Goodbye My Darling Rex

rexiam

Have been having lots of problems with Rex my Retriever for the last few weeks....

He ended up at the vets again tonight and ended up having to be opened up. The vet has called me about 15 mins ago to tell me that what was suspect bloat was not :thumbsup: He was riddled through his intestines with large masses, possibly cancer. They wouldn't even begin to know where to start to fix him.

So now my boy has been PTS and I am devastated. :):cheer:

Rex you were the most gentle, sweet, fun loving, happy dog that I have ever have the privledge of owning. Master 3 says you were cute, friendly and cuddly and Miss 8 thinks you were always there for her when she fell over and was really kind.

I waited nearly 20 years to get a Golden Retriever and you were worth every minute of that wait. Your loving, giving nature will always be apart of our house and we will never forget you. We will always love you and treasure the 2 years and 4 months that we had you in our lives.

Tomorrow I am certain the world will not be as bright as it was today with you in it. We all know that you will be bounding over the brige looking for all your friends to play with. What will help us all is knowing that you will be pain free..

So farewell our special boy and we look forward to our cuddles on the other side. :laugh:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rexiam I am sorry what you have had to go through. This really hits me close to home what the vet found, but you gave him the best life a goldie could hope for. Give everyone a hug from me and i am in tears. I may not have met him, but i felt like i knew him.

:rofl: Rest In Peace Rex. Go find Lucy in Rainbow Bridge and play with her.

Thanks everyone. :rofl:

Tomorrow will be a hard one. We will pick him up from the vets and bring him home to be buried. Sam our Lab X can also say good bye. He will be buried next to our other special boy "saffie" the rabbit in my avatar. :p

You started me crying again rexiam, I'd managed to stop.... :rofl: I can't get our special Rex moments out of my head tonight, and am so pleased I was able to stop at your place this arvo and spend a little time with him. Talk to you tomorrow.

:cry: :cry: :p