Goodbye My Precious Lucy

Bellatrix

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry, please look after yourself through this time. Please dont lay blame, Ive done that before and all it does is ad more heartache to the situation as it cant be changed.

Every animal is unpredictable in different situations and with different leaders. I hope you can all get to a point where you can grieve and share wonderful stories together without anger or ill feeling.

It is a hard road ahead for you, please embrace your supports as you will definately need them at some point.

Sorry. Rip little Babe :laugh:

Hi Bellatrix

I hope you are holding up okay. I am learning the first days are so unpredictable as to how we might feel or what might trigger emotional outbursts. We have just flown back into Australia and I have never endured such a long 20+ hours; tears welling in my eyes at any given moment, streaming down my face - at the thought of a happy Bozzy moment, or the terrible thought of him leaving this earth. What should have been utter excitement on the plane with the thought of being reunited with our happy little fella, was nothing but grief. When we got back home, the ugg boot he had chewed and loved, spun in circles and growled at, was on the verandah, his little swimming pool out the back full of dirty rainwater - he loved so much to hop in and out of that when he galloped his crazy laps around the yard. It's so hard for family and those close to him, especially OH who loved him so much and in a very special way. How Bozzy loved licking OH's face gleefully !! The person that was minding him for us on holiday was in fact his breeder and is going through his own terrible time, we all have our personal feelings of guilt and what ifs. We 'left' our pup to go on holiday, the accident that killed Boz was on his farm - but there is nothing to be gained in that; we will all get through it. There is no blame anywhere - we are trying to laugh, we are crying, and reading, but mostly remembering what a beautiful little life he had and how utterly simple things were for him, and are for all pups and dogs.

Today, I read this to OH from Marley and me which is particuarly moving and cathartic for us:-

He came into our lives just as we were trying to figure out what they would become. He joined us as we grappled with what every couple must eventually confront, the sometimes painful process of forging from two distinct pasts one shared future. He became part of our melded fabric, a tightly woven and inseperable strand into the weave that was us. Just as we had helped shape him into the family pet he would become, he helped to shape us, as well - as a couple, as parents, as animal lovers, as adults. Despite everything, all the disappointments and unmet expectations, Marley had given us a gift, at once priceless and free. He taught us the art of unqualified love. How to give it, how to accept it. Where there is that, most of the other pieces fall into place.

take care, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Boz's mum.

post-27126-1236823186_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for all your beautiful and heartfelt replies. It means so much to me to know that little Luce made her way into so many hearts. Each day is a new day, and every memory is never forgotten. When we got home that night from the vet we realised our clock had stopped. It stopped on 8:05. This was the time she was put to sleep. A friend of mine said that this was the time she reached heaven, I truely believe so and I know she is being well looked after, up at Rainbow Bridge... :rolleyes:

So sorry for your tragic loss of your beautiful Lucy :(:) I know how devastated and heartbroken you must be :):laugh: only time will heal the pain, but your memories of your beautiful and well loved little girl, will last a lifetime and she will be forever in your hearts :love: :

Bellatrix, I have tears streaming down my face after reading about Lucy. :laugh: I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. :)

Run free baby Lucy! :laugh:

I have too. :scold: Only time can help to heal & the sweet memories will over take the pain. :eek: RIP little Lycy.

I am so sorry for your loss. Having lost my GR Charlie at 7 months I feel your pain. I now have a Cav so I understand what a beautiful little dog they are and how precious she would of been to you.

:confused: RIP Lucy

It is awful when anyone of our loved ones, human or furkids, have to go to the Rainbow Bridge. Having recently lost my Hero Dad whom I cared for 24/7, and I stayed with him until God called him Home holding his hand, I know what you are going through.Knowing I could not "fix him" made it all that much harder

I have too lost a young pup at 9mths.

Lucy will always be with you

I'm new to the Forum and I knew reading RB would be heart breaking and I know have the tears soaking my sleeve to prove that.

Bellatrix I'm so sorry for your loss. Take heart in the knowledge that my Sasha will be looking after little Lucy over the RB. Just what Lucy needs, a big happy Dobie friend to run through the lush green Rainbow Bridge grass with and show her all the cool doggy spots.

Im sorry for your loss bellatrix.

I too am trying to make sense of my own sudden loss...it is hard.

I found a nice poem that I used on the other thread and thought id share it here also

Golden Memories

They say memories are golden, well, maybe that is true.

We never wanted memories, We only wanted you.

A million times I cried.

If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.

In life We loved you dearly, in death We love you still.

In our heart you hold a place no one else could fill.

If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane.

I'd walk the path to Heaven and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same.

But as God calls us back one by one, the chain will link again.

authour unknown.

another beautiful star shone in the heavens the day Lucy crossed the bridge.

I wish I could take the hurt away Carla, but I will keep her memory in my heart whenever I look at the stars.

Run free, beautiful, sweet girl.