Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

kites entered this weekend but sitting her out because she's injured herself as some know she was being difficult last weekend an after talking to a few people and having her looked at by a few people we figured out she is abit sore in her back leg muscle!

So just pugs for me this weekend and the princess will stay home because we all know how exciteable she is as soon as she sees her fave people and fave doggies! So she will get a nice two week rest and hopefully be all good by stroud!

Congrads on the wins LOTG...sounds like you guys are doing well! there were two lowchens at hills last weekend normally you dont see many if any!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrads on the wins LOTG...sounds like you guys are doing well! there were two lowchens at hills last weekend normally you dont see many if any!

I'm getting used to feeling lonely... lol... but we're a third of the way to Lola's title :laugh: and our first show was January so we can't be doing too badly.

I'm not expecting much in the next couple of weeks, Lola still doesn't have her full coat, but there will be some competition to look at *yay*

Hi Show People,

Was just given a pointer that some of you may be able to help me (thanks sammy_ballerina)

I'm brand spanking new to showing & so is my 3 month Finnish Lapphund. We had our first crack at it on the weekend and now I'm hooked! Can any of you please tell me details for show training classes at Castle Hill- I know they exist but can not get any contact details anywhere.

Much appreciated!

Welcome!!!! :rofl:

Poocow and Goldenwei do show training at castle hill...I think they do anyway...not sure who else, but I'm sure they will be along soon enough to tell you all about it!!!

Can I request some pics of you puppy? Have met a couple of Lappies now and :confused: is all I have to say about that!

Our third show is this weekend, and yep, am hooked too.

I think there is show training at Castle Hill on Tuesday nights at 7:30om. I go to Luci Ellem out at Austral, however I believe she has finished for the next month so classes won't be happening until after ANZAC weekend.... Poocow maybe able to confirm that though, I didn't go this week. Where abouts are you located mentmint? Oh, and Welcome :laugh:

I go to show training at Castle Hill and yes it is on Tuesday nights at 7.30pm. Cost is $5 and goes till 8.30pm. It is more dog socialization that show training. It's not as full on as at Lucy's. We walk the dogs around, stack them, walk some more, stack them. Then we weave in between the dogs so that the little dogs can get used to the big dogs and the big dogs can get used to the little dogs and stop thinking of them as breakfast :whiteflag: We continue doing this until about 8pm when we split up into 2 groups. Big dogs down one end and little dogs up the other end with the table. We do some table work, triangles and up & backs. Do this for about half an hour and then it's home time.

I must say that the ladies who run it are very nice and if you need to concentrate on something in particular, they will do that for you. It is not just for babies and there are a lot of afghans there as well. There is also flyball on Tuesday nights at Castle Hill and they can get very loud, so this is also good socialization for the dogs. They tend to be bullet proof after a few weeks there.

We also have the advantage if it is raining, we can go undercover in the toy ring.

Good luck LoTG :laugh:

We have 3 shows this weekend too, am hoping its not too hot.

Which 3 are you doing, poocow???

Bay City @ Hillsborough

See you there - at some stage! I'm a bit overrun with children here at the moment, and don't know that I will be able to get them up and about early enough to make the morning show. :confused: I'll see if my mother-in-law might be kind enough to come and stay tonight so that the kids can sleep in. I used to have a bit of time to get to the shows, too, showing a Min Pin and even a Maremma - it's the A dogs that are the problem for someone who is always pushing deadlines. :whiteflag:

Good luck LoTG :laugh:

We have 3 shows this weekend too, am hoping its not too hot.

Which 3 are you doing, poocow???

Bay City @ Hillsborough

See you there - at some stage! I'm a bit overrun with children here at the moment, and don't know that I will be able to get them up and about early enough to make the morning show. :confused: I'll see if my mother-in-law might be kind enough to come and stay tonight so that the kids can sleep in. I used to have a bit of time to get to the shows, too, showing a Min Pin and even a Maremma - it's the A dogs that are the problem for someone who is always pushing deadlines. :whiteflag:

Lol just leave Dragon with me :rofl:

See you there - at some stage! I'm a bit overrun with children here at the moment, and don't know that I will be able to get them up and about early enough to make the morning show. :) I'll see if my mother-in-law might be kind enough to come and stay tonight so that the kids can sleep in. I used to have a bit of time to get to the shows, too, showing a Min Pin and even a Maremma - it's the A dogs that are the problem for someone who is always pushing deadlines. ;)

This is one of the reasons why I no longer show B for Bearded Collie and now show H for Havanese and S for Schipperke (what a joy that one is) ;)

At this stage not all shows offer neuter classes. This might change after 1 July with the introduction of the Neuter Championship.

Neuter classes:

15 - puppy neuter

16 - junior neuter

17 - intermediate neuter

18 - open neuter

An A is added after the class number for bitches.

At the moment if clubs are offering neuter classes they only seem to be offering Class 18. We don't get that many here in NSW but it might be different in SA.

Thanks poocow, Pebbles would be in open A, I think, she's 2 1/2 y.o, at least I know more than I did yesterday ;) ;).

Thanks poocow, Pebbles would be in open A, I think, she's 2 1/2 y.o, at least I know more than I did yesterday ;) ;).

At 2 1/2 you could put her in intermediate if you wished, that is 18 mths to 3 years. But open is also fine.

Hi Show People,

Was just given a pointer that some of you may be able to help me (thanks sammy_ballerina)

I'm brand spanking new to showing & so is my 3 month Finnish Lapphund. We had our first crack at it on the weekend and now I'm hooked! Can any of you please tell me details for show training classes at Castle Hill- I know they exist but can not get any contact details anywhere.

Much appreciated!

Poocow and Goldenwei do show training at castle hill...I think they do anyway...not sure who else, but I'm sure they will be along soon enough to tell you all about it!!!

