June Photography Challenge

Ashanali

TLC: what state/area are you in?

I must make myself get out there on these cold nights.

My niece is studying photography in school now and we promised her we would go and do some night time shoots.

I am in Victoria a city on the great ocean road and I think i will just do what Shell did and pick a road where there is a few cars and have a go.

TN, Great shower shot!!

Kirislin, the pups look like they are having a ball. I love thier collars, are they special Whippet collars?

Edited by tlc

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Clover

Great photos everyone, i am loving this month. We have had a couple of sunny days the last few days, but i have been too busy to get much done. Tomorrow i am going with a friend to walk our dogs, so it will be a great excuse to shoot away.

My one ok shot for today, i only had the camera out about 10 mins.....

post-2703-1245250376_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clover

TLC: what state/area are you in?

I must make myself get out there on these cold nights.

My niece is studying photography in school now and we promised her we would go and do some night time shoots.

I am in Victoria a city on the great ocean road and I think i will just do what Shell did and pick a road where there is a few cars and have a go.

TN, Great shower shot!!

Kirislin, the pups look like they are having a ball. I love thier collars, are they special Whippet collars?

Yep, Pennys pretty stars and moon collar came from Hide and Collars in the UK, it cost alot but I love it. Feathers collar is one I made, the boys have just got cheapie wide greyhound collars that I cut down a bit, they only cost about $5 each I think.

Well, I finally managed a longer exposure streetscape, but it doesn't have the hustle and bustle of those in the city, more the slow leisurely amble of a country town.

3637073719_ffcf45faab_b.jpg

3637227737_5fcc9a6e64_b.jpg

3637228363_0eb5829cce_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

well we have just been down at the rugby club on our way home from school and i let the boy have a run..

sorry bout the quality but i was shooting into the sun and i tried to edit the brightness as best i could...

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC000371.jpg

And just cos i wanna show him off lol

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

Lea, your daughter is so pretty she has a very sweet face!! great panning shot.

Clover, In your shot it looks like your doggies are laying sitll till I actually enlarged it, they look ready for action!!

Toolz, great shots, love the last one so cute!!

Kirislin, Love the street scappe The one where everyone is foggy and all the fruit in focus it is great and fab colors!!

TN, that drop of milk is so well done, how many shots did it take you to get it right?

Well guess what today I had a go at panning, you can let me know what you think. Im thinking not to bad for my first attempt.

Kirislin, you will appreciate this, a young Whippet boy named Jack came along and just had a ball running and my lot (apart fromt he princess) and Mawson had a ball chasing him. Then a great dane came along and they all had a play.

So here they are, I think they are ok.

DSC_0035-1.jpg

DSC_0036-3.jpg

DSC_0034-4.jpg

DSC_0018-4.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg

DSC_0043-2.jpg

DSC_0062-4.jpg

DSC_0063-2.jpg

DSC_0064-2.jpg

Edited by tlc

TN, that drop of milk is so well done, how many shots did it take you to get it right?

Thanks... That was the 5th shot or so... It was hard trying to pour milk AND take the photo at the same time!! I spilled a bit... :rofl:

Tlc, I love your panning shots. Yours are better than any of mine and I've been trying for about a year!!!! You did a fantastic job. :laugh: I can see how much fun they all had. I like the one where one of your dogs is trying to cut Jack off. I know the body language so well in that one. The slower dog waits its chance, sometimes the whippet will slow a bit to tease the chaser and then just goes up a gear and whoosh!

The whole set of pics just exudes fun!

I love the whippy shots they always look like they are having a wow of a time! TerraNik your pictures are beautiful...so sharp. Love the pic chezzyr . Its wonderful what everyones come up with in this challenge. I havent any confidence in moving shots, but I snapped this one of Luci playing with new pup. I laughed when I saw her aerodynamic ears!

m_DSC_1024.jpg

Edited by redangel