Trained In Adt Style

i'm sorry, but i really had to have a laugh reading about how we get what we pay for in terms of future dog training..

approximately 700 dollars paid in advance to ADT and finding myself and pup 4 weeks into level 4 when the sh*t hit the fan doesn't really lend that statement too much credence :) i LOVED the adt style of training and am really going to miss the two ladies who were pivotal in being able to address some of the behavioural issues i was facing with Skylla, but now its back to croydon.

Sorry, no point whatsoever to this post, other than to share the small giggle i had to myself as perusing this thread. carry on now...

:crossfingers:

Allow me quantify my statement and say that it referred to the QUALITY of the training Grey.

Sorry for your financial loss, just as I am sorry for my friends that lost jobs that they loved and were passionate about.

I hope thatyou find a bargain priced top quality solution to your current predicament.

Consider contacting the NDTF and trying to search for your favourite instructors. Failing success with that avenue you may wish to consider my post about what to look for 2nd time around.

Best of luck and let me know if I can be of any help as I may know of somebody in your area that fits the bill (no pun intended).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no you misunderstand me :crossfingers: i understand what you meant, i was just being silly and thought i would share my giggle moment - if i dont laugh about this i will be angry, and there is no point to that as, to be honest, my one-off financial loss is nothing compared to what the trainers that lost their jobs would be experiencing.

thanks for clarifying, and your pointers on what to look for, depending on how the training goes at croydon i will likely utilise them in my search :)

So there you go guys, I really do hope that this helps put things in perspective for you all. A short post on a complicated subject true, but I think it covers the basics (more or less). Again I would like to state that in no way am I trying to ruffle feathers, instead I am trying to provide access to objective information from a highly experienced professional viewpoint. Basically, its all stuff that I think most people would want to know, indeed need to know. I have not included my personal opinions, rather have tried to provide information to any interested readers that allows them to make their own INFORMED decisions, whatever that decision may be.

scratches head....... :laugh:

Hi Brad and welcome to the forum.

I'm just a little unsure as to why you posted what you did. Discussions about NDTF qualifications and the like have been done to death on this forum.

What was your aim here.....just curious :p

Oh...and don't be wiggling your backside at me :confused:

Oh come on ............... you know you loooove it, K-i :thumbsup:

ETA: Can I start one up on "off-leash parks and the things people do" ?? :o

Edited by Erny

Best of luck in all your doggy endeavours!

Brad Griggs

To what level or expertise did you train 1000's of dogs?

Training for the dogs and their handlers has taken the form of classes, private lessons, boarding and training, behavioural modification, sales of dogs, personal dog ownership, working for and with breeders and also consulting to private companies. Thus the level of training is dictated by the individual dog and the handlers needs and wants. This has varied from leash walking courses to advanced level very highly proofed off leash obedience, complex skills and hand signals.

Whilst I choose not to compete in VCA trials for personal reasons, I have been involved in the training of sporting dogs.

I have also worked with scent detection dogs and handlers in a problem solving and training capacity.

Im not bragging, Im not the best trainer in the world by any means, but I am proud of the runs that I have on the board.

Hope that answer covers it to your satisfaction lablover:)

Have a brilliant week.

Brad

Thanks Brad, I did feel a little bold/rude enquiring.

No hunting or retrieving trials, which are my focus and love. Lucky our labs are focused and love the games as well.

Training for the dogs and their handlers has taken the form of classes, private lessons, boarding and training, behavioural modification, sales of dogs, personal dog ownership, working for and with breeders and also consulting to private companies. Thus the level of training is dictated by the individual dog and the handlers needs and wants. This has varied from leash walking courses to advanced level very highly proofed off leash obedience, complex skills and hand signals.

Whilst I choose not to compete in VCA trials for personal reasons, I have been involved in the training of sporting dogs.

I have also worked with scent detection dogs and handlers in a problem solving and training capacity.

Brad, you seem to have a very wide range of experience. Have you ever worked with Neville Williams?

that's what DOL is about isnt it ... not only do are we strewn with dead horses but we have baaaaaaaad RSI from the floggings we give them ;) come on whats life without a good jab here and there

alpha bet didnt think that name would be popping up round these here parts ...

Brad, you seem to have a very wide range of experience. Have you ever worked with Neville Williams?

Neville Williams who bred, think he still breeds but not sure, GSD's. Cause my best GSD ever came from a Neville Williams in the early 90's.