Can I request some pics of you puppy? Have met a couple of Lappies now and :angel: is all I have to say about that!

I think there is show training at Castle Hill on Tuesday nights at 7:30om. I go to Luci Ellem out at Austral, however I believe she has finished for the next month so classes won't be happening until after ANZAC weekend.... Poocow maybe able to confirm that though, I didn't go this week. Where abouts are you located mentmint? Oh, and Welcome :(

I go to show training at Castle Hill and yes it is on Tuesday nights at 7.30pm. Cost is $5 and goes till 8.30pm. It is more dog socialization that show training. It's not as full on as at Lucy's. We walk the dogs around, stack them, walk some more, stack them. Then we weave in between the dogs so that the little dogs can get used to the big dogs and the big dogs can get used to the little dogs and stop thinking of them as breakfast :D We continue doing this until about 8pm when we split up into 2 groups. Big dogs down one end and little dogs up the other end with the table. We do some table work, triangles and up & backs. Do this for about half an hour and then it's home time.

I must say that the ladies who run it are very nice and if you need to concentrate on something in particular, they will do that for you. It is not just for babies and there are a lot of afghans there as well. There is also flyball on Tuesday nights at Castle Hill and they can get very loud, so this is also good socialization for the dogs. They tend to be bullet proof after a few weeks there.

We also have the advantage if it is raining, we can go undercover in the toy ring.

Havasneeze. Are they having a break over Easter at all. Luci is finished now for 4 weeks, but I think it would be good to get Willow up at CH for a couple of weeks.

Hey everyone long time since I've been in here thought I would update with our progress..

We have moved from WA, back to Orange, central NSW, and we have been hitting a few shows around the country circuit. This weekend was Lithgow and we got our best win to date - a 9 point BOB!! I shed a little tear I was so happy with him. Here is our stacking in group and a moving shot!!! Max is 8 months..

P3281646.jpg

P3281641.jpg

P3281587.jpg

Hi Show People,

Much appreciated!

Can I request some pics of you puppy? Have met a couple of Lappies now and :) is all I have to say about that!

I think there is show training at Castle Hill on Tuesday nights at 7:30om. I go to Luci Ellem out at Austral, however I believe she has finished for the next month so classes won't be happening until after ANZAC weekend.... Poocow maybe able to confirm that though, I didn't go this week. Where abouts are you located mentmint? Oh, and Welcome :rofl:

I go to show training at Castle Hill and yes it is on Tuesday nights at 7.30pm. Cost is $5 and goes till 8.30pm. It is more dog socialization that show training. It's not as full on as at Lucy's. We walk the dogs around, stack them, walk some more, stack them. Then we weave in between the dogs so that the little dogs can get used to the big dogs and the big dogs can get used to the little dogs and stop thinking of them as breakfast :) We continue doing this until about 8pm when we split up into 2 groups. Big dogs down one end and little dogs up the other end with the table. We do some table work, triangles and up & backs. Do this for about half an hour and then it's home time.

Havasneeze. Are they having a break over Easter at all. Luci is finished now for 4 weeks, but I think it would be good to get Willow up at CH for a couple of weeks.

As far as I know, there is no break for Easter. If I find out differently I will let you know.

Hey everyone long time since I've been in here thought I would update with our progress..

We have moved from WA, back to Orange, central NSW, and we have been hitting a few shows around the country circuit. This weekend was Lithgow and we got our best win to date - a 9 point BOB!! I shed a little tear I was so happy with him. Here is our stacking in group and a moving shot!!! Max is 8 months..

P3281646.jpg

P3281641.jpg

P3281587.jpg

nice work! hes looking good!

:rofl: gonna send off toby's paperwork tomorrow so excited :)

Toby was co-owned with his breeder for breeding but as a surprise gift for doing well with him they have signed toby 100% over to us ;) I think the greater compliment was the thought behind it when she said she trusts us to do right by our dog but more importantly the breed !

Our boy is now really our boy - although his breeder will always call herself grandma LOL :rofl: :rofl:

HUGE :) to flik and andrew for your trust and encouragement!!

:) gonna send off toby's paperwork tomorrow so excited :kissbetter:

Toby was co-owned with his breeder for breeding but as a surprise gift for doing well with him they have signed toby 100% over to us :D I think the greater compliment was the thought behind it when she said she trusts us to do right by our dog but more importantly the breed !

Our boy is now really our boy - although his breeder will always call herself grandma LOL :o:laugh:

HUGE ;) to flik and andrew for your trust and encouragement!!

Congratulations, Bec and Rich & Toby! I think the trust has been well-earned as you have done a great job with your boy so far. :) You should be very proud!

I can't believe he is the same little puppy I saw! :kissbetter: Lincoln will be huge soon too.

A 9 point BOB is awesome well done :)

Thankyou deb. I'm quite sure we would be having as much fun without our friends!!!

Flik has always been willing to help the newbie :D she very gently pushed encouraged me into the showing ring. ;) I am so glad she did :kissbetter:

;) gonna send off toby's paperwork tomorrow so excited :)

Toby was co-owned with his breeder for breeding but as a surprise gift for doing well with him they have signed toby 100% over to us :) I think the greater compliment was the thought behind it when she said she trusts us to do right by our dog but more importantly the breed !

Our boy is now really our boy - although his breeder will always call herself grandma LOL :D :o

HUGE :laugh: to flik and andrew for your trust and encouragement!!

Congratulations, Bec and Rich & Toby! I think the trust has been well-earned as you have done a great job with your boy so far. ;) You should be very proud!

:kissbetter::) ;) :laugh:

you look like youre working as a team :o and congrats on the BOB!! woohoo!!

P3281646.jpg

P3281641.jpg

P3281587.jpg