2009 Brags Thread

Wow, congrats Brigidstarr :eek: your a champion & I can see your smile from here in SA.

Rivsky & Xena, where's the cake going to be, I lurve cake, oops sorry it's rude to invite yourself to other peoples gatherings :(.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yummy!!!!!

now which brags are you talking about Rivsky :)

The Dogs SA ones but why not put all of them on!!

Cake will be at training on Thursday night Dova ;)

Ohh ok :) Got a letter from Dogs SA and my 3 girls all won awards :laugh: my 11 year old coolie Xena won top snooker master and top open jumping and my border collie Inka won top strategic master top master gambler and the overall master gambler, and my little baby won top novice agility top novice excellent and top novice gamblers. What good girls

over the weekend Xena passed open jumping with a third and master jumping with a second Inka won both open jumping and master agility and young Gabby won open agility

Had a pretty good few weeks :eek:

Wow, congrats Brigidstarr :laugh: your a champion & I can see your smile from here in SA.

Rivsky & Xena, where's the cake going to be, I lurve cake, oops sorry it's rude to invite yourself to other peoples gatherings :eek:.

Sorry Dova but its at club yummmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy :)

WOW!!!! WHAT A WEEKEND - I AM NEVER GOING TO FORGET THE WORLD DOG GAMES!!!! This is a long post, but I am so excited about what we achieved and still buzzing after playing frisbee in front of 4500 people!!

Thursday went well with all the paperwork etc happening, but CK had a rest until Friday. What a disaster that was - the artificial grass and lighting seemed to have him a little concerned in the morning's practice. By the time we got to the dress rehearsal he was totally freaked out by the amplified noise in the arena and then one of the camera men shoved a camera in his face when he wasn't expecting it - not once (forgiveable), but twice in 3 minutes. For a soft dog that was just about the end of it all. To top it off every time he had a run he toileted on the field - pure terror - think dog in a thunderstorm.

Any way, I worked really hard to support him and we got through it without a total breakdown (him or me). I was sitting outside the ring seriously contemplating taking him home when a lady (who later turned out to be one of the animal trainers at the Outback Spectacular on the Gold Coast) came up to me and told me I had done an awesome job with him and that it would all be OK as long as I stuck by him and kept him feeling safe. She then started to cry and told me he reminded me of her boy and that he was a wonderful dog. (OK, we both started to cry.....)

I decided to take CK for a good run, halve his food and start him on rescue remedy then see what came of it the next morning. I also did some serious thinking about how to manage most of his fears and came up with a plan that involved taking him out for a run every couple of hours to get him out of the strange environment and relax. I also decided to run out and collect him every time I threw the disc as well as to make sure he was crated until the last possible moment every time he was to go on - then when he came out of the crate I carried him into the ring to avoid the camera.

It seemed to work - he went really well in the Saturday warm up and when the crowd came in (all 4500 of them) it seemed to soak up some of the noise that was bouncing around the place. After the first two throws he settled down a little and decided that he could run down the right hand side of the field and avoid the cameras (why I was throwing off centre to begin with). A couple of times he started to drop his tail, but as long as I got the disc back and kept his focus on either me or it he was OK. By the end of the final round when I went to pick him up he was bouncing around wanting to play more so all ended up as it should have!

To me that was what the real brag for the weekend was - getting CK to a point where he was comfortable in such a foreign environment. From Thursday night the result really became secondary, but I should probably talk about that as well.

We were leading after the first round and I then had a couple of bad rounds which put us 8 points behind going into the final round (but still in second place). In the final round we scored 19.5 points which was the highest round anyone had over the weekend and only 2.5 points off the max possible score, which put the pressure on the leader. He needed 12 points to win and it came down to his last throw with 4 seconds to spare - we just got pipped into second place.

I have to say that after the rocky start a lot of the flyball and agility competitors were in tears talking to me about his performance. (He is a well known and popular boy!!) I've managed to find a really short clip of a couple of my throws that someone snuck out of the arena (I'm trying to find out if I know them!).

Any hoo, our big goal for the weekend was to showcase the sport and I think we did a pretty good job of that judging by the level of enquiry! Look forward to working with some of you to get the sport into other areas of the country!!

Tony and CK

Agility Dogs - thanks so much for your run down on CK, his performance and how you got the best out of him. You deserve a BIG pat on the back for turning what could have been a disaster into a memorable weekend.

Well done to both of you :eek:

WOW!!!! WHAT A WEEKEND - I AM NEVER GOING TO FORGET THE WORLD DOG GAMES!!!! This is a long post, but I am so excited about what we achieved and still buzzing after playing frisbee in front of 4500 people!!

Any hoo, our big goal for the weekend was to showcase the sport and I think we did a pretty good job of that judging by the level of enquiry! Look forward to working with some of you to get the sport into other areas of the country!!

Tony and CK

Congratulaitons Tony and CK - you did a great job with CK all weekend and I was extremely proud that CK was your priority!

Well done on your results - couldn't have staged a better finish then we got! Up to the final throw! :laugh:

Thanks all - seems the weekend has done Mr CK the world of good as well. His confidence has grown in leaps and bounds in the space of a week.

Off to conquer the world now! :D (I'd actually be happy with a couple of starters agiliity cards, but don't tell anyone!)

Well done Agility Dogs and Xena98 what awesome brags guys :)

A very minor brag in comparison but Riv got his second excellent agility pass last night and managed a first place too since we were the only ones who got a clear round :love:

My Brag isn't a Trial result for once but I'm still so proud!!

Denver and I have been working very hard on our contacts in order to take him to training being pretty much ready to head out of foundation class and into class with the big dogs!! and as well as that being a BC a solid contact is really important!!

Anyway started working with a 2o2o and was doing really well with it and today we headed over to another DOLersplace to play and I was amazed.. He's only 21 months old and he was doing a slightly lowerd aframe and hitting that 2o2o consistnatly and pretty much everytime!

but the big shock to me was he did a full sized dogwalk and got the contact this is the first time he has ever been on a fullsized!!! I was shocked!

This dog has given more in 12 weeks than what I was hoping to achieve in 12 months!! so proud of him!!

Watch out QLD Denver is gonna hit the ring in 2010~

My Brag isn't a Trial result for once but I'm still so proud!!

Denver and I have been working very hard on our contacts in order to take him to training being pretty much ready to head out of foundation class and into class with the big dogs!! and as well as that being a BC a solid contact is really important!!

Anyway started working with a 2o2o and was doing really well with it and today we headed over to another DOLersplace to play and I was amazed.. He's only 21 months old and he was doing a slightly lowerd aframe and hitting that 2o2o consistnatly and pretty much everytime!

but the big shock to me was he did a full sized dogwalk and got the contact this is the first time he has ever been on a fullsized!!! I was shocked!

This dog has given more in 12 weeks than what I was hoping to achieve in 12 months!! so proud of him!!

Watch out QLD Denver is gonna hit the ring in 2010~

Goodonya Smisch is Denver your new boy?