Rip Scamp

Mooper

Mum called this morning to say our beloved Scamp (by name and nature) was PTS yesterday with a massive tumour on his liver. It must have been so aggressive ... it just came out of nowhere, but we hope that means he wasn't in pain for long. He went off his food last week, dropped some weight and condition, and went straight to the vet. That day, Thursday, lumps began appearing everywhere. The vet offered to give him pain medication and send him home, but mum and dad knew it was time to say goodbye.

Scamp came to us from a farm as a very young puppy, in 1995. His mother had been run over by a tractor when he was very young and he seemed to have no idea how to be a dog. Our family cat, Misty, taught him how to be a cat instead :)

He turned 14 in March. We never thought he'd make it that far. We nearly lost him as a pup, with the Weston Creek vet taking him home overnight to make sure he made it through a mystery illness. He had a second brush with death when bitten by a snake a few years back. And more recently he nearly choked on a chicken wing. But it wasn't his time until yesterday.

Rest in peace, little man. Your mate Chloe misses you as much as we all do.

xx

post-2583-1247884248_thumb.jpg

post-2583-1247884258_thumb.jpg

:) so sad for you Moops.

What a little cutie he was, and the cat must have taught him about the many lives of a cat too - he certainly gave you all many frights. But got to a lovely age.

hope his little mate is not missing him too much.

many hugs from fifi, danny & hounds xxxx

Oh Moops, I'm so very sorry :eek: What a beautiful boy he was, and what a wonderful age! And yes, it sounds like his condition came on so rapidly that he would not have been in pain for long.

Run free Scamp, watch over your family who are missing you :)

What sad news Moops :D . Scamp seemed much younger than his years, so he must have thoroughly enjoyed his life.

My first kitty also had liver cancer. It also was very, very quick and was very nasty. Your Mum and Dad did the right thing.

Bye bye Scamp :confused:

Thank you, BMP. You were one of the few locals who met the little man.

I'll never forget this lovely photo that your OH took of Scamp when you brought Rupert (your first foster?) around for a playdate:

post-2583-1248847696_thumb.jpg

I said goodbye to Scamp, in a weird way, this morning. I had a dream, just before I woke up, that he climbed on my lap and curled up, sitting there just looking up at me while I stroked him and said goodbye. I woke up sobbing, but it felt good to say goodbye. It seemed so realistic ;) I was probably stroking my OH's head in my sleep ;)