Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

I tried to put up a deluxe myself and failed :D Did the whole nail in one corner and shimmy it out, but I failed :D It might be easier with a compact though. I went the deluxe as OH and I often camp out in ours at shows so wanted a bit of room to move.

Pull it out as far as you can. Then get underneath it and push it up in the middle.

Almost like you shake it up - that pushes it out.

Then you go and push up each corner and click them in.

Then peg 4 legs down.

I can lift two legs up at once by standing in the middle on a side and pushing up.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tried to put up a deluxe myself and failed :D Did the whole nail in one corner and shimmy it out, but I failed :D It might be easier with a compact though. I went the deluxe as OH and I often camp out in ours at shows so wanted a bit of room to move.

Pull it out as far as you can. Then get underneath it and push it up in the middle.

Almost like you shake it up - that pushes it out.

Then you go and push up each corner and click them in.

Then peg 4 legs down.

I can lift two legs up at once by standing in the middle on a side and pushing up.

Oh cool thanks :) Will try that next time I go along solo.

would it be daggy for me to just get something like this:

http://www.camping-r-us.com.au/Items/12944...20Screen%20Dome

? I just think I need something a little easier to get up :laugh: ..and you can get these in a pop up version. But I don't want to be known as the show dag either, i'm already going to be known as "the one with know idea and is obviously a complete numpty" lol.

Yeh I couldn't find a picture online of another one I looked at, the other one is "pop up" so you don't have to put it all together, the side screens are all detachable aswell. (I will be the first to say I can't put up a tent let alone anything that remotely resembles one :laugh: )

I dunno. Might go out looking and get some demonstrations in the shop. Then practice at home and not take it to a show until i've got it down pact. I'll just hang out in Leo's crate with him :laugh:

Jess I got really good prices locally for the gazebos if you want em?

I got home today to find a delux in the lounge room from hubby - he figured we could use it for camping and picnics with the kids but its HUGE!! I think I may swap it for a standard 3x3 or compact

bec

The deluxe is the same size as the standard (3 x 3). Keep it as it gives you more room if you need it in the future.

the 3x3 size is what I want but its the size of the delux packed - I dont think I would fit it in the car - the standard is still 3x3 but 30cm shorter. How do you fit yours in your car poocow?? I have a forester but kids in the back seat dont think I could manage this one lol

Bec

The deluxe is the same size as the standard (3 x 3). Keep it as it gives you more room if you need it in the future.

the 3x3 size is what I want but its the size of the delux packed - I dont think I would fit it in the car - the standard is still 3x3 but 30cm shorter. How do you fit yours in your car poocow?? I have a forester but kids in the back seat dont think I could manage this one lol

Bec

I have a forester too! I have roof racks so it goes on those. It does fit in the car by standing it in the foot well. Freckles and I fit the gazebo, 2 dogs and 2 kids plus all our gear in the car before I got the racks.

Hmm but if hubby was on call and got called away (has happened before) can you just imagine shorty me hoisting it up on the roof racks ha ha it would prob only fall off after :) Hubby just got home and I asked why the delux he said the shop had em all set up and it seemed so much stronger??

$150 compact

$170 standard 3x3

$240 delux 3x3

Jess I got really good prices locally for the gazebos if you want em?

I got home today to find a delux in the lounge room from hubby - he figured we could use it for camping and picnics with the kids but its HUGE!! I think I may swap it for a standard 3x3 or compact

bec

I just got the oztrail catalogue, they've got the compact for 150$ and the beach style gazebo (which claims it is a pop up style) for 130$ (they are both 240cm x 240cm)..I dunno which I should go for. The beach style one doesn't say height, if it's miniature I won't even consider it, I wanna be able to stand up lol, but if it's decent height i'm tossing up whether to get that as like i've mentioned i'm useless and pop up would be more my style :)

off to test the gazebo vs car........

Jess - honestly - pop up or not go the gazebo. I will be at the local shows and dont normally hit the ring till 1.5 or 2 hrs after jusdging starts in ring 1. If youre stuck come get me or txt me - happy to help. Or set up the day before so at least your dont look silly in front of anyone :)

I have seen the ark do it and she did fine :p made it look easy

Bec

haha ok. I will just have practice runs in the backyard then! I think it is my lack of patience that gets me too with these things. Now just to dip into my savings..again..I guess :)

I had an episode of crate versus car when it arrived- an inch bigger and it wouldn't have been getting in there. the worst about big dogs everything is giant sized!

I have been following this thread avidly..... I've been looking at gazebos v screen rooms too

I didn't want to look like a show dag either :love:

I'm solo but have the feeling someone will lend a hand if I get stuck and the kids will have to live with the fact the gazebo stays in the lounge room til i get it right !!! :(

At what age puppy did everyone start to exhibit....is it a good idea to start in the sweepstakes( baby puppy) for practice for both of us?

Did anyone else feel like a total fish out of water.... And how the hell do I get me, a crate, gazebo, esky, chair grooming stuff from the carpark to the ring side? I have images of pack horse style me dragging half and the rest loaded on my back :laugh: ...

It all sounds like soooo much fun !!!! Looking forward to lots of fun

I personally like doing sweepies as it gives Morgie a bit of a fun experience - especially as I more often than not never have anyone else in my breed there.

For a show you'll need:

- crate/trolley

- grooming stuff - I bought a plastic tool box from kmart to store mine in

- shade - either a gazebo, tent or a beach umbrella

- number holder

- show lead

- water (just in case the water available isnt of drinking quality)

- food

- chair

Haha undecided, I am exactly the same! And I feel like a complete fish out of water.

You have a Bull terrier right? You will be like me with Leo (Bullmastiff) barely no grooming requirements which is fantastic!! I don't take any grooming equipment to the show (besides a rake to get rid of the lose hair) I take a water bottle (the spray ones), and a cloth (though, drool wouldn't be much of a factor for you I don't think)

We only just started showing, Leo is 5 months old, and I think he did ok coming out now, but, I would def get your kid in before 6 months old. But we started going to show training at 3 1/2 months. We didn't do any sweepies, mainly because the BM champ show didn't have them, and the show last weekend had enough Bullys entered to give him experience running with other dogs. We have entered one for next month though. I think it's all personal choice- if you think you'se will benefit go for it!

Poocow is right about the water, I take my own water..Simply because you don't know. Better to keep them on what they're used to drinking aswell.

The shows we have been at we have been able to park virtually next to where we were setting up, so the loads are heavy but not far. Don't forget the dog, don't leave the dog at home! lol.

Where abouts are you? I hope oneday i get to meet the little fella, I love Bull terriers. :rofl:

How many inches is his neck? If you need, I have an extra fine check chain, I think it is about 22inches. Leo is getting too big for it, and i'm scared of it snapping on me so I don't use it (I dunno how strong they are, dunno if I wanna take the chance! bloody 20$ chain for two uses totally not worth it!)

Edited by Jessm

Hey everyone..

we've just got our newest baby Wei 'Max' who is being shown. His first show is at Geraldton on the 24th October.

Here's a 9 week old photo of him stacked. I don't think he likes being stacked too much (well up on a table - probably height thing) starts shaking and sitting that pretty butt down! trying to make it as fun as possible and keeping sessions really short.

Have been reading with interest.

We love him veeeruh muchly!!

post-24975-1253674183_thumb.jpg