Leo Ear Cleaner - Replacement

Thought this might be of interest to some (from Vet-n-Pet Direct):

Good news for people that used to love Leo Ear Cleaner that became unavailable in Australia a couple of years ago. Just released is a new product called Milo's Ear Cleanser with the same formula as the old Leo.

Perfect for dogs that get wet ears and Milo's claims over 80% wax removal, more than any other registered brand on the market.

Hi,

My Lab has a yeast ear infection (vet diagnosed) which I am treating with epiotic ear cleaner and dermotic.

The epiotic is too harsh and is causing redness and what looks like chaffing to the ear.

Would Milo's be better as it will dry up the ear and not leave the ear wet like the epiotic?

Because of the alcohol content would it sting badly and end up being counter productive? Could it cause more problems?

Thanks

Hi,

My Lab has a yeast ear infection (vet diagnosed) which I am treating with epiotic ear cleaner and dermotic.

The epiotic is too harsh and is causing redness and what looks like chaffing to the ear.

Would Milo's be better as it will dry up the ear and not leave the ear wet like the epiotic?

Because of the alcohol content would it sting badly and end up being counter productive? Could it cause more problems?

Thanks

I was advised by a Poodle Breeder not to use Leo Ear Cleaner as it can cause the ear to blister. But having said that I have just now ordered Milo as I have Poodle ears that I treat all the time. So I am going to try it.

Has anyone else heard it can cause poodle ears to blister? I was considering getting some but now I'm not sure.

standardpoodle please let us know how you go, I hope it is ok for your poodle.

Edited by Baby Dragon

Has anyone else heard it can cause poodle ears to blister? I was considering getting some but now I'm not sure.

I will keep you posted once I have got it and given it a go. I clean my Poodle girls ears twice a week. I will also email the Poodle breeder and ask more questions as to why?

I always used Leo's and when it was discontinued I kept the bottles and put epiotic in them. I have two standard poodles and a toy and one of the standards has terrible ear problems. I will keep a look out for this new one and see how it goes, thanks for the tip

Report this to your Vet. If it were me, I'd discontinue with its use immediately, but I'd definitely look to my Vet for a suitable but more soothing alternative.

Edited by Erny

I used Leo for years with no problems, I was quite miffed when it became unavailable.

It is possible for any dog to have a reaction to any product that is used, I certainly wouldn't blame the product, just like humans animals can have allergies or sensitivities to an ingredient and react badly.

I will certainly be giving the Milo a go.

I will keep you posted once I have got it and given it a go. I clean my Poodle girls ears twice a week. I will also email the Poodle breeder and ask more questions as to why?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Thanks

I was advised by a Poodle Breeder not to use Leo Ear Cleaner as it can cause the ear to blister. But having said that I have just now ordered Milo as I have Poodle ears that I treat all the time. So I am going to try it.

I have standard poodles plus have a friend who has been breeding standards for over 40years - always swore by Leo. Both of us have had problems with dogs allergic (or bad reaction anyway) to the EpiOtic so won't be using that again. I have just used the Bayer Clean Ear Solution on my boy who has a recurring ear problem and he seems to be coping with this one just fine. Do miss the Leo though.

• 3 weeks later...