Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

No good last night in group Poocow? Who got BIG and RUBIG in Gundogs?

Nah she got such a good look at though, but it went to the Hungarian.

BIG - Wei

RUBIG - Golden

Bugger! Thanks for the results, do you know who the Golden was? Good luck tonight.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good grief I honestly cannot believe that I'm about to post this but ..... I'm pretty sure I'm going to give showing a go this year.... ;)

I have a new little GSP coming in a few weeks (squeeeeee! :rofl: ) and his breeder has asked if I would like to show him as a puppy .....

I never ever thought I would consider showing a dog but I'm really starting to get a bit interested (Rugerfly has a lot to answer for on this front! :laugh: )

So I'm alost 100% certain I'm going to give it a go - I mean surely the fact that he will be an adorable puppy should mean everyone is watching him rather than what a fool I'm going to make of myself at the other end of the lead surely?

So I'll be showing at Hillsborough mainly I think .... maybe if there is another show close by I might try there but definitely giving Hillsborough a go - he will be 3mths at the end of Feb so it will be after then ....

Now I have to come along and see exactly whats involved cause I seriously have almost no idea what I'm supposed to be doing so I've sent an email back to his breeder with a bucket load of questions!

H ......... E .......... L .............P.............. :mad

Edited by FionaC

Fiona, You'll be fine, everyone in here is a fantastic help, and a fair few of us are in newy, We sucessfully survived our first show ever last month with my new Aussie shepherd bitch.. You'll be fine!

Me thinks we'll need a get together for Peach to play with the newbie! :welcome:

Thats awesome Fiona, I will see you round the gundog ring HEHE Kite likes playing with GSP's whats your new kids name? Dotty is right thou there are a fair few of us newy pepz around, and everyone is very very helpful. I have found the gundog ring alot of fun, more fun than the toy ring but I do love my pugs so gotta do what a girls gotta do!

Actually is any one interested in a get together before the next show for a mini training session? (the hills bro show that is)

Holy cow poocow... thats alot of shows, good luck with them all!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

No good last night in group Poocow? Who got BIG and RUBIG in Gundogs?

Nah she got such a good look at though, but it went to the Hungarian.

BIG - Wei

RUBIG - Golden

Bugger! Thanks for the results, do you know who the Golden was? Good luck tonight.

I didn't look at the number sorry :welcome:

It's gotten really cold here and it's drizzling. Have to take Moo in for group then I'm outta here!

I sure am! Though it would probably have to be in the afternoon for me to make it, working a whole heap this week and next week..

Havent done much practicing since Morissett so really should drag the show lead out and get my butt back into gear..

I sure am! Though it would probably have to be in the afternoon for me to make it, working a whole heap this week and next week..

Havent done much practicing since Morissett so really should drag the show lead out and get my butt back into gear..

Arvos are best for me too! Ive done alittle stacking work but that about it...show training will be back on soon...wonder if its on this week! :welcome:

Arvos are best for me too! Ive done alittle stacking work but that about it...show training will be back on soon...wonder if its on this week! :welcome:

ahhh so that was my first question .... when/where is show training on? - I won't have the little one home until end of January (at the moment his name is still undecided) so do I just bring along another dog to use until he is old enough to come to training? I have Morty at home, he's 18mths old and occasionally has moments of maturity......

and um show leads? where do they come from?

ahhh so that was my first question .... when/where is show training on? - I won't have the little one home until end of January (at the moment his name is still undecided) so do I just bring along another dog to use until he is old enough to come to training? I have Morty at home, he's 18mths old and occasionally has moments of maturity......

and um show leads? where do they come from?

leads come from the show lead gods hehe no seriously thou find out what lead his breeder recommends and then look around for one and wether he needs to be shown or a chain or just a slip lead.

Well, me and Dotty do different show training to the other guys cause we are up the valley but the guys that do hillsbro will be along shortly I'd say to let you know times, I know its tuesday's but thats all I know!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

I have a feeling it is. has it been two weeks since we were there? I'll just turn up and hope for the best.. LOL if it isn't if your up for it we can have a practice on our own!

Fiona, Sammy and I live in Kurri and Cessnock, so go to Cessnock for training, but others go to Hillsborough, I have a feeling that its on every second tuesday evening, Im sure someone will be able to help you with that!

I have a snake chain for my girl, borrowed from a doler, but you can buy show leads online or at some shows!

Now will it be you or your OH showing?

