title last weekend).

Heel on lead- 26/30

WOOOO! Best heelwork score we've ever gotten (I think...) Very Happy with this! Lost points for being wide on figure 8, and some turns but other then that :laugh:

SFE- 10/10

recall- 14/20

I said heel and Jess was like "Hmmm in my own time!" Had to call her up and sit her :laugh: But it was a nice recall apart from that.

stays- 0

Just when I thought her sit stay was solid... last 10 seconds... down she goes. Pulled out of drop stays.

ness- After stays I was gonna come find you to help with Kenzie but then we had to leave :( Hopefully will see you at SADOC trial!

ETA: Congrats everyone!!!

Edited by DogSportObsessed

BIG congratulation to Caffy and Alex on gaining their Masters Strategic Pairs title today.

I got all excited thinking we could now retire but apparently we will be blowing the dust off the boys for the agility nationals :laugh:

Oh yes Scoota..no retirement yet!!!

it was yet another smooth run...thanks Ptolomy :laugh:

Hehehe go Caffy and Alex (and presuming Master Scoota was his pairs partner :thumbsup: ). I read somewhere that he is rather partial to Chocolate cake for his jackpot ;) .

Shhhh Ness - thats our secret weapon :rofl::(:)

Mr Alex is the only toller I know that can disappear, leap on a table, remove a lid off a plastic container and consume multiple pieces of cake in the blink of an eye.

Hmm I am not sure if there is a title for this or not :D he would certainly have his masters title multiple times over by now :p

Congratulations to all the people at WA on their results especially Deb and Brooklyn with 2 200 points. Can only dream to get that. Congratulations Dova told you, you could do it with both dogs congratulations also Zug Zug and DogSportObsessed and anyone else that I have missed.

Well I had a great weekend. Yesterday we had an agility and games trial held at Para Districts. My young coolie Gabby was in her first master agility and jumping run and got her first qualli in master jumping :thumbsup: . Master agility well we have forgotten how to do weavers arghhh :p we also got a qualli in gambler excellent which is number 4. Forget about snooker. Inka got a qualli in open agility, master jumping, master gamblers which we got a first it was an awesome run and a pass in snooker master :rofl: but the best news of the day was my 11 year old coolie Xena got her snooker master qualli which gave her title. Xena is the first in SA to get all of her master titles in games. I am so proud of her she has done some first during her career like being the first udx in SA and being the first to get her Agility and Obedience champion title. :( what a girl.

Today at Dover after a hard day yesterday Xena passed both open with 194 and in ud with 187 both with first places Inka got a first in ud with 179 she was a bit naughty stopping in her heelwork and only getting 19 but in open she was sitting on 197 and did the sit stay but than stuffed the drop stay she decided to scratch dont know if she got bitten. Gabby was working brilliantly in ud only loosing 6 points but than decided the boring biscuit was nice and ate it. At the end of the trial Xena won the highest scoring Dover Dog and not to be out done Inka had to win the highest scoring non qualifying score. Xena also won the scent hurdle event. :) What a weekend and next week doing it again with 2 agility trials

:laugh::laugh: You go away for a weekend, and look what happens. Well done to all those successful dogs and handlers - especailly Deb and the gorgeous Brooklyn 200 x2 - how good is that??!!!

Kirra and I had some quite nice runs at Launceston Show - but in nearly all of them I made one costly mistake. However, we finally pulled together a second place Q in Masters Agility, with a lovely comment from the judge on our run. :laugh: Our best news was that she did lovely weavers each run, and only missed one contact for the whole weekend.

Hey Zug Zug I probably saw you sitting on the hill too, but wouldn't have known it, I had three dogs, two Coolies & an Aussie. If you ever want any videoing done I can do it if I'm not in the ring :laugh:, & big congrats on your :laugh:.

My first chance to post this year and it's a good one!!! After a bit of a mad year - 6 months off at the start of the year for a litter, came back out for the state trials where we had some bad luck and then came in season and then a tick we finally made it back out again last night and did it in style. My beautiful girl Ella got her best score EVER in obedience (beat our best score by 1 point!) with a 196 in Open! I know that this girl is more than capable of a 200 and after last night's performance I know that she is definitely on track for that magic score!!! :):thumbsup:

I am still a very happy owner today and soo proud of my girl... she also won the ring which was the icing on the cake!

woo hoo congrats seita!

just back from my obedience trial too - and I'm noticing a trend :(

Kinta hasn't been in an obedience ring since the Nationals in August last year. She has loads of potential, but I had just about packed her away for good because she loves throwing away high scores (190 +) on silly mistakes as she is very sensitive to my nerves and the environment. Also having been out of the ring for puppies and such, we haven't trialled for AGES

Today we decided to have another crack and we entered Novice. I was surprisingly calm throughout the whole routine and she didn't put a paw wrong. Talk about your heart in your mouth for the stays!!!! Especially whent he dog BEHIND us is retrieving a dumbell ;)

Well she pulled it all together and we walked away with a tidy score of 198 and FIRST in the ring. To say I am proud would be an understatement! FINALLY my girl was able to prove what she is capable of :p

To top it all off - we also walked away with highest in trial!!!!!

As for me - I'm still rapt with her heelwork. That's what I dreamed of working with :cry:

Edited by leopuppy04