Gomez Ate Soap...

This morning we came back from breakfast to find that Gomez had eaten a piece of a bar of soap, deodorant and moisturizing, nonetheless :D

Furthermore, his water dish was almost empty :rofl:

I spoke to the vet and poison control and both said keep an eye on him, may be some bubbly vomiting or runny poos...

He's running around like a loony and being normal, so for now, all is well...

Surely some other dog has eaten a bar of soap before?

Velvet soap was once used regularly as a wormer for dogs. I know many people who used to give a small amount of Velvet soap (size of a 10 c piece) to working farm dogs as thier only method for worming.

Don't think I would be too worried about dogs eating soap today - but with all the varieties around now - not sure.

Thanks all, he has been running around all afternoon and so far no ill effects - I keep waiting to see him bubbling away...

He even had the energy to stalk a squirrel today, and as Sezy has seen, that takes a lot of concentration!!!

I'm glad to see he is not the only one with an appetite for soap :D

Thanks all, he has been running around all afternoon and so far no ill effects - I keep waiting to see him bubbling away...

He even had the energy to stalk a squirrel today, and as Sezy has seen, that takes a lot of concentration!!!

I'm glad to see he is not the only one with an appetite for soap :rofl:

I can't believe that I went all the way round the world to meet Gomez and all he did was stalk squirrels.....

I miss New York!!

If he starts to bubble we want pic's. :D

Yes I have had a few fosters who have eaten whole small bars of soap - especially the fruity ones.

Have had no ill effects with them except now the soap lives elsewhere!

:laugh: Yep - my BC Fergus (:rolleyes: 23/19/09) was a soap eater. Didn't ever seem to do him any harm. Kirra has occasionally had a go, but current boy Rory doesn't seem interested - so I guess the soap could go back in the soap dish now. :(

Now, the toilet brush set is a whole nother matter with Rory.

there's always something .. :laugh:

He loved you before we got to park! But squirrels trump everything, even food!

He is a great little dog and after meeting him I can see why he has such a huge fan club... It was great to get my doggie fix while missing my own two.

I have had a few that liked to lick soap but Gina took the cake literally. :rolleyes: She scoffed a whole bar of Solvol soap and then vomitted up soapy slime and bubbles complete with the sandy grit that is in the Solvol to scour grease from hands. :( Didn't do her any harm at all.

I have had a few that liked to lick soap but Gina took the cake literally. :rolleyes: She scoffed a whole bar of Solvol soap and then vomitted up soapy slime and bubbles complete with the sandy grit that is in the Solvol to scour grease from hands. :( Didn't do her any harm at all.

OH yuk - Solvol :laugh: Ingrid ate some nice fruity stuff with no ill effects. She has also enjoyed tailors chalk :laugh:

Oh Kelly_Louise, giggle away, I can giggle now because he seems to be fine, but yesterday afternoon I wasn't giggling!!

He's not one of the dogs that chews on things or eats remotes and cell phones, so the fact that he pulled out the bar of soap from the trash can while we were out was totally out of character!

Now I'm giggling at the thought of Gomez walking down the street blowing bubbles from his tail!

:rofl:

Miss Helena, to complete the picture he got groomed also, so he's really clean, inside and out!