Im hopefully dragging OH along this week Sammy so the blue boofer should be there as well, great news is he is going through a major coat drop so his fuzzybutt is disappearing!!

woohoo Fiona!! cant wait to meet your new lil man, Showing has been heaps of fun and like some of the others here our second dog is going to be s showy too :) Hopefully she will come along soon :dancingelephant:

We have another member of the newy newbies :) Show training has been on christmas break and starts back at 6.30pm tues 19th. Trainer is Nicky Lane and you sign up when you turn up :dancingelephant: very casual bring treats if you need to and when its your turn just explain this is your stand in doggy (lil morty). I have the naughty black and white mop - you'll hear Nicky ask for the naughty one or shitty bum (last time he pooped and sat in it so i put his bum under the tap - hence the new name ) so make sure you say hi :dancingelephant: everyone is friendly :welcome: Might be worth the trip to hillsborough on the weekend before for the shows (15th,16th,17th) to check em out. theres a heap of us in the toy ring who'd love to say hi and it really is worth trying to catch your own breed being judged a few times before you show to see whats expected :cool:

Bec

OI!!! SAMMY!

so gun dog ring is cooler is it??? NICE!!! And toby shows you so much love too......

:welcome::):)

LOL Well yes but no...I find showing Kite more FUN than showing the pugs BUT what I should have said was also that all the coolest people ahng round the toy ring LOL

woohoo Fiona!! cant wait to meet your new lil man, Showing has been heaps of fun and like some of the others here our second dog is going to be s showy too :dancingelephant: Hopefully she will come along soon :dancingelephant:

We have another member of the newy newbies :) Show training has been on christmas break and starts back at 6.30pm tues 19th. Trainer is Nicky Lane and you sign up when you turn up :cool: very casual bring treats if you need to and when its your turn just explain this is your stand in doggy (lil morty). I have the naughty black and white mop - you'll hear Nicky ask for the naughty one or shitty bum (last time he pooped and sat in it so i put his bum under the tap - hence the new name ) so make sure you say hi :rofl: everyone is friendly :welcome: Might be worth the trip to hillsborough on the weekend before for the shows (15th,16th,17th) to check em out. theres a heap of us in the toy ring who'd love to say hi and it really is worth trying to catch your own breed being judged a few times before you show to see whats expected :rofl:

Bec

thanks Bec .... I'll be there on the 19th then with Morty (although at 32kgs I don't think lil is possibly the word I'd use to describe him :dancingelephant: )

I'll be there on the weekend of the show, from memory my partner and I have volunteered for Stewarding duty on the Obedience side of things (its a huge show that weekend) for the Friday and Saturday night .... if you can let me know the showing schedule (in particular Gundogs - and Toy's of course so I can come and say hi) then I'll arrange to head over the bridge for that time :rofl:

Thanks everyone :)

woohoo Fiona!! cant wait to meet your new lil man, Showing has been heaps of fun and like some of the others here our second dog is going to be s showy too :dancingelephant: Hopefully she will come along soon :dancingelephant:

We have another member of the newy newbies :) Show training has been on christmas break and starts back at 6.30pm tues 19th. Trainer is Nicky Lane and you sign up when you turn up :cool: very casual bring treats if you need to and when its your turn just explain this is your stand in doggy (lil morty). I have the naughty black and white mop - you'll hear Nicky ask for the naughty one or shitty bum (last time he pooped and sat in it so i put his bum under the tap - hence the new name ) so make sure you say hi :rofl: everyone is friendly :welcome: Might be worth the trip to hillsborough on the weekend before for the shows (15th,16th,17th) to check em out. theres a heap of us in the toy ring who'd love to say hi and it really is worth trying to catch your own breed being judged a few times before you show to see whats expected :rofl:

Bec

thanks Bec .... I'll be there on the 19th then with Morty (although at 32kgs I don't think lil is possibly the word I'd use to describe him :dancingelephant: )

I'll be there on the weekend of the show, from memory my partner and I have volunteered for Stewarding duty on the Obedience side of things (its a huge show that weekend) for the Friday and Saturday night .... if you can let me know the showing schedule (in particular Gundogs - and Toy's of course so I can come and say hi) then I'll arrange to head over the bridge for that time :rofl:

Thanks everyone :)

Maybe if you want Fiona give someone your mobile number then they can text you when GSPs are almost on? And also group if you want to watch that?

okay I am in for training. This week I can do almost any arvo but no laughing at Toby's feet.

I am .....um grooming challenged...................... His feet looked liked they belonged on a yeti so I *tidied* them with book on grooming table and all I can say is poor poor toby :):rofl::rofl:

Am happy to text you Fiona, we set up right by the gundog ring, I've got a Field and GSPs follow me in :rofl:

thanks! - I'll flick you a pm with it closer to the date ..... I'd love to meet your Field Spaniel ..... always wanted to meet one since I first heard about them being used for truffle hunting down south! :)