Ccd

I probaby didn't search hard enough, but I found some stuff on the net about CCD and was wondering if this was correct. The following is what I found and the numbers represent the max points that can be gained.

Heel on Lead 30

Stand For Examination on lead 10

Recall 20

1 minute Sit Stay 20

2 minute Down Stay 20

MAXIMUM SCORE 100

Less deduction for misbehaviour

QUALIFYING SCORE 75

Once your dog has gained 3 qualifying scores of 75 points or more you are now eligible to apply for the Title - Community Companion Dog (C.C.D.).

I have some questions, how old does a dog have to be to compete?

Is the only stand the stand for examination or is there stands throughout the heeling and if so how many and are they seperate to the sits in phases or are they mixed up within the heel on lead.

How far is the recall?

1 min sit and stay - where is the handler standing? is it on or offlead?

2 min drop and stay - where is the handler standing? is it on or offlead?

Looks about right. Try this link: ANKC RULES and click the link for the obedience rules and that should really help explain some of your questions and how it all runs!

As for the heel work, most judges will do one sit, one stand and one drop in each of the three paces (slow, normal and fast) plus a few extra sits in the figure of eight. But you might encounter some judges that shorten or lengthen their heel patterns a bit.

Everything in CCD is on lead except for the stays where you will be standing in front of your dog facing from a couple of meters away.

Everything in CCD is on lead except for the stays where you will be standing in front of your dog facing from a couple of meters away.

The recall is offlead too ;)

The recall is offlead too :cry:

lol DERR!!!! It's been a while since I went through CCD! :D

Thanks, I didn't know that a dog fouling on the ground would be such a large deduction.

If by fouling you mean #1's or #2's, yup, cost us first place that one :D :cry::cry:

"poo bag in ring 1, please!" :cry::cry:

Thats 10 points, I can understand how you could go from 1st to last! So it if goes twice? 20 points cause it says on each occasion. So if it doesn't number 1s and then 2s is that 20 points?

For those that are reading and not understanding the fouling rule, here it is:

Fouling:

A dog which fouls at any time while it is under the control of the Judge must be penalised

10 points on each occasion. The deductions must be recorded as 'penalties for

misbehaviour' and deducted from the total score.

Also you can only gain two passes under the one judge for your title.. so lets say you have two passes under Mr Joe Blow, you cannot enter under him again . You must enter under Ms Smarty to get your title

hope that this helps too

RS - when ya gotta go you gotta go :(

btw - I hope it was the dog and not you :cry::cry: :D

Well that's exactly right! There's no ignoring nature :cry: Plus side, if you can count it as one after losing 10 points in one hit like that, is she did it at after the first turn in the heelwork, so after she relieved herself, she pulled off some nice heelwork! You'd be feeling more like heeling with that load off, right? :cry:

Edited by RubyStar

Thanks, I didn't know that a dog fouling on the ground would be such a large deduction.

If by fouling you mean #1's or #2's, yup, cost us first place that one :D :o:cry:

"poo bag in ring 1, please!" :cry::(

Thats 10 points, I can understand how you could go from 1st to last! So it if goes twice? 20 points cause it says on each occasion. So if it doesn't number 1s and then 2s is that 20 points?

For those that are reading and not understanding the fouling rule, here it is:

Fouling:

A dog which fouls at any time while it is under the control of the Judge must be penalised

10 points on each occasion. The deductions must be recorded as 'penalties for

misbehaviour' and deducted from the total score.

Yep that'd be right. If they do a number 1 and then go and do a number 2 afterwards, that'd probably be 20 points. But I think it would be at the judge's discretion on whether to deduct 20 points if they just happened to do a #1 and #2 together - you'd be awfully unlucky, no, awfully unprepared if that happened to you! I take full responsibility for the poo accident, I hadn't ensured she had gone beforehand! So there was no way I could be mad at her, and all I can do is laugh about it now :cry:

Funny thing is, due to the poo, we ended up coming 2nd! Only 2 of us qualified that night :cry: Not bad to come 2nd after a big mishap like that :(

Edited by RubyStar

Enya fouled the ring in her one attempt at Novice - she was already failing in the most spectacular fashion, so by the time she fouled the ring it was all the judge and I could do to not collapse on the ground in laughter :cheer:

Oh gawd, I shouldn't be thinking of that right now - she's back in the trial ring next weekend :cheer:

Enya fouled the ring in her one attempt at Novice - she was already failing in the most spectacular fashion, so by the time she fouled the ring it was all the judge and I could do to not collapse on the ground in laughter :cheer:

Oh gawd, I shouldn't be thinking of that right now - she's back in the trial ring next weekend :cheer:

As long as she doesn't end up in the negative scores! I think my first boy did this once, he failed terribly (in Novice) and then relieved himself twice so I think we ended up with a score below 50 points and that was only because he was rock solid on his stays!!! :love: I watched a round in open recently where the dog ended up with 12 points in total at the end, if it had fouled just think how terrible the owner would have felt! :sick:

Edited by Seita

I watched a round in open recently where the dog ended up with 12 points in total at the end, if it had fouled just think how terrible the owner would have felt! :thumbsup:

Oh my :laugh: Makes one wonder how they made it to open in the first place! :laugh: Poor person! :rofl:

Hi, guys hope you dont mind a newbie question. Just out of curiosity how long did it take you guys to reaach the level CCD? Its amazing whats out there to compete in with your dogs.

Cheers

Bec

Edited by angelsophie

At our club Newfsie and I were told that if your dog fouls in the ring its a disqualification. Suppose I should have read the rules more carefully instead of accepting thier word for it.

:mad off to check rules

Hey Mercedes, remember we are very obedient :D :(:)

Hi, guys hope you dont mind a newbie question. Just out of curiosity how long did it take you guys to reaach the level CCD? Its amazing whats out there to compete in with your dogs.

Cheers

Bec

As long as you've put in all the training, you can trial your pup at 6 mths.